E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > ASR Engineering 335/135 Twin Ballbearing Turbo Upgrades Completed

Closed Thread

05-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #749
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr engineering View Post
Our turbo upgrades are performing flawlessly and daily driven with the pump gas/meth tune. We take local customer's for rides on a weekly basis. If anyone feels we are being dishonest, any local board member is more than welcome to come by and see for themselves. I will also try to put together a run between our 135i and one of our local M5 customers.

We are in the process of machining 10 sets of turbos that will be available to customers that have already placed orders. This will be the first batch of turbos available to the general public through us and our distributors. It did not make much sense to machine 10 sets and have them ready on the shelf, before reaching our hp and drivability goals.
sounds pretty good.

btw, more interesting than a fun run would be good 1/4 mile times:
personally, i would like to see 1/4 mile times for your new turbos:
1/ 1/4 mile times run on just pump gas
2/ times for pump gas and methanol, and
3/ times for methanol + race gas

note that most of us would be running the fuels number 1 and 2 above - not methanol PLUS race gas.

my 2 cents
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 01:48 PM   #750
asr engineering
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife View Post
sounds pretty good.

btw, more interesting than a fun run would be good 1/4 mile times:
personally, i would like to see 1/4 mile times for your new turbos:
1/ 1/4 mile times run on just pump gas
2/ times for pump gas and methanol, and
3/ times for methanol + race gas

note that most of us would be running the fuels number 1 and 2 above - not methanol PLUS race gas.

my 2 cents
I agree, that should't be problem. We should have some free time within the next 2 weeks or so to get to the track. Until then, a couple of highway runs from 40-180 roll against an SMG equipped M5 with our upgrades is a pretty good test as well. Most M5's with all of our bolt on's (No Nitrous) run an average of about 120mph trap speeds, and about 130mph with our nitrous package.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #751
scheherazade
Major
Rep
Drives: 09 GTR (& 93' accord!)

ASR,

Have you guys done anything to increase the longevity of the wastegate actuator seals, so the 'rattle' doesn't eventually happen?

-scheherazade
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 05:21 PM   #752
CATJACK
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Exactly how old are you? You sound like a pipsqueak little kid hiding behind a keyboard with those types of comments. Look buddy, if that's what you have to tell yourself so you can look sleep better at night or look yourself in the mirror, good for you. Your sense of insecurity and inferiority complex are really shining through. Have you read what people are writing about? It's apparent no one here on this forums likes you or respects what you have to say. All you're doing is making it worse. Keep up the good work!
Yes, I'm a little kid hiding behind my keyboard, great way to win over what WOULD have been a potential customer. The facts remain, that it is you that has continually "e-yelled" and avoided EVERY chance to provide this community with quality information. To this date you have not quantified a single point of contention. You are the one who needs to stock up on the baby wipes.

I am VERY secure in all of the information and knowledge that I have. I'm not the one who posted things that they *thought* were factual (your stock flow data), then later had the information removed as it was NOT accurate.

Weather anyone likes me, or respects me is not a valid reason to not give people what they are paying for. If you are going to advertise all over this board coupled with NOT BEING A SITE SPONSOR about your turbo upgrade, and not show people the proof that what you are selling is in fact what you say they are, I think it is you who is losing respect and credibility. I NEVER once asked you for sensitive information, all I asked was for 100% verification that these were FULL Garrett GENUINE Dual BALL BEARING, NOTHING else.

I asked very simple questions that you cannot/will not answer, this is suspect, and those here smart enough to read between the lines know or have figured you out, Mr. Hennessey. Good luck selling your Venom 50000000 kits here to BMW guys!! http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #753
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATJACK View Post
Yes, I'm a little kid hiding behind my keyboard, great way to win over what WOULD have been a potential customer. The facts remain, that it is you that has continually "e-yelled" and avoided EVERY chance to provide this community with quality information. To this date you have not quantified a single point of contention. You are the one who needs to stock up on the baby wipes.

I am VERY secure in all of the information and knowledge that I have. I'm not the one who posted things that they *thought* were factual (your stock flow data), then later had the information removed as it was NOT accurate.

Weather anyone likes me, or respects me is not a valid reason to not give people what they are paying for. If you are going to advertise all over this board coupled with NOT BEING A SITE SPONSOR about your turbo upgrade, and not show people the proof that what you are selling is in fact what you say they are, I think it is you who is losing respect and credibility. I NEVER once asked you for sensitive information, all I asked was for 100% verification that these were FULL Garrett GENUINE Dual BALL BEARING, NOTHING else.

I asked very simple questions that you cannot/will not answer, this is suspect, and those here smart enough to read between the lines know or have figured you out, Mr. Hennessey. Good luck selling your Venom 50000000 kits here to BMW guys!! http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622

Uh....ok. Then don't buy them?
      05-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #754
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by normtrum View Post
Uh....ok. Then don't buy them?
+1

and stop hating. So lame.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 09:07 PM   #755
Slidewayz
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

It's been suggested before: we should simply close this thread and later add a pointer when meaningful new info is released about the turbo upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 10:19 PM   #756
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep

Quote:
I agree, that should't be problem. We should have some free time within the next 2 weeks or so to get to the track. Until then, a couple of highway runs from 40-180 roll against an SMG equipped M5 with our upgrades is a pretty good test as well. Most M5's with all of our bolt on's (No Nitrous) run an average of about 120mph trap speeds, and about 130mph with our nitrous package.
look forward to this fun run, and the 1/4 mile times
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 10:22 PM   #757
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep

.... imho, no real sense arguing tooo much on the internet.

obviously ars is releasing only limited info right now. they may release more as the time of full release nears.
the points of both sides have been stated.... letīs just call this back and forth agruement (which is getting ugly by the way) a tie, and just leave it at that.

my 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATJACK View Post

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 01:06 AM   #758
rollyn2night
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

Garage List
07 e92 335i  [0.00]
If this thing can beat the m5 then im sold. But one question though, how stable is the car at those speeds(180mph), and with the upgraded turbos, these cars will hit 150-160mph pretty quick andthat is probably the fastest most people will take it.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 01:26 AM   #759
roozie2001
Just some guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 White 335i sedan

catjack thanks for your insight. I think u have some great questions that are yet to be answered.
      05-12-2009, 11:44 AM   #760
CATJACK
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roozie2001 View Post
catjack thanks for your insight. I think u have some great questions that are yet to be answered.
Thank you, as I stated to these guys, I'm only interested in a few facts, I never once asked for them to release any proprietary information about their process, but they continue to bob and weave like Sugar Ray Leonard and Mohammad Ali every chance they get.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 12:09 PM   #761
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollyn2night View Post
If this thing can beat the m5 then im sold. But one question though, how stable is the car at those speeds(180mph), and with the upgraded turbos, these cars will hit 150-160mph pretty quick andthat is probably the fastest most people will take it.
I've been driving 270 km/h on several occasions in Germany on the motorways without speed limit, and even with stock suspension it did not feel unsafe (I have 19" 235/265mm tires though, non RFT obviously, as well as the Alpina aerodynamics package which should help).

In the long run I think I will however invest in a sport suspension and upgrade brakes to keep on the safe side.

I would however be surprised if these speeds were of importance in the US, as they could only be reached on closed tracks (and then not on many of them I would assume). In Germany it's not uncommon to frequently drive faster than 200 km/h over long distances (on public motorways).

Alpina_B3_Lux
      05-12-2009, 12:30 PM   #762
Handsome_Rob
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i w/6spd!

^ Yeah I've had my 330 at an indicated 150 and it felt pretty solid. These things were designed to be sold here. Everyone hauls ass. An unstable car wouldn't sell very well.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 07:07 PM   #763
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
I've been driving 270 km/h on several occasions in Germany on the motorways without speed limit, and even with stock suspension it did not feel unsafe (I have 19" 235/265mm tires though, non RFT obviously, as well as the Alpina aerodynamics package which should help).

In the long run I think I will however invest in a sport suspension and upgrade brakes to keep on the safe side.

I would however be surprised if these speeds were of importance in the US, as they could only be reached on closed tracks (and then not on many of them I would assume). In Germany it's not uncommon to frequently drive faster than 200 km/h over long distances (on public motorways).

Alpina_B3_Lux
do you have stock SPORT suspension or STOCK suspension (non sport package)?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 10:09 PM   #764
DisGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M Three Powah

hahahaha this is funny. damn i havent been on this site for weeks and still no good info on this forum. some ppl need to get a life and stop getting all worked up over car parts LoL. its only a bmw, it aint like you driving a super car. well theres my 1/2 cent comment, i cant wait to read the next thread about my reply HAHAHAHA
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 12:32 AM   #765
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

man this thread should be closed.. start a new thread when the product is in customer's hands so we can read some reviews or at least see more vids posted by ASR.. the wait is killing me
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2009, 01:17 PM   #766
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbrooks18 View Post
man this thread should be closed.. start a new thread when the product is in customer's hands so we can read some reviews or at least see more vids posted by ASR.. the wait is killing me
funny that it has been many WEEKS since shiv tuned the turbos down in florida.

last i heard ARS was produced a bunch of upgraded turbos for distribution.

but no update or new news since then.... isnīt shiv supposed o put these upgraded turbos in HIS car ??
btw, wouldnīt be a good idea if ARS or others improved the wastegates while they are at it? could not cost too much and it would give us all more piece of mind.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2009, 06:16 PM   #767
abmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335xi Coupe

Come on guys.... No news = bad news!!
      05-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #768
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2009, 07:16 PM   #769
aus135i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

no more news???????????????????
      05-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #770
inthemiddle
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollyn2night View Post
i have kw v3s on mine.. i can vouch for it feeling plenty stable at 150... even on not totally smooth roads... i'd imagine the stock suspension would actually be slightly better than my too low (need to raise it a little) kws over the slightly bumpy stuff... but the car was solid....

didn't hang out there that long.. but long enough... (very straight and empty road) ... anyway.. yea.... i wouldn't worry too much about that based on what i've seen/felt so far...
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread