E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > What do you use to clean up your interior ?

04-14-2014, 10:04 AM   #1
datbimmer
Wastegate Rattle
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i m6t nav sport

What do you use to clean up your interior ?

I recently decided I will start getting everything I need to keep the car as clean as possible and I need ideas. Pics would be cool. What kind of brushes/products do you use ? What do you clean your vents with ?

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 12:01 PM   #2
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by datbimmer View Post
I recently decided I will start getting everything I need to keep the car as clean as possible and I need ideas. Pics would be cool. What kind of brushes/products do you use ? What do you clean your vents with ?

Hello!

There are a variety of ways to clean up your interior. Starting with cleaning products: Our Leather Cleaner and Carpet Cleaner are strong but safe to use. They target dirt and grime that are deep in the surface. Using a leather brush helps with removing the dirt and grime.

To keep it looking new and healthy we recommend using a water-based conditioner like our Leather Conditioner. This conditioner is safe to use on the dash as well. It helps block UV rays to prevent it from drying, cracking, or fading.

Cleaning vents: Using a microfiber towel, we go through each opening with a plastic stick that's small enough to fit through the vents. We spray a little bit of leather cleaner on the microfiber towel to make it easier to remove the dust. Our leather cleaner is safe to use most interior surfaces.

Here's a picture of our leather cleaner 50/50 shot. We didn't use a leather brush. The cleaner itself was effective enough to remove dirt and grime.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 06:02 AM   #3
DMH-01
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M Sport

I use the following...

Plastics: Clean with an APC (Megs) and dress with Espuma Dasheen.
Carpets: Wet vac using Valet Pro Heavy Duty Cleaner.
Leather: Gliptone Leather Cleaner, protect with Gtechniq L1.

And some of the brushes I use...

Multipurpose:

Carpet:

Vents:

Appreciate 0