E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > BEWARE ! User Moarlow scam artist!!!! New name stance321

04-05-2014, 10:59 AM   #45
prepster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

damn i hate shady people like that, i hope you do take him to court and have him pay back more than what he paid for the wheels for all the extra stress he's caused you.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 12:06 PM   #46
xzibit a
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by moarlow View Post
I asked seller multiple times before purchase if the lips were polished. Seller confirmed that. I also asked if I could clean the lips with metal polish, seller also confirmed. I continued to use metal polish to clean the lips. One day, I called wheels on site to repair a curb rash mentioned prior to sale on one of the wheels. It was then I found out that the repairman couldn't fix the curb rash because the lips are all chrome. He stated it is a very expensive process to de chrome and re chrome the lips. My ads stated the lips are chrome. Had I known, I would not have purchased the wheels at all.
So you bought a product you didnt know anything about? regardless of what the seller says, as a buyer your obligated to research the product and educate your self. Thats like buyig a TV because the salesman said it was an LED TV. and then 6 months later returning it because its a LCD TV. And you can clearly tell those lips are chrome and not polished, even from your crappy pictures. It seems to me you are having a hard time selling something you dont like and decided to fuck the seller over by getting a refund and still selling his wheels. Would work out great for you when you have 4k in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
So you purchased the wheels. Drove on them for 6 months. Polished them. Damaged them. Then claimed they were damaged when you got them to your CC company and got your money back.
Exactly, he basically lied to the CC company. CC company must be retarded to believe his story

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin3 View Post
we will have to come to a conclusion on this or other matters may occur such as court i am waiting for the letter in the mail from the district court in MD as we speak
Dont wait. time is your enemy, call the local PD(his) and file a stolen property report, give them all the info and dates.

Also, DO NOT take possession of the wheels. They are not in the condition you sold them to him. They are no longer worth what you sold them to him for. And that will only increase your problems as you would have to then sell them AGAIN. ONLY accept the money that was paid to you and then refunded. That is rightfully yours, If you have to go to court, make sure to sue him for added travel costs and court charges, and any other expenses that this ordeal has caused you.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 12:48 PM   #47
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin3 View Post
He has drove on the wheels for 6 months I'm 100% sure if there is damage he's the one who caused them. As everyone can see in the pictures the wheels look mint
Yup and this winter was brutal so I'm sure he fucked them up a bit. Now that he's done with them he wants to give them back at your expense. This dude is a fucking clown. I'm sure he told his credit card company that the wheels where damaged in order to get a refund. Too bad that his stupid ass drove on them for 6 months before doing the charge back, so in this case he has committed fraud. I would call the cops if I was you because he pretty much stole the rims. I still don't know what morons at his credit card company decided to give him a refund 6 months after the sell but the pics clearly show he used the rims, which pretty much destroy and claims he made.

Last edited by Delta0311; 04-05-2014 at 12:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 04:12 PM   #48
Eugeinus
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' Audi A6

Regardless, I think moarlow has permanently damaged his rep in this area. Good luck buying,selling, or even meeting members in this area after this incident.
      04-05-2014, 04:46 PM   #49
tova86
RACE CAR!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i AW sedan

six months is a looooooooooonnnnnggg damn time.... wat a douche.

msport w/ splitters, miro 111 19x9.5 all around , sonic tuning csl trunk, gloss black roof, st coilover, custom black/white umnitza V2 headlights
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 06:51 PM   #50
citg0
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 3DIRTY5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tova86 View Post
six months is a looooooooooonnnnnggg damn time.... wat a douche.
Especially, assuming this was recently, that's 6 months of winter wear. Yeah, f this guy.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 06:56 PM   #51
The1ontop
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E92

Dude should just sell his car because he is gonna get a lot of hate from people around here
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #52
citg0
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 3DIRTY5

Sadly not a member of BimmerAlliance, so I can't call him out on FB.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 07:09 PM   #53
akam1
Rep
Drives: e90 328I

i think according to UCC for the sale of goods, buyer has 7 days to contest to any written memorendum being that goods were not received or goods received were not as stated. courts would side with OP. so legally and morally/ethically OP should win. thats like me buying a watch, wearing it for half a year of wear and tear, and taking it back saying its not how it was described when i purchased it.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 07:34 PM   #54
silver07335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i titanium silver metallic

Let Judge Judy settle this!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 08:57 PM   #55
tova86
RACE CAR!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i AW sedan

Yws!!! I would watch it lol..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 11:36 PM   #56
Efini
Silent Service
Rep
Drives: BMW

Do not request the wheels back. Take him to small claims court. OP, if I was in your position I would have taken him out already. Also believe its fraud on his part. Moarlow is an idiot! I had to take action before in a previous case and I ended up on judge joe brown and swift justice with nancy grace eating my opponent alive on live television. Please do yourself a favor and take this fool to court.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2014, 09:51 AM   #57
PSUSMU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S

I have met moarlow (I rolled his fenders for these wheels), and I confirmed a bend on one wheel lip. Whether it was there pre- or post-sale, I cannot confirm.

Edit: I believe it was there when he got them, otherwise he wouldn't have asked me to confirm. It was very minor.

Last edited by PSUSMU; 04-07-2014 at 02:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2014, 12:02 PM   #58
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSMU View Post
I have met moarlow (I rolled his fenders for these wheels), and I confirmed a small bend on one wheel lip. Whether it was there pre- or post-sale, I cannot confirm.
He had them one for six months and according to the OP the tires Marlow has on his car where mounted by Marlow so damaged could have occurred when he was getting them mounted. If there was initial damage that should have been addressed the day he got the rims not six months later after he drove around on them.

It seems Marlow got a good set of rims and damaged them, while driving around during the winter months. He then tried to get the fix but found out that it would cost more than he figured. So he went ahead and filled a fraudulent claim with his CC to get a full refund. I'm sure he didn't mention the part where he had them on his car for 6 WINTER months to his CC. And now he is kind enough to ship the damaged rims back to the OP at his expense. I do hope the OP takes him to court.

And let's not forget that marlow stated in one of the posts on this thread that he was going to get a curb rash fixed, he didn't mention anything about a small bend. So it look like he got a bend hitting a pot hole and at a later point he curbed one of the rims.

Man this story just gets better and better.

Last edited by Delta0311; 04-07-2014 at 12:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2014, 12:03 PM   #59
bigdog34uz
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSMU View Post
I have met moarlow (I rolled his fenders for these wheels), and I confirmed a small bend on one wheel lip. Whether it was there pre- or post-sale, I cannot confirm.
Step away Rob. This can get ugly! lol

13.00 @ 108.89 JB4 Times
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2014, 12:07 PM   #60
i M HOONIGAN
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugeinus View Post
Regardless, I think moarlow has permanently damaged his rep in this area. Good luck buying,selling, or even meeting members in this area after this incident.
+1... Face looks pretty good for a sock'em bop'em standup punching bag. I would camp outside his house. what a class act...

twin3, i hope you get what's rightfully yours...

moarlow- karma's a bitch.
E70 X5M (current)
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2014, 01:18 PM   #61
litxus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335i sedan

This is one of those things where it was a gray line in the beginning of transaction, but clearly a fraud from the buyer later on. I mean, if these wheels did not match what you paid for, DO NOT MOUNT ON THE CAR!!! So he did mount anyways and still got the money back.

What type of payment service did you use to accept the payment? I'm guessing Paypal, which is POS, as they will not let to deal with credit card company directly, but even with Paypal 6 months later it is too late to file a claim. The best guess is that he filed via CC company which charged it back and then got it from your paypal account. I would always advise not to have a primary bank account or anything other than an account with 0 balance linked to paypal, they cannot charge if it is 0! Always withdraw your funds from there too, as in this case Paypal will not care for your case much as they got the money. If it didn't happen too long ago (withdrawal from your bank account), call your bank and say this charge was unauthorized, which will in turn make Paypal a lot more interested to get the money.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2014, 01:33 PM   #62
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by litxus View Post
This is one of those things where it was a gray line in the beginning of transaction, but clearly a fraud from the buyer later on. I mean, if these wheels did not match what you paid for, DO NOT MOUNT ON THE CAR!!! So he did mount anyways and still got the money back.

What type of payment service did you use to accept the payment? I'm guessing Paypal, which is POS, as they will not let to deal with credit card company directly, but even with Paypal 6 months later it is too late to file a claim. The best guess is that he filed via CC company which charged it back and then got it from your paypal account. I would always advise not to have a primary bank account or anything other than an account with 0 balance linked to paypal, they cannot charge if it is 0! Always withdraw your funds from there too, as in this case Paypal will not care for your case much as they got the money. If it didn't happen too long ago (withdrawal from your bank account), call your bank and say this charge was unauthorized, which will in turn make Paypal a lot more interested to get the money.
Yup!! Anytime I buy something the first thing I (and pretty much everyone else ) do is inspect it to make sure it is not damaged. From my understanding the bend was small and he didn't see it till after he had the tires put on and wheels mounted. This means that the damaged could have occurred when the seller had the tires taken off and because it was so small he might have missed it. Unfortunately for Marlow this does not matter since it was his responsibility to fully inspect the rims upon delivery.. Instated the dude used the rims for 6 months and did a charge back for a full refund. No matter when the damaged occurred the fact that he drove around on them for that long means he took full ownership of the rims and any defects associated with them.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2014, 01:48 PM   #63
twin3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92

Rims were not damaged at all , pictures don't lie . I want to take him to court but I have to donae investigation work . When I shipped them out he had me ship to his local shop so by that being said the address I stated I believe is his shop may not be totally accurate. In order to take him to court I need his address of residence but I'm almost pretty sure the address I stated is where he lives. Just spoke with paypal today and they told me the buyer (moarlow) will ship back if I pay the 120 for shipping
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2014, 01:49 PM   #64
twin3
Lieutenant
Rep

Moarlow

I will find this guy !
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2014, 01:49 PM   #65
ricardocareaga27
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw 335 m sport lci e90

i saw these wheels for sale on ebay last month i think , same pics the op posted , good luck bro ,
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2014, 01:52 PM   #66
twin3
Lieutenant
Rep

Info

Believe this is the exact place , I will find you even though you didn't provide me with your address and some bs shop , I will find you best believe it
Attached Images

Appreciate 0