E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > FAO 335 drivers, ''when asked what do you drive''.....?

View Poll Results: what do you say?
Three Thirty Five 15 45.45%
Three Three Five 18 54.55%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

11-03-2007, 05:18 PM   #45
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezebm View Post
Right boys, i think when St Carlos reads all this he will hopefully get the idea that a lot/most of us are getting pissed off with him....and some of his drivel,was/is funny but E90 is about our beloved BMers not Carlos and his life or lack of all imo of course....so chill-out
+100
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 05:21 PM   #46
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiBurt View Post
...By the way, did I mention I saw a dog today?

forgot to put my brown recycling bin out on Tuesday - did anybody else do this? Are your bins brown? Now its full and I dont know what to do -can anybody on this BMW car enthusiast's forum help me decide????

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 05:33 PM   #47
mcdcherry
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335d M Touring ordered 6/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by redE93cab View Post
+100
Agreed.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 05:39 PM   #48
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdcherry View Post
Agreed.
maybe.....just maybe.....the hint will be taken???????

or, more likely!

i suspect a major tantrum is coming our way

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 05:41 PM   #49
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [8.00]
Quote:
forgot to put my brown recycling bin out on Tuesday - did anybody else do this? Are your bins brown? Now its full and I dont know what to do -can anybody on this BMW car enthusiast's forum help me decide????

My brown bins are for garden rubbish - grass, hedge cuttings, twigs, leaves - you get the idea? However, I also have blue bins for plastics, newspapers, magazines, plastics, cans, clothes - ok? Our blue bins go out with the brown ones on a Wednesday (every second week). The normal bins, normally referred to as black (although they are actually a lovely dark charcoal grey... think sparkling graphite without the sparkle) go out on alternate weeks.

Just checked and I have plenty capacity in my brown bins - why don't you just post your rubbish on here (take advice from someone on how to do this if necessary ) and I'll sort it out for you.
      11-03-2007, 05:49 PM   #50
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4 Beemer View Post
why don't you just post your rubbish on here (take advice from someone on how to do this if necessary )
anybody got any idea who could help me

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 06:08 PM   #51
silverbmwz3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: X5 g05

Garage List
Always makes me laugh how much time people have to post "why did you post this" posts about how irate they are that the thread was even posted. Isn't that a little bit ironic ? Just skip over them if you aren't interested guys, give the guy a break, no harm done. Your beloved posts about "What colour car shall I get" will still be there either side of this one. A big clue is usually in the "OT: " at the start. 3 pages of posts sounds like encouragement to me, if you don't like the topic just ignore it - I struggle to believe it spoiled your day that much. Life must be pretty good if it takes some posts on a forum to piss you off.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 06:26 PM   #52
poobarr
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Golf GTi

Sorry chaps, but he a total idiot, talks absolute crap, writes carlos....shit whatever at the end of every bit, is immature, and apparently , by the look of this thread, annoys the shit out of everyone.

At his age I was out canning it, shagging anything that moves, he has posted 3000 odd time since march - sad git!!

Just my two penny worth....what a wanker
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 06:28 PM   #53
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbmwz3 View Post
Always makes me laugh how much time people have to post "why did you post this" posts about how irate they are that the thread was even posted. Isn't that a little bit ironic ? Just skip over them if you aren't interested guys, give the guy a break, no harm done. Your beloved posts about "What colour car shall I get" will still be there either side of this one. A big clue is usually in the "OT: " at the start. 3 pages of posts sounds like encouragement to me, if you don't like the topic just ignore it - I struggle to believe it spoiled your day that much. Life must be pretty good if it takes some posts on a forum to piss you off.

just voicing our opinions! - we do it far far less than some and get shot down when we do?

Don't you remember the idiot kid you had in every class at school - you can ignore em for so long but then you just end up getting wound up and saying something.......

As for OT posts - i do agree that forums contain OT posts and they keep the forum 'alive' however they are usually about something relatively worthwhile - a bit like the one going on about Ian Blair, etc... - no one is criticising the fact there are OT posts, and I for one don't want to ignore every post that says OT in front of it, BUT, asking how you say the model description of your car - I am sorry but it's askin for comments.

Nobody is out to offend people, but people are going to get wound up be senseless infantile posts.

just IMHO - others may or may not agree.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 06:32 PM   #54
poobarr
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Golf GTi

sorry but in response to the original question i would say 33SPASTIC!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 06:33 PM   #55
silverbmwz3
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for that enlightening post number 3 poobarr, you've obviously been around quite some time to form that opinion.

Carlos is well liked here, not sure what's up with everyone today the forum isn't usual this personal unlike others and I quite liked it that way. There's no need for this carlos bashing. He's a young lad, enjoys his cars and has done no harm. What strikes me as "sadder gits" is a load of old blokes who should know better having a go at him.

Aaaah, I think we've found us someone come here just to Carlosbash, from another forum perhaps. And that rede93cab is the problem - you and others are simply encouraging it IMHO. Nothing wrong with opinions but when it gets personal I don't think there's any need for that.

I still don't understand what there is to get wound up about. In the scale of things in life isn't getting wound up about a few posts here a bit sad in itself?!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 06:38 PM   #56
Oli
Campervan man
Rep
Drives: RS3 and VW Kombi

Quote:
Thanks for that enlightening post number 3 poobarr, you've obviously been around quite some time to form that opinion.

Carlos is well liked here, not sure what's up with everyone today the forum isn't usual this personal unlike others and I quite liked it that way. There's no need for this carlos bashing. He's a young lad, enjoys his cars and has done no harm. What strikes me as "sadder gits" is a load of old blokes who should know better having a go at him.

Aaaah, I think we've found us someone come here just to Carlosbash, from another forum perhaps. And that rede93cab is the problem - you and others are simply encouraging it. Nothing wrong with opinions but when it gets personal I don't think there's any need for that.
Sorry Silver, on this one you are wrong, the boy is a total idiot, and ruins a good forum. And by the look of all the replies, looks like everyone thinks he's a total tosser.

Genuine VW T5 California Rental
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 06:41 PM   #57
silverbmwz3
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliH View Post
Sorry Silver, on this one you are wrong, the boy is a total idiot, and ruins a good forum. And by the look of all the replies, looks like everyone thinks he's a total tosser.
Ruins a good forum? I didn't notice it being ruined. You still seem to be here Oli? I think you all need to get a sense of proportion. OK so this isn't the most appealing post but still several people have posted back in a light hearted manner without getting personal. That's what ruins a good forum, people making it personal. Sorry, but you are wrong. I know for a fact everyone doesn't think he's a total tosser, just those that have got stuck in at the tail end of this thread - including someone I've never heard of before who felt the need at their 3rd post to go the extra mile in personal attacks on this guy, no doubt encouraged by the preceding posts.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 06:41 PM   #58
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [8.00]
For me, it was a partially interesting question that Carlos raised. I remember when I was a kid having a conversation with someone and I mentioned the fact that their car was a "three twenty five". The chap that owned the car corrected me and said that its referred to as a "three two five". For me, it was a reasonably relevant thread, but it doesn't just apply to the 335!!!!

At the moment (due to work) I might only be on the forum 2 or 3 times a week, but it seems every time I look at the UK forum the list of threads has completely changed and you then have to pretty much read through them all to see whats interesting!
      11-03-2007, 06:42 PM   #59
silverbmwz3
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Thank you z4, and NFS, and Viv and others who didn't find the need to make this personal.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 06:42 PM   #60
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I still don't understand what there is to get wound up about. In the scale of things in life isn't getting wound up about a few posts here a bit sad in itself?!

a few??????????

4,200+ posts is not a few!!!!

It's not like you can avoid him - he posts on EVERY single thread near as damnit - surely that's the only thing that is sad??
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 06:44 PM   #61
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thank you z4, and NFS, and Viv and others who didn't find the need to make this personal.
I apologise for having an opinion
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 06:45 PM   #62
silverbmwz3
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I apologise for having an opinion
Now you are just being silly, I didn't say anything about having an opinion. Do you walk around expressing opinions you have on others in public without any regard for it or the effect on i) that person or ii) the tone of the forum generally? I doubt it, or at least I would hope not. I'm not sure what you are referring to with 4,200?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 06:48 PM   #63
silverbmwz3
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
I can see you and your thread lasting a long time
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 06:51 PM   #64
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Now you are just being silly, I didn't say anything about having an opinion. Do you walk around expressing opinions you have on others in public without any regard for it or the effect on i) that person or ii) the tone of the forum generally? I doubt it, or at least I would hope not. I'm not sure what you are referring to with 4,200?
Of course I don't but there comes a time, when you log on for the daily browse of the forum, and there is yet another pointless post, it just kinda gets on your nerves. The effect it 'should' have on the person should be positive. It should make the person think about what he posts. The majority of his posts don't get a bad press, so surely he should stick to doing those instead of raising some useless poll on how you pronounce three numbers?

It is not the first time someone has commented on his daft posts, and whilst everybody appreciates humour (and this forum has it in spades - I often sit chuckling at some of the comments made - on topic and off) I believe there are limits!

The 4,200 referred to his post counter!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 06:54 PM   #65
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [8.00]
I still think that the OT stuff needs put in a sub-section and kept separate from the more relevant stuff. Lets look at the facts - on the main UK page it shows 36 threads, but a week or so ago I remember replying to a thread relating to redE93cab's car and the fact it was suppose to be having its idle speed increased!!! I have no idea where that thread has gone because there are a lot more (irrelevant) threads on top of that. I personally would like to go back to that thread and possibly read what the outcome was, as I think that sort of info is relevant to the forum. Its pretty much impossible to do that (without searching... and I'm too lazy to do that) because of the increase in the number of irrelevant threads being created. I have nothing whatsoever against OT threads, but they definitely do need separated away from the more relevant topics.

Just my €2 worth.
      11-03-2007, 06:56 PM   #66
silverbmwz3
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Look at the posts by poobarr above - you think they are positive!?
There are ways and means and I just think people have overstepped the mark a bit, perhaps I'm being too sensitive.

The guy is young, enthusiastic about cars and keen to talk about them. He likes it here, and I think on the whole people like him, particularly it seems those who have met him. I very much doubt 4,200 posts are complete twaddle. It has been said before that Carlos brightens up the forums and I agree, I think it would be a duller place without him.

With our maturity and advanced years I'm sure there's a way we could put that without it getting personal or having a real dig. Like z4 who has actually suggested something constructive and something I agree with.
Appreciate 0