E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > * The Official: San Diego Chat Thread (#3) *

Closed Thread

07-22-2012, 01:47 AM   #8735
jballer123
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011m3 zcp

hi everyone i am looking for a place to tint my 335i coupe, any recomendations and prices thanks again
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 03:25 AM   #8736
christianjan
Benz to a Beamer
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 07 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballer123
hi everyone i am looking for a place to tint my 335i coupe, any recomendations and prices thanks again
Hot Spot over in Chula Vista. Great service and lifetime warranty
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #8737
Anon007
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballer123 View Post
I went to Mr. Tint in Escondido, great work and also a lifetime warranty.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 11:47 PM   #8738
khaye1
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 18 AW F80

SOOOO SEXY! if I say so myself

07-22-2012, 11:57 PM   #8739
Anon007
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaye1 View Post

looks awesome
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 12:41 AM   #8740
Anon007
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianjan View Post
Curious how much yours was to tint 2 front, 2 rear, and back windshield. I got tint on mine at Mr. Tint who did a great job but it was 175$. Unfortunately now that I go to school at university of arizona I need to go much darker, tempted to go limo since i have a AZ license plate/ID now and tint there is not a problem. Since yours is in Chula Vista I'm expecting it to be a little cheaper?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 12:48 AM   #8741
christianjan
Benz to a Beamer
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 07 e90

Quote:

Passed your car in the parking lot this weekend, looks HELLA good!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 08:10 AM   #8742
khaye1
Colonel
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDCarton View Post
looks awesome
Quote:
Passed your car in the parking lot this weekend, looks HELLA good!
thanks! all I need now is wheels
      07-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #8743
sdstatestud88
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 MW F80

Hey guys...I have a 2008 modded 335i and get a rattling/ticking (more rattling IMO) coming from the engine bay area upon acceleration. It is only during acceleration and can be heard with the windows down as the sound echoes off cars, buildings etc

Any insight? Thank you
      07-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #8744
khaye1
Colonel
Philippines
Rep

wastegate rattle?
      07-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #8745
sdstatestud88
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
wastegate rattle?
Im pretty sure it isnt waste gate rattle since I had that before and it doesnt sound like that. It also happens upon acceleration as opposed to deceleration where waste gate rattle typically occurs. It also isnt the injectors. Honestly sounds like something is stuck in the turbo or the compressor wheel is loose or hitting something. Trying to get into South County next week to have them take a look. BMW of SD says they dont hear it...You cant miss it lol.
      07-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #8746
plokij
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDCarton
Quote:
Curious how much yours was to tint 2 front, 2 rear, and back windshield. I got tint on mine at Mr. Tint who did a great job but it was 175$. Unfortunately now that I go to school at university of arizona I need to go much darker, tempted to go limo since i have a AZ license plate/ID now and tint there is not a problem. Since yours is in Chula Vista I'm expecting it to be a little cheaper?
I would tell you where I got my tint done, and I'm super pleased with how nice it looks and how much heat it reduces, but it cost quite a bit more than $175 for all windows including the windshield... like, a lot more.

I find everything in SD to be inflated. I'm not sure why this is the case, but it just is. If you're looking to save money I would suggest OC or LA.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #8747
plokij
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdstatestud88
Quote:
wastegate rattle?
Im pretty sure it isnt waste gate rattle since I had that before and it doesnt sound like that. It also happens upon acceleration as opposed to deceleration where waste gate rattle typically occurs. It also isnt the injectors. Honestly sounds like something is stuck in the turbo or the compressor wheel is loose or hitting something. Trying to get into South County next week to have them take a look. BMW of SD says they dont hear it...You cant miss it lol.
I see Bimmer of SD is continuing their stellar customer service!

I went there a few weeks ago in need of coolant. They sold me the bottle and then they all stood around and watched me mix their bathroom sink water and their coolant in the parking lot as I filled up my res. What a world we live in!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 12:58 PM   #8748
BGoode
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Dinan 335i Coupe

Not a fan of BMW of SD either. Had a bad ignition coil and they quoted me $580...I can buy a new coil at Autobahn for $57 and do it myself...
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #8749
sdstatestud88
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by plokij View Post
I see Bimmer of SD is continuing their stellar customer service!

I went there a few weeks ago in need of coolant. They sold me the bottle and then they all stood around and watched me mix their bathroom sink water and their coolant in the parking lot as I filled up my res. What a world we live in!
I brought my car in last month for its 37500 service or whatever mileage it was and asked if they changed my oil and they said no not until August..I laughed and said so I have to bring it back in 3 weeks...Tisk Tisk
      07-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #8750
Anon007
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quick question, I replaced my regulator in my rear passenger window and now every time I roll it up on auto, it hits the top and rolls back down half way... anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #8751
khaye1
Colonel
Philippines
Rep

It's been said before and I'll say it again...do not go to BMW of SD, for services go to South County and ask for Natasha and Nick. Natasha is an awesome SA and Nick is the best tech out there since he knows the car in/out...he actually owns one and tracks it!
      07-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #8752
sdstatestud88
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's been said before and I'll say it again...do not go to BMW of SD, for services go to South County and ask for Natasha and Nick. Natasha is an awesome SA and Nick is the best tech out there since he knows the car in/out...he actually owns one and tracks it!
I have seen people say dont go to BMW SD but since I have owned the car they havent given me any problems and have been helpful, and I know Natasha gets real busy. I spoke with Nick himself today and he told me to schedule an appt for next week and he will get me figured out and taken car of.
      07-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #8753
khaye1
Colonel
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdstatestud88 View Post
I have seen people say dont go to BMW SD but since I have owned the car they havent given me any problems and have been helpful, and I know Natasha gets real busy. I spoke with Nick himself today and he told me to schedule an appt for next week and he will get me figured out and taken car of.
I bought my 1st car from them and initially I took it in for service at BMW of SD. They freakin' annotate every mod on your car and is left on permanent record...they even noted that I had scrapes on the bottom of the bumper because my "suspension is too low and is not optimal". I went in to top of my coolant, they said can't do it and I had to buy it and top it off myself. This is the kicker:

Had a half engine light come on, called in for service and asked if I could drop it off and get a loaner. I requested for a loaner and was told that they didn't have any available. I said but I would be with out a car and that's gonna be an issue, girl said that's not my problem. I fuckin yelled at the bitch and asked to speak to the sales manager since I just bought the car six months ago...........................she no longer works there!
      07-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #8754
sdstatestud88
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I bought my 1st car from them and initially I took it in for service at BMW of SD. They freakin' annotate every mod on your car and is left on permanent record...they even noted that I had scrapes on the bottom of the bumper because my "suspension is too low and is not optimal". I went in to top of my coolant, they said can't do it and I had to buy it and top it off myself. This is the kicker:

Had a half engine light come on, called in for service and asked if I could drop it off and get a loaner. I requested for a loaner and was told that they didn't have any available. I said but I would be with out a car and that's gonna be an issue, girl said that's not my problem. I fuckin yelled at the bitch and asked to speak to the sales manager since I just bought the car six months ago...........................she no longer works there!
What a joke...Ill be chiming in the next week or two with an update
      07-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #8755
jackson29
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:

BMW of SD stole all my coins, enough said.
ALL OF THEM!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 04:22 PM   #8756
Infamous
Secret Asian Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Yup. Those and many many more terrible experiences. Not even the tip if the iceberg.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson29 View Post
BMW of SD stole all my coins, enough said.
ALL OF THEM!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdstatestud88 View Post
What a joke...Ill be chiming in the next week or two with an update
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread