E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Removing OEM Radio and AMP and adding new apm and head unit - Advisable?

06-06-2014, 05:42 AM   #1
Ramb0
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320d E90 LCI

Lightbulb Removing OEM Radio and AMP and adding new apm and head unit - Advisable?

Hi Guys

CAR: BMW e90 LCI 320d 2010
Im pretty new to car customisation, not really done much in my country.

I plan on removing the OEM radio and changing to a Parrot Asteroid Smart Double DIN
I currently have after market Speakers and Amplifier installed. And will install a CANBUS cable for Gong and PCD.

Ill probably use a Y adapter RCA with CH1 & CH2 MS Inputs for the PDC
Ill replace the OME Microphone with the Parrot provided one and install a Reverse camera in the license plate light.

There is a sub in the trunk/boot and 2 subs under the seats all aftermarker that will run off a mono block and then the 4 door and 4 tweeters running of another amp all fed tot he Parrot Asteroid Smart.

Ive bought the Double Din (http://r.ebay.com/rTDY5r) which was a mission to find this shape and the parrot will be delivered soon.

After reading a TON of forum posts about how to do things im just wondering if i am missing anything? Will i have any trouble completely removing the OEM Radio?

Many thanks and ill post pics and DIY as soon as i start
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 02:52 AM   #2
Ramb0
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320d E90 LCI

bump
Appreciate 0