E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > 2009 I-drive update

01-21-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
cali_guy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 MW M4 DCT

2009 I-drive update

Is there any news on a new i-drive update for the 2009 models? I can't stand having the shopping carts all over my screen as well as some other glitches.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 12:40 PM   #2
FrankFi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali_guy View Post
Is there any news on a new i-drive update for the 2009 models? I can't stand having the shopping carts all over my screen as well as some other glitches.
Were you not able to get rid of these? I have a 2009 335ix and was able to remove them by using "Options" while the Nav map was on the screen and then telling it to display "ALL" under "Points of Interest" (yeah, I know, that sounds weird, but that is what worked... I may have also made sure every POI category was unchecked first.) I later when back and told it to display "None" and there are none displayed. However, I don't know if I can make it display grocery carts now if I want it to!

- Frank
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
Kilgore Trout
Chicks dig wagons!
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91
Location: Where you can see through the people, but not the air (i.e., Los Angeles!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali_guy View Post
I was by the dealer yesterday and asked about it. They sent a "case" to BMW about the shopping carts, but there is no word yet on the fix.

Cali_guy: Could you list the other bugs you've seen? If we could get all the bugs in one list, I'll contact BMWNA myself and see what they have to say.

The biggest problem I have is the shopping carts. But, other issues have to do with the "arrow" sidewindow. It sometimes won't list the street I am turning on, other times it lists junk (I'm turning on one street and it says "Census Tract" instead of the street name).

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 04:24 PM   #4
Kilgore Trout
Chicks dig wagons!
Rep
Location: Where you can see through the people, but not the air (i.e., Los Angeles!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankFi View Post
Were you not able to get rid of these? I have a 2009 335ix and was able to remove them by using "Options" while the Nav map was on the screen and then telling it to display "ALL" under "Points of Interest" (yeah, I know, that sounds weird, but that is what worked... I may have also made sure every POI category was unchecked first.) I later when back and told it to display "None" and there are none displayed. However, I don't know if I can make it display grocery carts now if I want it to!

- Frank
I bet you if you zoom in on your Idrive, the shopping carts will come back.

From what I can see, they only go away under two circumstances:

1) Zoom out.
2) Enable traffic maps

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 09:25 PM   #5
GMT II
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: I ride the bus.

I had the shopping carts too. Then the navigation component failed altogether. It refused to route to any destination despite knowing its position. BMWNA had to get involved and walk my dealer through blanking out and rebuilding the entire hard drive. Took 6 straight hours to reprogram piece by piece.

But hey, now they are gone.

6MT / ZPP / ZSP / Nav / Prem. Hi-Fi / Sirius / CA / Heated Seats (you keep the ski bag) / Park Dist. / HD Radio (because it was free)
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 12:23 PM   #6
FrankFi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
I bet you if you zoom in on your Idrive, the shopping carts will come back.

From what I can see, they only go away under two circumstances:

1) Zoom out.
2) Enable traffic maps
Yep, I have traffic maps enabled. So, no carts but of course no other POIs either. I can live with that, but a fix would be nice. I will complain to my dealer also.

- Frank
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 12:28 PM   #7
Kilgore Trout
Chicks dig wagons!
Rep

Well, you can see what happened. You have no POIs at all because all POIs are disabled by the traffic map. Doing that made the shopping carts go away.

This is a seriously annoying problem.

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 05:27 PM   #8
cali_guy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 MW M4 DCT

Some other annoying things on new i-drive:

Night mode: When turned on will not change back to daylight automatically during the day. Also night mode does not fuction if all three selction are on. ie night mode, perspective, and traffic.

HD radio: When you turn your car off with a radio station on it cant get a signal from the same station when you start the car up again. I have to actually retune the station again.

In perpective mode as Kilgore mentioned, map lists junk streets or locations like trailer parks, town squares, instead of major roads.

In guidence mode, my navigation has made me pass my desired location (more then once) only to tell me to make a legal U-turn and then make a left in to a street i could have accessed just by making a right turn in the first place.

Please list your bugs or dislikes so we can get a fix for our i-drive. I contacted my dealer but they said no update is available.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2009, 12:43 PM   #9
sph328i
Rep
Drives: 2016 428xi Gran Coupe

Announcing Street Names

Does anyone know if the latest idrive update will include the aanouncement of actual street names? My 2008 version does not. And its very annoying. I paid $2200 for my full system and I would expect this entire thing to much better and more user friendly. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2009, 10:18 PM   #10
Kilgore Trout
Chicks dig wagons!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sph328i View Post
Does anyone know if the latest idrive update will include the aanouncement of actual street names? My 2008 version does not. And its very annoying. I paid $2200 for my full system and I would expect this entire thing to much better and more user friendly. Thoughts?
You're talking about "text to speech" capability. I can 100% guarantee you that will not be added in any updates (data or programming).

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2009, 10:19 PM   #11
Kilgore Trout
Chicks dig wagons!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeak View Post
pics of the 09?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179330

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
Appreciate 0