E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Need Tuning Suggestions - Lightly modded 2011 335i N55

10-16-2022, 11:17 PM   #1
j4e90
2 E90s 2 Many
Rep
Drives: 2011 328XI, 2011 335I

Garage List
2011 328XI  [0.00]
Need Tuning Suggestions - Lightly modded 2011 335i N55

Hello all!

Recently became the new owner of a 2011 335i A/T N55 E90. Currently sitting with 94k mi, it has the performance package from factory: +20hp stock tune, m sport suspension, 19in M wheels. Previous owner was an older gentleman - kept it stock and did most general maintenance himself.

Got it for cheap because he currently has it down to the exhaust cam for some more work. Before I rebuild it from the valve cover up, figured it was a good time to replace and upgrade. In addition to cleaning, replacing gaskets, common wear parts, etc, I plan to do some light upgrades in hopes of maintaining reliability while gaining some performance.

Upgrades / mod list:
Spark plugs (1 step colder)
Intercooler (mishimoto or vsfr or csf)
Charge pipes upper and lower (vsfr)
High flow catted down pipe (vsfr)
MILVS
Oil catch can
Possibly a "cold" intake, though I've seen differing results

I intend to keep this car as a daily driver using 93, so NOT interested in any heavy modding for big power - full exhaust, turbo upgrade, methanol, etc. My hope is to retain some reliability while seeing some power gains. With these upgrades, I figured a tune would seal the deal.

Researched them all, but was hoping to get opinions on my application. Probably most interested in a custom tune, and have been looking at Wedge and Stage FP. Willing to go with a more consumer approach with a MHD, JB4, or Cobb AP, but have no experience with any. I've coded modules through NCS and am familiar with INPA/ISTA so don't mind trying to flash from home.

Any and all recommendations / advice are most welcomed and greatly appreciated!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0