E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Achu's E93 3DIRTY5 Build Thread [PIC HEAVY]

07-23-2015, 01:31 PM   #419
Ess
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335d

Oh my word. Those wheels though!! I didn't know they were three-piece
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 02:06 PM   #420
Sparky68
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 Alpine White

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.50]
2017 BMW F30 330D  [0.00]
2014 M135  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Hey mate good to see you back, is that the same area the car got trashed last time? Looks like it.
Pure 500
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 04:11 PM   #421
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ess View Post
Oh my word. Those wheels though!! I didn't know they were three-piece
i'm surprised how many people were the same lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky68 View Post
Hey mate good to see you back, is that the same area the car got trashed last time? Looks like it.
ohh naaah, i see what you mean though... this was in victoria, the incident happened in camden lol....

Facebook: Achu Ckr|Twitter: AchuCkr|Instagram: AchuCKR|Flickr: AchuCKR|G+: achu.ckr
THE BUILD THREAD|COMPILATION OF PHOTOS
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 04:32 PM   #422
Sparky68
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.50]
2014 M135  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
ahh Camden, know it only to well. Dont usually hear of probs like you had around there though mate, they must have been some proper fucked up morons!
Pure 500
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2015, 06:31 AM   #423
AdamC
Captain
Rep
Drives: LCI M135i

Garage List
Welcome back, I know whats coming from Instagram
Cars looking good.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2015, 08:02 AM   #424
AzRiz
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 LE500

Moooooooaaaarrrrrr (even though I already know the rest of the story LOL)

Progress Thread | Instagram: @azriz
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2015, 08:34 AM   #425
Cro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d

How do the split rims fit together with the bolts hidden? And that colour.... ooooft
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2015, 08:45 AM   #426
P 5UML
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

wow!!! them wheels doe!!!!

get those final pics up brooooo
      07-24-2015, 11:29 AM   #427
Ess
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Where is today's update? I need to file a complaint.
I'm worried it might make me go green with envy
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2015, 07:16 AM   #428
Digitalize
Photographer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cro View Post
How do the split rims fit together with the bolts hidden? And that colour.... ooooft
The bolts go in to the back and screw in to the face, no nuts.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2015, 09:15 AM   #429
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
ahh Camden, know it only to well. Dont usually hear of probs like you had around there though mate, they must have been some proper fucked up morons!
it was really late at night and in the industrial estate... but i think the people who did it weren't from that area... ahh well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamC View Post
Welcome back, I know whats coming from Instagram
Cars looking good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzRiz View Post
Moooooooaaaarrrrrr (even though I already know the rest of the story LOL)
lol shhhh don't spoil it

Quote:
Originally Posted by P 5UML View Post
wow!!! them wheels doe!!!!

get those final pics up brooooo
i will soon brooo

Quote:
Where is today's update? I need to file a complaint.
I'm worried it might make me go green with envy
ahaha sorrryyy... i'll try keep to what i promised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalize View Post
The bolts go in to the back and screw in to the face, no nuts.
yup exactly that

so the story continues:

i was really worried about how this wrap was gonna turn up so i asked for some updates… this is what i got:

not gonna lie i was so hyped… this is exactly what i was looking for… dark in the dark and bright purple in the sun….

but all flopped and the vinyl started bubbling after being left out in the sun for a bit… it was started clouding up when stretched even slightly - which meant my 1M bumper was gonna be pretty much matte purple LOL…. people people, KPMF vinyl is poo… use the big brands like 3M and Avery... just avoid KPMF... turns out they didn't give me the quantity i ordered and paid for and the material was just shit quality:

so my poor wrapper took it all off again, and this is how i picked it up:

what is life!?

waiting this long, and for the vinyl to just be shit... argh... and my wheels were already done to match!!!

so i researched on another manufacturer... and found Arlon Midnight Purple to be an almost exact match:

so i was gonna refund the KPMF and order the Arlon... nobody had it in stock, William Smith promised it'll be in stock within a month so I decided to wait...

....again the story will continue tomorrow... i know this is long but the end product is really good, promise

Facebook: Achu Ckr|Twitter: AchuCkr|Instagram: AchuCKR|Flickr: AchuCKR|G+: achu.ckr
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2015, 10:00 AM   #430
Ess
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Interesting, this bit of the story is new to me. I didn't know about the purple wrap incident, it's a shame it didn't work out. Looking forward to hearing more!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2015, 10:08 AM   #431
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Quote:
Interesting, this bit of the story is new to me. I didn't know about the purple wrap incident, it's a shame it didn't work out. Looking forward to hearing more!
Agreed Achu's not been on here fur a while so all I could think love the wheels they've turned out of is something was in the making.

But as sometimes happens things don't turn out as expected which is a huge disappointmentbut this life of modding is about adventure and we live and learn. But I'm sure the end the result will be worth the wait and what you've envisaged..... Wheels though look ace.

Hang in there Achu
      07-26-2015, 09:05 AM   #432
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
yeah not many people know about the purple... i really wanted it

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
Agreed Achu's not been on here fur a while so all I could think love the wheels they've turned out of is something was in the making.

But as sometimes happens things don't turn out as expected which is a huge disappointmentbut this life of modding is about adventure and we live and learn. But I'm sure the end the result will be worth the wait and what you've envisaged..... Wheels though look ace.

Hang in there Achu
yes definitely! it's not the worst thing to happen to me lol....

the story continues

....have any of you ever read ‘of mice and men’?

‘The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft a-gley,
An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promised joy’

seemed to suit my situation but no bother… i had more to do and the vinyl would come in a month…

went and picked up a set of rare m3 seats - e93 m3 seats is like unicorn shit, so fvcking rare! also picked up the LCI tails from the same car... and we installed it:

a couple of mods that i've been dying to do since i got the car but never had the funds for... tbh, i can't believe i spent what i did on this shit lol... but it looks good so minor!

a month goes by and i call up William Smith, no stock of Arlon Midnight Purple... i was pissed to say the least... but I thought I'd try a few other suppliers....... nada... looked like nobody in england had it in stock!

called up a couple of people in America too... nothing.... how can nobody have this in stock?! and it's Arlon as well, not some unknown brand... arghhh... what to do?!

i ended up calling Arlon themselves - they're based in Germany IIRC.. they didn't tell me why but they said they had major issues with production of any of the vehicle vinyl... but the guy said there may be a few rolls in issue so he would call around to see if he could get some for me... i really wanted this colour.... but i didn't keep my hopes up...

instead, i decided to go back to 3M who produced my matte metallic blue... they had a few new colours, but no purple! well nothing that i'd want to wrap the car in, they matte purple looks like shit...

i saw a few new colours i liked:
atomic teal

but this wouldnt go with the purple wheels...

blue raspberry

but i was bored of blue

and then i saw liquid copper

this would go with the wheels...

but thennnn... i saw this:

3m green envy... purple and green... like the joker? i was on it.... but i was in 2 minds... i didn't tell anybody that i was going for a different brave colour cos i didn't want to be talked out of it lol...

anyways, the story will continue tomorrow

Last edited by achu; 07-26-2015 at 10:48 AM..
Appreciate 1
      07-26-2015, 01:45 PM   #433
Ess
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Awesome Achu! I know you are disappointed about the purple but I've no doubts the end result you went for will be just as unique and striking.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2015, 05:26 PM   #434
Co55mic
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 320i M Sport

Don't make car angry, you won't like car when it's angry.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2015, 05:26 AM   #435
AirAndre335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Pre Lci

Loving your latest progress build and pics!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2015, 07:14 AM   #436
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Awesome Achu! I know you are disappointed about the purple but I've no doubts the end result you went for will be just as unique and striking.
yeaahhh i guess it's always gonna be the case of what coulda been! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co55mic View Post
Don't make car angry, you won't like car when it's angry.
LOL i should vinyl that on the rear window

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirAndre335i View Post
Loving your latest progress build and pics!
why thank you AirAndre LOL where did you get that name from?

anywho, the story shall go on!

after much thought, and seeing a few pictures after some hard research (not many people rock it), i decided this was going to be the colour… 3M Gloss Green Envy! brave to say the least... I bought the roll and oh my how i almost changed my mind - it was way lighter than i expected, i was so close to refunding it but i thought i might as well... made my way to the wrapper once again…. but you know how my life goes, nothing ever goes to plan:

it was a stop and check thing on earl’s court… usually they go fine, they just waste my time and let me go… stuff like the tints and number plates never bothered the police…. but these guys were different…

my rear tyres were rubbing on the arches… not the sidewall but the rim protector… i actually wanted this when i sized up my tyres so the lips of the rim wouldn’t rub on the arches… but these guys had a massive issue with it....

they said it was unroadworthy and called my insurance to tell them to void the policy :| they also told me my MOT was void…

they said the 3 major issues were the number plates - they said 3d resin were illegal (but i know they’re not), the tints were too dark (by 8%) and the tyres rubbing were a danger (but again i know they’re not)...

next thing i know, they seized it…

i had to take the train home, while they took it to an impound…

the next day, i went to the impound in perivale… they open at 11 and the queue at 12 was massive… it was cold and wet and everybody there was in a bad mood… only 1 till to serve people, and people like me would be in and out in less than 5 mins but there were stupid ass people who just didn’t bring the right documentation and take 45mins… but oh well… 3 hours of queuing, 2 hours of paperwork and i got to see her… oh and it had cost me £150 to get it released + £20 for them to keep it one night…

they recovery truck cost me another £175 and the guy was doing me a favour lol, it took him 2 hours to get the car back while i watched….

the impound crew scratched up the seats, left the doors open in the rain and some how got white paint on shit? i dont know… but what can i do… you are powerless in these things…

later that week, i got a call from insurance asking about this… I explained to them the issue and they said that’s okay, the policy was not void so i was insured.... and my MOT was still valid?

but either way i made a few changes to the car:

took off the tints, they were 8% over the limit but i couldn't be bothered with technicalities…

ordered and stretched on some new tyres 265 kumhos… £350 275 Vreds are now sitting in my shed lol…

the car was now fully legal lol…

i know i know people are gonna say the popo were just doing their jobs etc. but a few weeks later they sent me a letter with a fine for the problems i had… £100… for the spacing on my number plate… not the gel resin...

they didn’t do me for no insurance, which they were bullying me for at the time… i’m guessing they couldn’t do me for the tints... the said the gel resins were illegal but they did me for the spacing?

ahh i don’t know… when i get problems for shit like this but stuff like my vandalism case was dropped in a week, it really annoys me… but my story wasn’t the worst… in the impound, everybody had the same mindset, fvck da police LOL… nah as in, they just all had similar issues, so we all became friends and shared stories haha...

there was a guy who had his car seized too… he reminded me of my dad, just a hard worker… he has a shop and he did some cash and carry… the police stopped him like me and checked his insurance to see he wasn’t covered for business use…. they made him take everything out and took the car… the poor guy had to take his stock, put it in a minicab and go home… what is life… the nice punishment would have been to just make the guy put the stock in a minicab and let him go, making sure he’ll change his policy… or make him adjust his policy there and then - it takes 5 mins and costs nothing… seizing his perfectly functioning honda accord was unnecessary but this is what they do

a recovery driver who’s been going there for donkey’s years told me they have a quota to reach by mid month, and the impound always gets busy around that time...

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2015, 07:32 AM   #437
paulf61
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 320d coupe

Woah, I thought I was having a bad day at work, until I read your post...

Sounds like you've had a run of bad luck, hope it changes soon and hope it doesn't put you off your build.

Unfortunately not much you can do apart from grit your teeth and carry on and try and put it behind you and a 'learning curve'.

The joys of owning modified cars..

Paul
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2015, 08:01 AM   #438
Sparky68
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.50]
2014 M135  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
The reason that vinyl goes " cloudy " is it isnt cast.As for the rest of your week........

Last edited by Sparky68; 07-27-2015 at 08:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2015, 08:13 AM   #439
DriverLDN
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport E90 2006

I feel for you achu! That is harsh man. I go through that stretch in Earls Courts quite often. I've seen them on the prowl the odd few times. Hope they leave you alone now mate.
      07-27-2015, 12:15 PM   #440
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulf61 View Post
Woah, I thought I was having a bad day at work, until I read your post...

Sounds like you've had a run of bad luck, hope it changes soon and hope it doesn't put you off your build.

Unfortunately not much you can do apart from grit your teeth and carry on and try and put it behind you and a 'learning curve'.

The joys of owning modified cars..

Paul
aha yeah, it's okay, shit happens... exactly what i said 'the joys of owning a modified car'

Quote:
The reason that vinyl goes " cloudy " is it isnt cast.As for the rest of your week........
i dont understand? cast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhavik View Post
I feel for you achu! That is harsh man. I go through that stretch in Earls Courts quite often. I've seen them on the prowl the odd few times. Hope they leave you alone now mate.
yeah i got stopped again on Fryent Way but they just checked my insurance and let me go... still wasting my time though :\

Appreciate 0