E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > New IL Environmental plate - not for me - exchange?

08-27-2011, 12:02 AM   #1
ex-poster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2000 328, 2006 330

New IL Environmental plate - not for me - exchange?

I'm sure on some cars the new all-green plate looks nice, but it clashes with my car something fierce.

Can I just exchange these plates with the ordinary light blue background/red letter plates at the DMV?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 12:00 PM   #2
Daya
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335 space gray/coral red

Garage List
2007 E92 335  [9.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithrh View Post
I'm sure on some cars the new all-green plate looks nice, but it clashes with my car something fierce.

Can I just exchange these plates with the ordinary light blue background/red letter plates at the DMV?
Funny you should post this, I just received my new EV plates a couple of days ago and wasn't sure I would like them better than the old ones. I put them on and they look really unique. All standard IL plates have always been white/blue and I have lived here my whole life, so to have stark green plates is a welcome change. I have space gray with black wheels and black trim and I think it looks great. I'll post pics later if I have time.

I don't believe they are able to issue the old environmental plates as the green ones have officially replaced the light blue ones.

What color car do you have?

GIAC S2 | Brembo GT BBK 355/345 | BBS CH-R | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | AR Design: DP, S1 Oil Cooler, OCC | AMS FMIC | Bastuck Quad Exhaust | Borla MP | KW V1 | Stett: CAI, CP | Forge DV | P3 Boost Gauge | Arkym: Front Lip, Rear Quad Diffuser | Vorsteiner CSL Trunk | LUX H8 | ModMyNav | MFD M3 Sideskirts | BMW M-Tech Front/Rear Bumpers, Edition Grills
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 02:25 PM   #3
Ricer X
noted crusty old man
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a man late for work

Garage List
2007 335i  [6.76]
because I am completely catless and drive with a heavy foot with tires not recommended for my car, an ev plate would immediately fall off my car, wither and die
      08-27-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
CubanJJ09
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an asshole

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [6.18]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricer X View Post
because I am completely catless and drive with a heavy foot with tires not recommended for my car, an ev plate would immediately fall off my car, wither and die
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 12:02 AM   #5
ex-poster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2000 328, 2006 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daya View Post
Funny you should post this, I just received my new EV plates a couple of days ago and wasn't sure I would like them better than the old ones. I put them on and they look really unique. All standard IL plates have always been white/blue and I have lived here my whole life, so to have stark green plates is a welcome change. I have space gray with black wheels and black trim and I think it looks great. I'll post pics later if I have time.

I don't believe they are able to issue the old environmental plates as the green ones have officially replaced the light blue ones.

What color car do you have?
I've got black with 35% tint with a black interior.

The old plates used to match up to the roundel pretty well - these won't. However, I'll reconsider trading them in based on your input - maybe it will actually be nicer.
Appreciate 0