E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > LR Window problem

05-26-2017, 10:01 AM   #1
Polish_Pounder
Rep
Drives: 2007 335XI

LR Window problem

Hey,

So i have the issues where the rear windows dont come up once they are all the way down -_- so i have to sit there for 20 minutes putting pressure on the rear window until we get it to go back up. What is the permanent fix for this a new regulator?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 03:47 PM   #2
kkasson
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 328i, 08 BMW 528i

What exactly was happening?

There's a pretty rare issue where the window will work normally unless it's completely rolled down, in which case when you try to roll it up it will move up an inch or so and then roll back down.

You said you put pressure on it...was it actually stuck or was it moving up an inch and then going back down?

If it was stuck it sounds like a regulator issue, if it tries to roll up and then goes back down again it's probably the motor.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2017, 07:52 AM   #3
Polish_Pounder
Rep
Drives: 2007 335XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkasson View Post
What exactly was happening?

There's a pretty rare issue where the window will work normally unless it's completely rolled down, in which case when you try to roll it up it will move up an inch or so and then roll back down.

You said you put pressure on it...was it actually stuck or was it moving up an inch and then going back down?

If it was stuck it sounds like a regulator issue, if it tries to roll up and then goes back down again it's probably the motor.
Its the issue only when i roll it all the way down it gives me issues. It will do what you said roll up like an inch and back down. The fix for it is you put pressure up by the B pillar on the window and let go right as it puts pressure on you. It takes a few minutes to get it but it tricks the motor i guess to thinking something is blocking it and it ups the power output eventually putting the window back up. I want to fix the issue here so whatever that would be, motor?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2017, 01:37 PM   #4
El Cheapo Loco
douchebaggo
Rep
Drives: stick

Was the regulator ever replaced? If so, is it OEM part? I replaced my regulator with a non-OEM one and it has the same issue. It won't go back up when rolled all the way to the bottom. The fix is to replace with OEM.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2017, 08:40 PM   #5
kfrazie1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

I have the same issue - still trying to figure it out. Replaced the plastic pieces on 2 regulators and windows wont close.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1407827
      08-01-2017, 05:09 AM   #6
BashShah
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan

try a simple thing.
it has worked in the past in other threads.
it is kind of a learning thing.

roll window down by pressing it....but do not release button.
when window is all the way down, continue holding for 12-15 sec.
then same for up. roll window up.....and do not release button for 12-15 sec after window is up.

you must press down button all the way.....not half.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2017, 10:21 PM   #7
kfrazie1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNemesis View Post
try a simple thing.
it has worked in the past in other threads.
it is kind of a learning thing.

roll window down by pressing it....but do not release button.
when window is all the way down, continue holding for 12-15 sec.
then same for up. roll window up.....and do not release button for 12-15 sec after window is up.

you must press down button all the way.....not half.
Did that multiple times. The windows initialize fine. They just don't roll up when opened all the way. Both rear windows.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2018, 07:13 PM   #8
yodaddyguido
Rep
Drives: 06 330i sport

any more progress on this topic? mine get stuck at the bottom as well. now, my drivers side rear is 100% unresponsive to driver position control, as well as at the door. i replaced the motor thinking that may be it, but same situation. nothing happens when i depress the window buttons at all. passenger side still works, but gets stuck at the bottom often. all other windows except the drivers side works properly. totally dead, and it tripped that god-forsaken anti-trap function disabled warning... that goes off every. twelve. seconds. no. matter. what. any ideas?
Appreciate 0