E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > 330i now, or wait for 328i sedan?

06-30-2006, 09:12 PM   #1
mikepro
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Volvo S60 2.5T

330i now, or wait for 328i sedan?

So, I'm trying to decide if I should ED a 330i sedan now, or wait for the 328i sedan. Only problem is, don't know when the 328 will come out, and what pricing will be. I suspect it will be relatively close to the 325i. I would consider a 325i now if it had a little bit more torque. It just seemed slightly sluggish off the line. (I'm used to my Volvo S60, which has about the same HP, but a lot more torque at 236 lbft, available at low rpm). The 328 seems to have a bit better balance of torque and HP number as compared to the 325.

For what I want, (MT, Premium, Cold, and Xenons) the 330i is about $3455 more than the 325. That is kind of steep for the extra power. I know, it comes with the Logic 7 as well, but I consider that money completely wasted, as I would never get that option. I guess there are some other minor differences the 330 has, such as the larger wheels and some chrome trim, but mostly it seems to be the extra power.

So, I guess I need to speculate as to what the price increase will be for the 328. I find it hard to imagine it would increase even $1000 over the base 325 price.

I'm not really in a hurry, although to do ED this year and not have to deal with driving in winter on performance tires, I'd have to do it relatively soon. When the heck are the 328 sedans gonna be available for ED???? (Or at least the pricing announced??!!?!?)

So, assuming a slight price increase for the 328, the probability of not being able to get as good a deal (shooting for $1000 over ED invoice) on the new 328 as the 330, the effective price difference is not that great. So, why wait??? LOL, but what if I get the 330, and the 335 comes out with only a very slight price increase? I'd regret that.

LOL, I guess I know the smart thing to do is wait, at least for all of the information to come out so I can make the most informed choice. Still, trying to find a way to convince myself to get bimmer sooner rather than later. Heh, if I never found this forum, I wouldn't know about the upcoming model changes, and probably could have made a decision by now. Ignorance can be bliss....

Any thoughts on my insane, confused ramblings?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2006, 10:18 PM   #2
Gripster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
It's tricky. You will never have the latest and greatest - there is always something new.

My position is sealed. I haven't even taken redelivery of my car and I know that the 335i is coming. It's annoying, so I decided to get philosophical about it and think, well I won't get these next months back, I wanted a new car and I bought one. The 330i remains what it is when I bought it - a superb automobile that meets all my needs.

Life is too short to spend it worrying about these things. You always regret the things you don't do more than those that you do, so I say get the 330i NOW and enjoy.
      06-30-2006, 11:50 PM   #3
RichP
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Fleet would know, but the factory closes in August for a few weeks for retooling/vacation. That may push back your ED anyway, and put you in a 328.

A 2nd model year car will have a better resale than a 1st year, even though, relatively speaking, E90s have been pretty good so far with new-car-platform issues
Appreciate 0