E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Where are the good workshops at in Aus?

07-22-2015, 08:03 PM   #45
tawfeeqh
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW e90 335i

I had a similar experience at Southern BM. Very rude and arrogant, got quoted over $2k for water pump replacement. Made me feel like I didn't know what I was talking about, when I was asking general questions about the cars maintenance. Didn't end up taking car there, and have become a regular customer at Active Motorwerke and couldn't be happier with the quality of work and customer service
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 03:42 AM   #46
Archangel335
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i

I concur with the arrogance of Southern BM. Guess I wasn't the only one although it happened many years back. "We do not deal with eBay parts"..."won't even bother"...will always ring in my ears just because I wanted to buy AR DP, Burger intakes and Helix IC etc.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 06:44 PM   #47
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

bump if anyone has other recommendations let us hear them!

apparently BM Connections in SA don't offer installs on the Burger/JB4 stuff anymore
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 04:48 AM   #48
EB89
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i e92 DCT

Garage List
Hey Stuart, perhaps you should make this a recommended and not reccomended list, tell people where not to go.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2016, 05:21 PM   #49
e36mmm
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport

Bm Autowerks should be added to the list of places not to go. They like to charge their customers extra for a piece they actually manage to break, give the car back with full grease marks everywhere and don't let you see what they are doing as they don't want you watching them kill time in the workshop so they make you kindly leave the premises until your car is " fully serviced " lol what a world we live in
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2016, 05:23 PM   #50
e36mmm
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport

Worx I am planning on trying soon as i need some suspension work. Agree with jin and steven at active motorwerke, as they have been really helpful whenever i attend the premises unplanned.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2016, 11:53 PM   #51
Zoo Tv
Washed Weekly
United_States
Rep
Drives: MTA Subway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter@Advan View Post
I am always happy to help, i think i have saved you several thousand $ over time with your ABS etc how short your memory can be when it suits.
Why is it that people think that because you own a BMW they are the best car on the planet.
Well truth be told guys they are not, they fail like anything else the electronics can be a nightmare.
So when something goes wrong who do you blame the MECHANIC, there is no misscommunication here its just one party wont listen.
When i know its not us i will say so, if it was us i am always happy to sort it out.
My customers that know me well, know i am a fair Business person and will go out of my way to help, sometimes a long way.
In your case you are a very rude person who wont listen or even try to understand what actuality goes on with your car.
If you cant find another shop that can help, you are always welcome back
Good luck
regards Peter

Hahahahahaha - classic Pete! Well said!! Must be 10 customers on this thread alone raving about your work and service, and one absolute douche bag. Fairly well says it all - frankly your response was as professional as always. However, sometimes it makes more sense to let a customer go.......
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2016, 07:55 PM   #52
evobda2
Private
Rep
Drives: F31 M Sport

Can I add:

Prestige Tyre & Auto in Marrickville/Sydney
Unit B/44-50 Buckley Street, Marrickville NSW 2204
Ph. 02 8999 4866
www.prestigetyreandauto.com.au

Excellent honest service everytime and knows european cars back the front.
They have full digital wheel alignment tools as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 06:43 PM   #53
Pyro335
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 - MG

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonpark View Post
add Worx to the Victorian section? been taking my car there ever since

353 Albert Street, Brunswick
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

(03) 9387 4440

https://www.facebook.com/WorxAutomotive/
Need to get mine serviced, Has any one else been to Worx?

It's probably my best option for a service
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 07:20 PM   #54
NewHotness
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart@BMRAutowerkes View Post
bump if anyone has other recommendations let us hear them!

apparently BM Connections in SA don't offer installs on the Burger/JB4 stuff anymore

I installed the Burger/JB4 stuff myself and it want something BM Connections offered at all. They are definitely not setup as a tuning shop and they stay away from the JB/Cobb/MHD. But for regular services and fitting aftermarket items I have used them for fitting upgraded turbo's, brakes, suspension etc.

I will let them throw their own hat in the ring but don't believe this is core business for them but I have had no complaints.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 08:10 PM   #55
Joe_L
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro330d View Post
Need to get mine serviced, Has any one else been to Worx?

It's probably my best option for a service
I went to Worx for the first time at the end of last year for a brake fluid service (was a regular at Active in Burwood and never thought i'd take my car anywhere else, but having moved to North Melbourne Worx were alot closer). I was VERY impressed and the owner is an absolute top bloke. Prices are also very reasonable. Im now in discussions with them over getting my Waterpump and Thermostat changed.

So i highly recommend them
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 07:46 PM   #56
andrew@southernBM
Rep
Drives: M2 G87, M4 G82

I guess I am arrogant. i don't intend to belittle people or offend anyone, i guess that is just me when i am busy and how i deal with it. For this i apologise. When i look at stuff like this on the internet i wonder where i go wrong. Everyday i feel i offer the best i can for everyone but i guess i need coaching in dealing with all matter of people and expectations.

To address some of the criticism above, I like to take things back to basics when explaining service items as we offer items in our servicing that BMW or our competitors do not. Customers have come to us asking to do sunroof servicing, Auto trans servicing, P/S oil changes and many other things so i like to take it back to the most basic, Sorry if i came across that you don't know anything about maintenance, it isn't my intention. I'm glad you are informed and have now found a place that suits your servicing and maintenance requirements.

Regarding the other Ebay quote- i think it is fair that i decide in my business what products i sell or install. I don't use Helix or Burger so if i don't want to install those products i think that is reasonable. I don't see why i have to agree to install every part known to man. Don't be offended that i say No, i am being up front. I probably come off as arrogant when i say i don't want to install other branded parts but it is my choice what products i want to install. If i install products and they don't perform as per your expectation then is it up to me to rectify this as well? If i went into KFC with some chicken and say cook it up for me, what do you think they would say? Or would you be offended if they said no?

Regarding hourly rate, that is false. We aren't or have never been $180. Last time i checked Mornington BMW were $220 p/h and Brighton BMW was $245. Melbourne BMW i'm unsure about but think it is up in the 300+p/h like i have been told BMW Sydney is, but i can't confirm that. So i guess we had a miscommunication on this one on more than one occasion?
Maybe a bit of keyboard/forum legends status coming to the table here. Why would anyone in my business higher rate than we are???? especially me???

Ahh, downpipes, that old chestnut...... I usually get a bit pedantic over downpipe install as all the manufacturers have issues at varying times. AR pipes generally were good but as Stuart at BMR found, they vary, and he had to get his own ones done. When AR changed hands or what ever happened the delays in them providing product went out to months and the quality changed. I just try and let people know that just because someone in forum land says they will work, that is not always the case. Sometimes the hit on the engine mount, sometimes close to the engine block in the back corner, sometimes they just vibrate with the bigger sized pipes. If i ask a lot of questions, or i speak too much, don't be offended, i'm just trying to understand and give you the information as i see it. I'm glad you now have a company that suits your requirements as well.

Not sure what the story is with the water pump. Maybe i quoted an additional thermostat and something else. That price seems wrong, maybe i flat out made an error, but i have lost your confidence by now. I'm glad you too have found a company that suits your needs and expectations.

Next up, throttle booster. Well i happen to think for everyday driving for the average consumer that they make a useful difference to driving in stop start, day to day traffic. I don't see that as being elitist if i offer my opinion. That's what i am here for, to offer my opinion. It would seem i have under estimated your requirements and you were looking for more performance and 'mods' than i understood you were after. I'm sure Active are happy that you have spent 1k per month with them and that you are extremely happy with them.

Re-LCI tail lights, we have been $1200 installed & coded for these for years. They went up a while ago but not by much, The only exception were E93 that cost more. Maybe i had quoted DRL's as well or something else?? Maybe a typo? No excuses though, my bad. My again, i shouldn't be made to feel bad if i don't wish to code a car that someone has supplied parts for. It is just something that i don't offer. I don't offer tuning for old BMW's either anymore. I threw out all the old tooling and chip sets. I have moved on, it's just a business decision that i take. I use a photographer to do some work for me. I can take photos but i don't take them and ask him to prepare them for me. The same with video, i get professionals to do some videos for me, even though i could just send them some gopro or iphone grabs.....I see it the same way. If someone supplies parts i don't feel i need to offer the programming or coding service on its own. Other companies would offer this and i am glad you have found a company that suits you. I don't go to peoples home to code cars either, it's my choice. It's not a service i wish to provide.

I just found this thread and just wanted to say that i really do try and do my best for everyone. I am not here to piss people off or make it hard for them to achieve there goals. I run a business and like every business out there we try our best at all times to provide a high level of service for every possible person that makes an enquiry. I have started to address my short falls and now have sales staff to answer questions and pricing that do a better job of it than i do. I sincerely apologise to those who have posted they had a bad experience with me it is counter to everything i stand for within my business. My hope is that this post is taken for how i have meant it and for it not to flame it more.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 03:45 AM   #57
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew@southernBM View Post
I guess I am arrogant. i don't intend to belittle people or offend anyone, My hope is that this post is taken for how i have meant it and for it not to flame it more.
for posting and telling your side of the story Andrew, the E90 community is pretty closely knit, especially here in Melb and it would be great to rebuild your rep within it and have another quality workshop to support us.. I need some work done so ill swing by and happily report back on the experience
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 03:56 AM   #58
OzJustin
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i AT Monaco Blue

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.66]
One for Qld:
Accelerate Automotive at Coopers Plains. They've done water pump, fluid changes, adaptation resets, paddle shifter rewiring etc on my car. Very friendly service, fair pricing and they actually listen to you and your requests. Recommended.
      05-23-2016, 01:38 AM   #59
nsfx84
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Wanted to go to SouthernBM because my car was showing the dreaded Red Cog of Death. Emailed them full details of everything twice as I was overseas but never got any replies from them at all to book an appointment in to have a look. Why have a contact page when you don't reply to emails?

Some of the postings here look like it's being posted by the owners/friends of respective workshops. Hard to choose..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 02:22 AM   #60
andrew@southernBM
Rep
Drives: M2 G87, M4 G82

Hi There, Seems we didn't receive your emails, very strange though as we reply to everything, feel free to contact us on the phone if you still need someone to look at your issue.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 05:34 AM   #61
ash335
Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsfx84 View Post
Wanted to go to SouthernBM because my car was showing the dreaded Red Cog of Death. Emailed them full details of everything twice as I was overseas but never got any replies from them at all to book an appointment in to have a look. Why have a contact page when you don't reply to emails?

Some of the postings here look like it's being posted by the owners/friends of respective workshops. Hard to choose..
I had the same thing happen earlier this year, just prior to purchase of my 335. Emailed SouthernBM and BMAutowerks as I wanted to talk about tuning options... had good reviews... No response.
Luckily... e90post, vtl and MHD was there
2008 e92 335i Platinum Bronze - K&N Filter - MHD Stage 1 ECU - xHP Stage 3 TCU - TS Dual Port Kompact BOV - RB PCV - Nolathane RSFB - M3 Control Arms - Dinan Camber Plate - Bilstein B14 Coilovers - Bridgestone S007A - ATE SuperBlue - Nitro Aikido - Pending - OFHG/OCG - Trans/Diff Service
2006 e53 X5 3.0i Sterling Grey - Stock
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 05:48 AM   #62
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash335 View Post
I had the same thing happen earlier this year, just prior to purchase of my 335. Emailed SouthernBM and BMAutowerks as I wanted to talk about tuning options... had good reviews... No response.
Luckily... e90post, vtl and MHD was there
Yep these forums are a godsend, can't imagine what it was like before the digital age. Has also made DIY so much more possible, apart from wheel alignments, tyres and roadworthy inspections, my cars haven't seen a mechanic since 2009 or so. Cost savings, not having to take time off work to drop off the car and knowing all the work has been done correctly make it a no brainer for me.
      05-23-2016, 06:48 AM   #63
EB89
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Mechanics in my experience generally aren't good at replying to emails... Best to call and follow up.
      05-23-2016, 06:50 AM   #64
Trev88
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320d e90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB89 View Post
Mechanics in my experience generally aren't good at replying to emails... Best to call and follow up.
SouthernBM replied my email the next day. Guess it could be they didn't get the email. Try sending a PM on the forum?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 06:59 AM   #65
EB89
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev88 View Post
SouthernBM replied my email the next day. Guess it could be they didn't get the email. Try sending a PM on the forum?
Past experience, don't need it now and I'm not talking about sourtherBM

Old car current car, people just don't reply
      05-23-2016, 07:02 AM   #66
Trev88
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320d e90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB89 View Post
Past experience, don't need it now and I'm not talking about sourtherBM

Old car current car, people just don't reply
Haha sorry not directed at you! Haha my bad! Meant he can pm southernBM to get a response sorry eb! Haha they respond quick just their options are kinda pricy for me
Appreciate 0