E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Blown 320d turbo!

02-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
BSINGH
Rep
Drives: E90 320d

Blown 320d turbo!

Hi Guys,

i have a 2006 E90 320d after a drive home one evening whilst still on the motorway i lost all power, initially i has thought that i had a blowout as i could hear a whining sound, i pulled over and found that the whining sound was coming from the engine itself. Immediatley i thought that it was the turbo that was gone, there wasnt any smoke and i was able to slowly able ot drive the car home.

They next day i had it checked and when it was connected to diagnostics threw up a whole load of errors. The newbie at the garage erased these and proceeded to test the car after which according to them pointed at a faulty turbo. At this point it was smoking like crazy!

I after a lengthy day searching for a turbo i was able to search one luckily as bmw wanted 1275 + VAT! i got the new turbo and got a local garage that i trust to fit it. I was told that the exhaust, intercooler and the pipes has to be cleaned fully which was acceptable. However after the new turbo was installed and everything cleaned the car failed to start. They initially drove the car into teh ramp etc and it didnt give any problems but since then failed to start. I have checked fuel and we have given the car a jump start and even tried to push start the car but it is ticking over but not starting, it sounds like there is lack of fuel but everything seems ok>? I was wondering if anyone knows what the cause could be? I understand that there can be a hole lost of things that can cause this and it doesnt help that the previous garage erased the codes, has anyone experienced this? or have any ideas where we could start to look?

Many thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Be sure to post this in the UK regional forum; there aren't any 320d's in the US, but there are a bunch in the UK. Sorry for your troubles with the car, good luck in resolving the problem!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 04:40 PM   #3
BSINGH
Rep
Drives: E90 320d

Many thanks!! if a mod could please delete this thread would be appreciated and i will repost
Appreciate 0