E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > codes "not showing up" for the dealer?

10-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #1
///Mangler
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 Darth Vader Trackcar

Garage List
2000 E39 M5  [9.00]
codes "not showing up" for the dealer?

So I have major rattle at all times cold or hot, huge lag, no power and burning oil. <1000mi left on warranty. About a month ago I got a service engine soon light, then it went away. I never took it in. Then last week I get the half engine light pull over turn off turn on and it goes away. This happened a couple times and I took the car to the dealer for service. The dealer tells me there are no recorded codes in there? They open a PUMA and the next level goes in and cannot find anything.

I have no tune. I have not scanned or cleared codes. The PUMA case decision is to replace some "hoses around the turbos". They have done this and no different but no codes. are they just trying to get me passed the warranty mileage so they can say sorry?

T
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #2
Johnny Boost
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '21 M850i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mangler View Post
So I have major rattle at all times cold or hot, huge lag, no power and burning oil. <1000mi left on warranty. About a month ago I got a service engine soon light, then it went away. I never took it in. Then last week I get the half engine light pull over turn off turn on and it goes away. This happened a couple times and I took the car to the dealer for service. The dealer tells me there are no recorded codes in there? They open a PUMA and the next level goes in and cannot find anything.

I have no tune. I have not scanned or cleared codes. The PUMA case decision is to replace some "hoses around the turbos". They have done this and no different but no codes. are they just trying to get me passed the warranty mileage so they can say sorry?

T
You could try going to another dealership if there is another one in your area.
Appreciate 0