E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Help! Go with ordered car, or order new one??

05-28-2007, 08:54 AM   #1
optimistic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92

Help! Go with ordered car, or order new one??

Need some advice:

I have 6MT 328xi coupe that's arriving at the dealer in roughly 14 days. We'll call this Car A. I feel like I could have negotiated a better deal on Car A, but I'm not upset by my deal at all. It's space gray and dealer is installing ipod (at too high a cost IMO).

Another dealer wants my business but there's no inventory anywhere nearby that meets my needs. They're offering to order a car (let's call it Car B) to my exact specs and to beat the price on Car A. The dealer has offered me a loaner while I wait for Car B to be produced/shipped. The second dealer wants to see my paperwork on Car A, and if I show it to them, I'm not convinced they'll beat Car A's price by much. The only thing I might change between Car A and Car B would be exterior color (might prefer Titanium Silver Metallic). Also the second dealer says I could get Car B in 6-8 weeks, which seems WAY too short to me.

Would love to hear all your advice asap!! Would want to go talk to the second dealer today . . . . .

Thanks!!

Before: Space Gray/Black E92 328xi | 6MT | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | iDrive | iPod | Sirius

Last edited by optimistic; 05-28-2007 at 08:57 AM.. Reason: Edit: Second dealer wants to see Car *A*'s paperwork.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2007, 10:39 AM   #2
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

Tough call but 6-8 weeks for car B is BS.

If you ordered car A, and if you have a deposit you will loose it. Worth it? Difference between TiAg and Space Gray is not that much 6-8 weeks for B sounds like total BS. Is dealer 2 going to beat the price by more than the deposit you will loose? Is it worth waiting for the new car to save just a little $$$? Colors are both very nice. Love both, have both. Went with SG for a change this time.
      05-28-2007, 12:37 PM   #3
milehigh5000
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BS 328i coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vase330 View Post
If you ordered car A, and if you have a deposit you will loose it. Worth it? Difference between TiAg and Space Gray is not that much 6-8 weeks for B sounds like total BS. Is dealer 2 going to beat the price by more than the deposit you will loose? Is it worth waiting for the new car to save just a little $$$? Colors are both very nice. Love both, have both. Went with SG for a change this time.
6-8 weeks is a normal wait time on the east coast