E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > '11 335d w/ Profi Exhaust and

07-15-2017, 10:05 AM   #45
Chief Orman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335D 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucson335d
Well i just opened the box which was poorly packed. It had a large hole in it where i could stick my hand in there. It should be double boxed at the least. So i opened it up and basically discovered one of the mufflers has a large flatspot in it like someone took a big hammer and whacked it good. Could be DHL damaged it but still it was dissappinting. The box was packed worse than the crap i get from china!

So i looked at all the welds and its just not real good. Sure it will work i guess but its really poor. Some welds are fine but just about every vband weld looks very bad and to make it worse all the vbands are welded at an angle on straight pipe it is very weird. The flex pipe isnt stainless steel i have no idea why not and the sensor bugs arent stainless steel either. Odd considering srainless versions exist but just choose not to use them i guess. The vband to the turbo is welded at a cockeyed angle like if the flange is on straight the down pipe will go off at an angle to the engine instead of just going straight back and then down. If the flange is sqaured up, the pipe as it goes under the car, starts to angle back up towards the car. I would Have to pull down hard on the down pipe and put a block of wood or something under it to make it level but thats going to add unesessary torque on the flex joint. I am talking maybe 3/4 inch of bending to make it level. Lets just say i could not flex it like that by hand without leverage. These flex to absorb vibrations not flex to be an articulated joint. Again all the vbands are not welded on straight the are all crooked i can just imagine the sealing nightmare that will arise as they are meant to be installed to seal and seat flush.

Maybe it's welded in such a way that ot only goes on one way but if thats true then there is absolutely no room for adjustments as you cannot swivel the joints because the flanges are not true.

I needed this to be right from the first time for me because not only can i not afford any extra down time but also i dont Have the ability to take it on and off.

Some of the welds look just fine to me both inside and out but you can clearly see the insides of the tubes for example arent blownout and have filings inside and the welds on the vband flanges look terrible. Then again other welded sections look good both inside and out.

Ill give ivo the oppertunity to fix the ussues, which basically amounts to starting over completely from scratch in my mind, or he can issue me a refund and ill mail it back. Maybe it was DHL who messed it all up at least i know part if it was damaged probably during shipping although i could find no evidence of an impact on the box.

Really disappointed and trust me i am picky but not THAT picky. I could have spent a couple hundred more and probably got a real nice product but now my money is tied up in this product for who knows how long
Yeah I think I am the same boat... probably worth spending a bit more now that I know my downpipe is too long. But at least we have bragging rights around "Bulgarian Engineering".
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2017, 07:18 PM   #46
Lexustbs
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E90 M3

Quote:
Well i just opened the box which was poorly packed. It had a large hole in it where i could stick my hand in there. It should be double boxed at the least. So i opened it up and basically discovered one of the mufflers has a large flatspot in it like someone took a big hammer and whacked it good. Could be DHL damaged it but still it was dissappinting. The box was packed worse than the crap i get from china!

So i looked at all the welds and its just not real good. Sure it will work i guess but its really poor. Some welds are fine but just about every vband weld looks very bad and to make it worse all the vbands are welded at an angle on straight pipe it is very weird. The flex pipe isnt stainless steel i have no idea why not and the sensor bugs arent stainless steel either. Odd considering srainless versions exist but just choose not to use them i guess. The vband to the turbo is welded at a cockeyed angle like if the flange is on straight the down pipe will go off at an angle to the engine instead of just going straight back and then down. If the flange is sqaured up, the pipe as it goes under the car, starts to angle back up towards the car. I would Have to pull down hard on the down pipe and put a block of wood or something under it to make it level but thats going to add unesessary torque on the flex joint. I am talking maybe 3/4 inch of bending to make it level. Lets just say i could not flex it like that by hand without leverage. These flex to absorb vibrations not flex to be an articulated joint. Again all the vbands are not welded on straight the are all crooked i can just imagine the sealing nightmare that will arise as they are meant to be installed to seal and seat flush.

Maybe it's welded in such a way that ot only goes on one way but if thats true then there is absolutely no room for adjustments as you cannot swivel the joints because the flanges are not true.

I needed this to be right from the first time for me because not only can i not afford any extra down time but also i dont Have the ability to take it on and off.

Some of the welds look just fine to me both inside and out but you can clearly see the insides of the tubes for example arent blownout and have filings inside and the welds on the vband flanges look terrible. Then again other welded sections look good both inside and out.

Ill give ivo the oppertunity to fix the ussues, which basically amounts to starting over completely from scratch in my mind, or he can issue me a refund and ill mail it back. Maybe it was DHL who messed it all up at least i know part if it was damaged probably during shipping although i could find no evidence of an impact on the box.

Really disappointed and trust me i am picky but not THAT picky. I could have spent a couple hundred more and probably got a real nice product but now my money is tied up in this product for who knows how long
Ivo would not send me a new right rear can. He refunded me $75 and basically told me to take it or leave it. I felt like opening up a PayPal dispute but with a person overseas and shipping this hunk back I just decided to take my $75 and sulk. Not sure if the people before me got a better product or what, but I'd consider this a waste of $1100. Steer clear.
      07-15-2017, 11:13 PM   #47
Asonchadwick
Sleepy
Rep
Drives: bmw

Yeah i dont suspect he will want to refund me my money. Maybe he will refund some of it but honestly this isnt worth more than maybe $300. I cant even say its going to fit right and if it scrapes on the ground why would i install it at all.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2017, 03:49 PM   #48
Lexustbs
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah i dont suspect he will want to refund me my money. Maybe he will refund some of it but honestly this isnt worth more than maybe $300. I cant even say its going to fit right and if it scrapes on the ground why would i install it at all.
you will have to rig on it and twist the sections just exactly right for it to have a hope of working. Just noticed last night my right can hangs a good 3-4" lower than the left. the left is tucked up nice in the well but the right just hangs low.
      07-16-2017, 09:20 PM   #49
Asonchadwick
Sleepy
Rep

I cant rotate anything because nothing is square. All of the vbands are welded at angles so there will be no adjustments possible except bending hangers. I cant even installl this as i dont have a tune but ya
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 08:12 AM   #50
Hockey13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport

Quote:
I cant rotate anything because nothing is square. All of the vbands are welded at angles so there will be no adjustments possible except bending hangers. I cant even installl this as i dont have a tune but ya
option to remove the vband and just slip clamps?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 08:30 PM   #51
Lexustbs
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
oh wow. ya so everything has to be where it is on your install. Hopefully it works out for the best. Can you post some photos of your exhaust and the v band flanges?
      07-17-2017, 10:24 PM   #52
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep
Drives: G07, F97, F30, E90, E46, E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexustbs View Post
by the time you try to re rig this exhaust I think it's better to spend the extra $600 for a better fit.
There is another exhaust which is perfect fit, 301ss and $1,350, turboback
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 12:12 PM   #53
JTC1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Yeah, I was reading through the last few posts and was thinking the same thing. A full ATM exhaust is only what, $250 more? And your getting a quality product from someone who supports our platform and is local (or at least compared to Bulgaria). I looked at this exhaust as an option, but glad I went ATM.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 12:26 PM   #54
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTC1 View Post
Yeah, I was reading through the last few posts and was thinking the same thing. A full ATM exhaust is only what, $250 more? And your getting a quality product from someone who supports our platform and is local (or at least compared to Bulgaria). I looked at this exhaust as an option, but glad I went ATM.
Yup, I have the OG version in 201ss and very happy with it. Minor oxidation from road salt, but nothing a quick buff can't remedy and the updated version is in 301ss. I just recently changed out the DP for a catted DP and the pipe looked barely used, just slight yellowing from heat. The only minor adjustment required is alignment of rear tips after a few heat cycles.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 02:20 PM   #55
Hoooper
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335D

Since when is a full ATM exhaust only $1350? When I was looking, it was $1350 not including downpipe. If the full ATM exhaust turbo back is only $1350 now thats a no brainer.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 05:42 PM   #56
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooper View Post
Since when is a full ATM exhaust only $1350? When I was looking, it was $1350 not including downpipe. If the full ATM exhaust turbo back is only $1350 now thats a no brainer.
Link

https://www.atmspeedshop.com/product...-combo-save-50

I paid less with downpipe since mine was the 201 version. The combo never cost more than $1,350.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 11:25 PM   #57
Hoooper
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335D

When I was buying the cheapest other exhaust on the market was 1100 and that didn't include the downpipe. Not sure why anyone would buy this profi exhaust given that price comparison for the atm now
Appreciate 2
dmanb2b2134.00
      07-20-2017, 04:03 AM   #58
Asonchadwick
Sleepy
Rep

Well i have quite a legthy review if anyone is interested about the profi exhaust i recieved. Long story short it is not as advertised. No "mirror" finish as advertised, instead its matt finish. Not all "T-304ss" as advertised, the flext pipe and sensor bungs are all mild steel, hangers may be 409ss. Missing hangers, so there is no hanger between the turbo and rear axle and all weight is supported buy the turbo flange and the hanger at the rear axle. Welds do not look properly back purged as there is a lot of bubbly slag on the inside of the pipes on one side but none on the other in places. In other places there are gaps between the pipe and the flanges. In my case i asked to substitue vbands in place of slip fittings and not one of the vbands is interlocking. Somehow they used non interlocking vbands which i couldnt even find anywhere on the internet. One of the vband clamps broke immediately upon removal after test assembly, the threaded shaft just sheared off while loosening the nut. From a good distance, to the untrained eye, this actually looks pretty nice but its in the design, details, construction and materials used that it fails. Ivo wont refund me and he told me it cost $170 to ship it to my address but when i tried to ship it back to his address i got hit with a $1,300.00 quote from DHL and others!!! He seems more interested why i messaged him through paypal and his subsequent alleged "humiliation" as a result.

let the buyer beware you may be protected through paypal and paypal will refund the monies but you are required to ship it back first with signature verification before they issue a refund. This i did not know. I paid $1,236.00 for this so its now junk and if i cant return it and get a refund its going in the garbage. It is literally useless and i will have lost my money. There is alot more wrong but i wont bore anyone with the details. I get the feeling this was assembled in such a way were you have a big cold pit and some guy is underneath in the pit and the car rolls over top and they begin to assemble it a little bit at a time. Maybe one day the guy is in a good mood maybe gets some hott coffee and maybe does an ok job, but then maybe the next day he is cold and fingers are stiff and nothing hot to drink and he just wants to get out of the pit as fast as possible so the job is crap. There is deffinately no quality control taking place but the price is enticing. I wish i had ordered the atm one but it was out of stock and slightly more expensive. I wouldn't be so upset except i failed to check on shipping and i just ASSumed if i had to send it back it would cost me similarly what it cost him, maybe $170. So now i am just straight kicking myself for being so dumb

Last edited by Asonchadwick; 07-20-2017 at 04:17 AM..
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2017, 06:22 AM   #59
Lexustbs
Private
United_States
Rep

piece of junk. what makes me mad is the good reviews on here. apparently they had shitty expectations starting out and got what was expected. sorry to hear your exhaust is totally worthless.
      07-20-2017, 06:25 AM   #60
Hockey13
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexustbs
piece of junk. what makes me mad is the good reviews on here. apparently they had shitty expectations starting out and got what was expected. sorry to hear your exhaust is totally worthless.
or maybe the product changed. all I can attest to is mine was fine with the two exceptions I already discussed, egt bung and wanting better tips. sucks the the stuff you guys have been receiving is shitty.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 05:55 PM   #61
Lexustbs
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13
Quote:
or maybe the product changed. all I can attest to is mine was fine with the two exceptions I already discussed, egt bung and wanting better tips. sucks the the stuff you guys have been receiving is shitty.
sorry. I did not mean to sound rude to the OP. It just sucks that the quality has gone so far down. apologies
      07-20-2017, 06:00 PM   #62
Hockey13
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13
Quote:
sorry. I did not mean to sound rude to the OP. It just sucks that the quality has gone so far down. apologies
no worries. that does suck. on a side note, everyone saying just buy one from the US... keep in mind that back when I got mine, as several other did as well, the US ones were $850 just for the downpipe. the rest of the exhaust was ~$1k, a significant price difference. I hope maybe others have profi in transit to see it it's consistently a waste of money now or if it was just a couple bad apples...
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 08:45 PM   #63
JOHNNYBRAVO1
NY BRAVEST
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Monaco blue, 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13 View Post
no worries. that does suck. on a side note, everyone saying just buy one from the US... keep in mind that back when I got mine, as several other did as well, the US ones were $850 just for the downpipe. the rest of the exhaust was ~$1k, a significant price difference. I hope maybe others have profi in transit to see it it's consistently a waste of money now or if it was just a couple bad apples...
Guys I'm shocked to hear that also. Maybe my profi was 1 of the first they did and took there time. My welds/bends/hangers/ DP everything was great and I've had it almost 2 1/2 or more and the SS is still in great shape and I live 2 blocks from the Atlantic ocean's salty air. Before I bought the profi, I bought a buzzken DP for almost 800 and then I need exhaust. No one except profi and per4mance has a complete exhaust for our cars at the time.. I know guys with the ATM that's have also had fitting issues and was told it's made in China. At the time I paid 820 for the profi shipped and it worked, just the bung issue but that was easy. If the mufflers don't line up, you can always do straight pipes.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 01:38 AM   #64
Asonchadwick
Sleepy
Rep

Pretty sure the atm one is not made in china. Probably ill get the rawtek downpipe and the atm downpipe back exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 08:28 AM   #65
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucson335d View Post
Pretty sure the atm one is not made in china. Probably ill get the rawtek downpipe and the atm downpipe back exhaust.
I would not hesitate getting an ATM down pipe, for the price it's really a good deal. My dp looked new, except for yellowing from heat, after 20k miles and a winter season in NY. You can order the combo from Whitbread...contact him for pricing
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 05:50 AM   #66
Asonchadwick
Sleepy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanb2b View Post
I would not hesitate getting an ATM down pipe, for the price it's really a good deal. My dp looked new, except for yellowing from heat, after 20k miles and a winter season in NY. You can order the combo from Whitbread...contact him for pricing

Spoke to matt today he is going to get back to me. I see on his website he has pics of the catted version. Seeing hiw that looks and whatnot i think ill opy for that assuming i eveey actually get my monies back for the profi one i bought...otherwise i am just screwed. It cost prodiesel $175 to ship to me the exhaust and i can't ship it back for less that $1300 wtf!!

Last edited by Asonchadwick; 07-22-2017 at 12:30 PM..
Appreciate 0