E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Audi A5

05-06-2014, 09:12 AM   #23
essex_lad
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 Msport N53 Stage 2

I just bought an s5. Amazing car and only cost 14k. Quattro is brilliant for getting off the line quick and the interior is like a work of art compared to the bmw. But I must admit when driving the bmw it feels like more of a man's car.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 03:32 AM   #24
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

The E Coupe is not much bigger than the 3 Series really, built on the C Class platform.

I found the Merc easiest to use regarding switchgear.
I think that pic above with the black, silver and beige all going on doesn't help, this was my estate...

They drive more like a BMW than Audi, which is more like a Volvo.

problem with Audi is unless you get a Quattro they are not nice to drive, and when you get to Quattro they are expensive.
Plus when you look at what is standard in the E Class you need to add £4000 worth of options to the Audi.

I'm not saying I would take one over the F10, but, I would definitely have one over a FWD A5.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 06:50 AM   #25
Havana
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 N52 - Individual

Having had an S5 previously, I'd agree with what has been said before about the looks. Inside and out the Audi does have a better design/feel in my opinion, although I found some of the buttons/switches had a cheap feel. The engine note was always going to put a smile on your face, but even with the big V8, if a remapped 335 or similar turned up you'd more than likely have a problem losing them. I also found that the castor effect was quite low, so if taking a hard left or right the wheel would not return to centre without a lot of assistance, unlike most other cars. Probably a lot to do with the Quattro system but I didn't notice it on other 4wd vehicles in the past.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 10:58 AM   #26
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhasedNeutron View Post
Having had an S5 previously, I'd agree with what has been said before about the looks. Inside and out the Audi does have a better design/feel in my opinion, although I found some of the buttons/switches had a cheap feel. The engine note was always going to put a smile on your face, but even with the big V8, if a remapped 335 or similar turned up you'd more than likely have a problem losing them. I also found that the castor effect was quite low, so if taking a hard left or right the wheel would not return to centre without a lot of assistance, unlike most other cars. Probably a lot to do with the Quattro system but I didn't notice it on other 4wd vehicles in the past.
A 335i standard will match a V8 S5.

There is quite a few videos on YouTube, including Fifth Gear, where the 335i outpaced the S5 around the track.

Mapped 335i are on RS5 pace.
Appreciate 0