E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > 2017 Porsche Cayman and Boxster New Engine and Name

01-18-2016, 06:16 AM   #23
bvanlieu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine 335d

The beauty of the car is the chassis: the power output really is a pissing contest and this was only a matter of time due to CAFE etc...and nothing stopping them from dropping in the 3.0T in the future for a GTS/4 etc. model. 944's were fantastic cars in their own right despite the meh engine...now we get a non-meh 4 pot that is horizontally opposed

We have a 987.1 base engine and while I won't poop on the output of the new 4's, from a purist perspective I'll be looking for a used 981 in the future as the last of the NA flat 6's to replace it with when the time comes. I like our little 2.7 quick engine, don't need a 2.5T fast one for the street as the car is no more fun to me.

- b
Appreciate 0