E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > HP Fuel Pump replaced - Was Oil Changed?

08-09-2007, 05:46 PM   #1
davidlakin
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335 Coupe

HP Fuel Pump replaced - Was Oil Changed?

Had my HP Fuel Pump replaced this week at 1700miles. I noticed the alignment dots on the oil filter no longer line up. So, I was wondering if the oil and oil filter were replaced as part of the HP Fuel Pump installation? I could ask the service advisor, but I feel like I never really get a straight answer or they just tell me what they think I want to hear. Now, I don't know if I should bother changing the break in oil or not. Why didn't BMW put a friggin' dip stick on this car? At least I could see if the oil appears dirty...
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2007, 06:05 PM   #2
Park2670
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlakin View Post
Had my HP Fuel Pump replaced this week at 1700miles. I noticed the alignment dots on the oil filter no longer line up. So, I was wondering if the oil and oil filter were replaced as part of the HP Fuel Pump installation? I could ask the service advisor, but I feel like I never really get a straight answer or they just tell me what they think I want to hear. Now, I don't know if I should bother changing the break in oil or not. Why didn't BMW put a friggin' dip stick on this car? At least I could see if the oil appears dirty...
Oil doesnt need to be changed for HPFP to be replaced. Intake manifold does come off though.
      08-10-2007, 10:16 AM   #3
droptop335
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i (E93)

You service invoice documents everything that was done to the car. This is how they track the cost of servicing your car, its service history, request parts (oil/filter), as well as feeding data to their inventory control system. They didn't change the oil if it's not listed on the invoice.

MHD Stage 1 Flash, M-Factory Helical LSD

By the way people: USE YOUR F&*#ING TURN SIGNALS! Pass the word.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2007, 12:41 PM   #4
davidlakin
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335 Coupe

Well, no mention of oil or oil filter on the invoice, but it does appear they opened the oil filter cover, for whatever reason. I guess I'll just assume they reused the original filter (if it was removed at all), and I will change my oil and filter anyway...
Thanks!
Appreciate 0