E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > January '08 Production Thread

02-28-2008, 09:24 PM   #529
princefemi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Silverstone F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn0944 View Post
all veh have been discharged off boat & railed to Charleston; I got mine today and she was on Maersk Wind; you shd hear very shortly if they aren't at the dealer already...mine never showed leaving VPC....worth the wait!
Congratulation Carolyn0944. Evidently, your truck didn't stop in my town cause I still don't have mine. I am truly happy for ya, enjoy and post some pics.
I am starting to think something happened to my car and they had to fix it before they send it out to the dealer. I mean the web page still says "in transit to VPC" for me. At least your OC reported your car as arriving to the VPC. Oh well, I don't think I will see my car this week. Maybe next week. The bad thing is after over 2 months of waiting, my car is going to arrive when I am out of town for business and it will have to sit on the stupid lot of the dealership until i get back instead of safe and sound in my garage. Isn't it funny how things go down sometimes?
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 12:20 AM   #530
mrvuml
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i w/ZSP

Garage List
2008 335i Sedan  [0.00]
Got mine last weekend...
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/bpg...o=view&id=2429
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 06:47 AM   #531
Hobbination
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Still no go for my Maersk car either and im a stones throw (more or less) from both SC and GA. Car's been in America over 2 effing weeks now and still i have no official word, just 6 days in a row of "any day now" I am one impatient SOB and every passing minute it gets worse.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 06:53 AM   #532
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefemi View Post
I am starting to think something happened to my car and they had to fix it before they send it out to the dealer. I mean the web page still says "in transit to VPC" for me.
I wouldn't worry about it. My car also showed "in transit to VPC" for the past couple of weeks, and my SA emailed me yesterday to tell me that it had been diverted to GA (as we all know) and that's why the OC (and his data as well) couldn't track the car. He said that it was at the VPC now, and today (Friday) the OC now shows it as at the VPC. The ETA at the (NC) dealer is 3/1 or 3/2, so I should get the car early next week.

The vast majority of cars are undamaged, so don't sweat it.

I saw a nice 335 coupe yesterday in traffic, and I couldn't help but think "hey, I'll be driving one of those pretty soon".

Cheers,

Michael
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 07:02 AM   #533
bradly202
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Finally changed to "At preparation center" this morning. Man I was hoping to take delivery this weekend. Hey LuvMyE92, which dealer did you purchase from Leith or Performance? We will probably be on the same truck.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 07:04 AM   #534
Hobbination
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

You didnt ask but im a Leith guy....
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 07:20 AM   #535
bradly202
Rep

Cool, Hobbination. Looking forward to seeing some of you guys around.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 07:27 AM   #536
honky tonk
Rep
Drives: E93

Picking my Maersk today, as it got in last nite and CA says they can get Dinan installed and rest of prep done.
Just for fun, I called the "1-800 where is my car" number. It told me my car was at the port waiting for a vessel !!
Gee, BMW, you are making me a little worried about your quality control.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 08:24 AM   #537
Hobbination
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

me to brosuf so everyone can FINALLY stop hearing me whine....Dealer just called. Somone start a January production PICTURE thread....
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 09:12 AM   #538
princefemi
Private First Class
Rep

The OC has updated for me! It now says my car is at the VPC. I wil lbe geting her any minute now. I am so excited!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 10:03 AM   #539
BB
n00b
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

When it finally says your car is at the VPC does that generally mean it's on a truck already?
      02-29-2008, 10:15 AM   #540
Geoman
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi BlkSapphire-Terra

I guess I should have mentioned in my last post that "sounds like Maersk Wind did arrive in Charleston, however the port was full and only a portion of the cars were unloaded. The boat then went to Brunswick, GA where it apparently sits with my car on board." was merely speculation on my part since I have no idea why my car hasn't arrived. Even today the OC still says "en route" I've no idea when the car will arrive. It seems weird to me that most of the folks whose cars were on the Maersk Wind have received their vehicles, including some who are only an 8 hour drive from my location. Patience isn't a virtue if you have none.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 10:50 AM   #541
honky tonk
Rep
Drives: E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoman View Post
I guess I should have mentioned in my last post that "sounds like Maersk Wind did arrive in Charleston, however the port was full and only a portion of the cars were unloaded. The boat then went to Brunswick, GA where it apparently sits with my car on board." was merely speculation on my part since I have no idea why my car hasn't arrived. Even today the OC still says "en route" I've no idea when the car will arrive. It seems weird to me that most of the folks whose cars were on the Maersk Wind have received their vehicles, including some who are only an 8 hour drive from my location. Patience isn't a virtue if you have none.
Did you try the BMW telephone? If not, try 1-800-831-1117. Go to Vehicle Production Status. You can use your order number or VIN.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 12:39 PM   #542
Geoman
Rep

Thanks honky tonk; tried that number but was unable to really get any information. If you follow this link http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...html?call=S6TY and do a look back of 400 hours, you can see the ship in charleston on 2/13 and then in Georgia on 2/14. I guess the VPC is really busy? I'm at a loss....
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 12:42 PM   #543
Winston Wolf
Tax Paying, Gun Toting American Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Hey Geoman. Which dealer did you get your car from? I know Motowerks was about worthless during the tracking process unless you talk to the right guy. Press the dealer for some answers. I have seen the tracking deal they have, and they do know where the car is.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 12:58 PM   #544
Geoman
Rep

Yes, Motorwerks; I'm waiting for them to get back to me. Seventeen days between ship docking and delivery? I don't know if this is unreasonable, however the fact that most of you who were on the Maersk Wind have received your cars seems strange to me.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 01:14 PM   #545
bradly202
Rep

Still no word from my CA either, but atleast my status changed from "en route" to "at preparation center". That gives me hope that it could be soon.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 01:45 PM   #546
Icedog_16
No Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335is

Quote:
Yes, Motorwerks; I'm waiting for them to get back to me. Seventeen days between ship docking and delivery? I don't know if this is unreasonable, however the fact that most of you who were on the Maersk Wind have received your cars seems strange to me.
I'd say that those of us who have already received our cars live closer to the VPC and don't live in the snow belt.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 01:48 PM   #547
Icedog_16
No Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly202 View Post
Still no word from my CA either, but atleast my status changed from "en route" to "at preparation center". That gives me hope that it could be soon.
By the time my status did that, my car was at the dealer either that day or the very next day. YMMV
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 03:56 PM   #548
Carolyn0944
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i cv blk sapph/saddle

I was on Maersk Wind; picked mine up at dealers yest pm late & got home with it about 7:00; have ridden most of the day....woo hoooo.....

If it runs like a dream, drives like a dream, looks like a dream; it must be a BMW......

The ship itself was diverted to Brunswick in the beginning; the cars were all unloaded & sat in Brunswick probably a wk b/4 they got sent to Charleston to the VPC...mine got on a truck Monday but it did not get to my dealer until yest....that ship went on to Calif to further unload...it had already gotten to the west coast and docked b/4 my car got on a truck ????? so I'll bet the remaining Maersk Winders will be del by first of this wk if not the weekend...
      02-29-2008, 03:58 PM   #549
Carolyn0944
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i cv blk sapph/saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedog_16 View Post
By the time my status did that, my car was at the dealer either that day or the very next day. YMMV
Mine never got past "in transit"
      02-29-2008, 07:57 PM   #550
princefemi
Private First Class
Rep

MY CAR HAS ARRIVED!!!
This morning when I checked the OC and it had upgraded me to being at the VPC, I had a hunch that my car was probably already at the dealership or would be there tomorrow. Since I live like 5 min away from the dealership, on the way home from work I decided to swing by. When I got there I went straight to the back where they put cars they are getting ready to prepare for delivery and voila!!! My car was sitting there looking sexy as hell.....I couldn't control myself and jumped for joy like a little kid opening his Christmas present and finding the ever so elusive Nintendo Wii. Man, I tell you, the feeling I felt seeing the car for the first made the wait worth it. To all of you Maersk Winders that are still waiting, hang in there you baby is almost here.

I went home real quick and got my camera and took some pics. I am having trouble posting them. Is there a special trick to posting pics?
Appreciate 0