E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > MMM335's Build/Daily

09-02-2016, 04:18 PM   #111
Brule
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92 6spd man

Zoom zoom
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2016, 11:03 PM   #112
MJ80.
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i DCT Individual

Those are pretty cool id be keen for somthing like that perhaps just in black though.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2016, 06:14 PM   #113
jt33592
Australia
Rep
Drives: 09 335i E92 DCT M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335gc View Post
So i bought the 1m bumper, found it on gumtree by accident.

Here's some more pics:

Should be in transit early this week, hopefully have it painted and fitted next few weeks. Pretty happy to say the least.. my cars starting to come together... wish i bought that m3 bonnet now.
Gonna look sweet! I spotted these on Gumtree back in April and if it wasnt for the fact it was in Perth, I would of snapped it up!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2016, 03:18 AM   #114
MMM335
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i

Took the car to a show and shine over the weekend, decided to give e85 a go as they had a dyno day over the weekend..

Seems to run 40% pretty well, LPFP seems to hold up and car seems to run it fine.. anything over i presume id have to upgrade the pump which i plan on doing, not going to be a regular thing as filling up with e85 is a bit of a hassle.. took me abit to work it all out.

Got on the dyno and was pulling hard up the hwy and throughout the day up until it got on the dyno, due to the ongoing HKS clip/VRSF flange problems it threw a max of 8psi and 300hp quite disappointed i couldn't rep the beama like i intended was embarrassing having to try get the screwy and hammer out on last pull to re-seat the stupid clip that i am sure isn't going in..

WILL UPDATE WITH VIDEO

I've msg'd VRSF once again as i want this issue resolved or they can have the shit back, as ive now had a leak test and it is in fact the charger pipe to throttle body and BOV causing the issue as i once thought, but according to them, there should be no floor in fitment and boost and that the install i went with should be 100% fine... i don't know how many times ive pulled it off to re-do even had a shop play with it to no avail.. and re-occurrence.. find it odd they didn't post together to begin with and totally overlooked my order... something tells me they didn't have products on hand or sent me an older one with fitment issues.. or i am generally one of the ones that ended up with a poorly designed charger pipe, which they keep giving me the beat around that something on my end is wrong..

I sent an email yesterday still no reply... guess ill wait a week for a response.. im sure by then ill just weld the stupid thing in the charger pipe but.. VRSF parts aren't the best fitting, even the cooler doesn't sit flush and ive constantly explained to them it won't and they respond telling me the procedures which doesn't help... they just dont admit that there products arent 100% and arent taking liability.. pretty poor considering ive bought alot from them.. there customer service and fitment issues need to be addressed on their website... the perfect fitment so they claim is bullshit.. they can't even post a package with all there contents and had to be followed up to get what i paid for.
MHD Stage 2+ e60 OTS|VRSF V2 Catless DPs|VRSF 7 Inch FMIC|VRSF Charger Pipes|Turbosmart Supersonic BOV|K&N DCI's|VRSF OEM Silicone Inlets|BMS OCC|FUEL IT STAGE 2|07+ TCU Conversion|XHP Flashtool Stage 3 Race Map|1m Front Bumper|CSL Wing|Aero Rear Bumper|DTM U Shaped LED Angel Eyes with RGB Demon Eyes|M3 Cowl

Last edited by MMM335; 09-04-2016 at 03:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2016, 06:31 AM   #115
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Took the car to a show and shine over the weekend, decided to give e85 a go as they had a dyno day over the weekend..

Seems to run 40% pretty well, LPFP seems to hold up and car seems to run it fine.. anything over i presume id have to upgrade the pump which i plan on doing, not going to be a regular thing as filling up with e85 is a bit of a hassle.. took me abit to work it all out.

Got on the dyno and was pulling hard up the hwy and throughout the day up until it got on the dyno, due to the ongoing HKS clip/VRSF flange problems it threw a max of 8psi and 300hp quite disappointed i couldn't rep the beama like i intended was embarrassing having to try get the screwy and hammer out on last pull to re-seat the stupid clip that i am sure isn't going in..

WILL UPDATE WITH VIDEO

I've msg'd VRSF once again as i want this issue resolved or they can have the shit back, as ive now had a leak test and it is in fact the charger pipe to throttle body and BOV causing the issue as i once thought, but according to them, there should be no floor in fitment and boost and that the install i went with should be 100% fine... i don't know how many times ive pulled it off to re-do even had a shop play with it to no avail.. and re-occurrence.. find it odd they didn't post together to begin with and totally overlooked my order... something tells me they didn't have products on hand or sent me an older one with fitment issues.. or i am generally one of the ones that ended up with a poorly designed charger pipe, which they keep giving me the beat around that something on my end is wrong..

I sent an email yesterday still no reply... guess ill wait a week for a response.. im sure by then ill just weld the stupid thing in the charger pipe but.. VRSF parts aren't the best fitting, even the cooler doesn't sit flush and ive constantly explained to them it won't and they respond telling me the procedures which doesn't help... they just dont admit that there products arent 100% and arent taking liability.. pretty poor considering ive bought alot from them.. there customer service and fitment issues need to be addressed on their website... the perfect fitment so they claim is bullshit.. they can't even post a package with all there contents and had to be followed up to get what i paid for.
Do you have the rubber o'ring in place where the CP connect to the inlet?

Boost leaks are a PITA!!! I spent weeks looking for my leak, turned out after taking it to a workshop it was the BOV... (replaced it and put in a turbosmart BOV)
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2016, 06:49 AM   #116
MMM335
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Yeah i have the o-ring in place, the c clip doesn't stay in the flange.. and im aware the c clip is hard, but ive attempted so many times now.. just guna weld it in i think
MHD Stage 2+ e60 OTS|VRSF V2 Catless DPs|VRSF 7 Inch FMIC|VRSF Charger Pipes|Turbosmart Supersonic BOV|K&N DCI's|VRSF OEM Silicone Inlets|BMS OCC|FUEL IT STAGE 2|07+ TCU Conversion|XHP Flashtool Stage 3 Race Map|1m Front Bumper|CSL Wing|Aero Rear Bumper|DTM U Shaped LED Angel Eyes with RGB Demon Eyes|M3 Cowl
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2016, 06:52 AM   #117
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

Quote:
Yeah i have the o-ring in place, the c clip doesn't stay in the flange.. and im aware the c clip is hard, but ive attempted so many times now.. just guna weld it in i think
Yeah its the vrsf pipe which is garbage, I've had to fix my friends one. Removing the charge pipe from the car and hammering the clip with a punch ended up getting it in and seemed to handle 30psi when I pressurized it with my air compressor.

With how variable their products are you probably got one that simply won't work, just get a new charge pipe, their HKS one sucks
      09-04-2016, 07:19 AM   #118
A'PEXi
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

part number for RHD mats, let me know if you get stuck ordering them at a good price

09-04-2016, 10:35 AM   #119
MMM335
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl View Post
Yeah its the vrsf pipe which is garbage, I've had to fix my friends one. Removing the charge pipe from the car and hammering the clip with a punch ended up getting it in and seemed to handle 30psi when I pressurized it with my air compressor.

With how variable their products are you probably got one that simply won't work, just get a new charge pipe, their HKS one sucks
I am actually leaning towards that to. The pipe is defective and won't allow fitment. Ill wait for VRSF to reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A'PEXi View Post
part number for RHD mats, let me know if you get stuck ordering them at a good price

Will do, cheers! defiantly the mats ill be buying, i just gave mine a good wash today for the time being.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2016, 08:58 PM   #120
MJ80.
Major
Rep

I just fitted a synapse bov and vrsf cp and im not getting any codes but im definitely getting some sort of power loss and then sudden return on wot. Wonder if its similar leak in the bov.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2016, 09:06 PM   #121
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Hmm may have to perform a smoke test?

I wasnt getting any codes either, but had a major boost leak...

Do some logs and see if you're hitting boost targets
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2016, 09:22 PM   #122
MJ80.
Major
Rep

I will do for sure, its in the shop today getting DPs FMIC and coilovers, so will do later in the week.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2016, 06:29 AM   #123
MMM335
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

I hold boost, hit 16psi but everynow and then BOV comes loose and i gotta re-tap it in... VRSF wont reply to me either... over it.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 02:21 AM   #124
MMM335
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

This happened trying to re-seat it today, now officially pissed off. VRSF can have this garbage back, caused me nothing but problems since it was installed.

On a positive note, will put the car in tmoz to have this pained and fitted.

Going to have the honeycomb painted gloss, as well as the kidney grills, possibly the rear honeycomb in the rear aero bar to.

Going to decide weather ill keep parking sensors, if i should bother with them.. also going to have to code out fog lights.. which ill miss most.

Last edited by MMM335; 09-06-2016 at 07:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 07:23 AM   #125
Trev88
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320d e90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by A'PEXi

Do they fit an e90? Haha
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 08:00 AM   #126
EB89
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i e92 DCT

Garage List
Still jelly of your 1M bumper, interested to see the gloss mesh, will look sweet I reckon.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 09:47 AM   #127
MMM335
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev88 View Post
Do they fit an e90? Haha
Yes they do, they fit e90 floor pans there the same apparently.

Hope so, hope the ACC sits behind the mesh, and i dont have to modify or remove the mesh to fit it.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 05:24 PM   #128
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

VRSF came out after I was FBO so have never used any of their gear, but yeah lately it seems hit and miss

Post this up in the turbo sub section on the main forums and VRSF will send you a replacement ASAP once you post up a thread about your poor experience (so they save their reputation - FWIW Tiago seemed to be a good bloke)
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 05:36 PM   #129
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

Quote:
The play at the TB is absolutely normal, you don't notice it with the OEM unit because it's made of flexible plastic. The o-ring is the one provided by HKS. If it's fully seated and the clip is in place, the only reason you could have a boost leak would be a loose/incorrectly positioned t-bolt or one of the two meth bungs are loose. Make sure the t-bolt is positioned directly after the bead on the piping and make sure both meth bungs are tight.
Absolute garbage, I use a stock charge pipe with a new genuine oring and that thing is really tight. I have found VRSF charge pipes to have very average fitment at best, they seem to be pretty loose and have seen a few leaking out of the number of cars I see. Problem is most people wouldn't know cos these cars tolerate large boost leaks before throwing codes.

Last edited by vtl; 09-06-2016 at 05:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 05:40 PM   #130
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl View Post
Problem is most people wouldn't know cos these cars tolerate leak boost leaks before throwing codes.
I had a major boost leak (was targeting 19 psi and hitting about 8 psi) and no codes were thrown... So you're 100% correct there!

Fortunately for me I had picked this up when logging, which as its been said before how important it is to conduct a data log run every now and again to check such parameters.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 05:41 PM   #131
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev88 View Post
Do they fit an e90? Haha
E90 mats are different FYI
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 07:32 PM   #132
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Bet it ends up in a shit fight, ill do it but and quote all their emails.

Yup... agreed... their products are defective and they know, but still persist in throwing off the cause and arent honest.

His replied saying he will take all the items back as a resolution... pretty piss poor when he could send me a new BOV... he knows i wont send all back, what a stuff around.
Try and remain civil and not too petty.

something simple like pretty dissapointed in my VRSF experience with a few pics and lack of resolution (leave out all the he said she said for now) and see if VRSF start tap dancing in a favorable manner for you.
Appreciate 0