E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > If you could pick mods again for your E90...

11-28-2006, 10:37 PM   #1
Bosplya
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

Question If you could pick mods again for your E90...

Hi fellas,
I'm the Bosplya. Just like my plates will say. I'm in Norcal. I'm about to get my first bimmer. I'm replacing an Audi A4 2.0t quattro and supercharged CTS-V for the bimmer. I hope I'm making the right choice. I want to get your advice and suggestions on modding the bimmer.

The car I ordered is a E90 Sedan 335i, 6spd, titanium silver, black leather, nav, sirius, sport pkg, and heated seats. I plan to go to the track 3 times a year, thunderhill, laguna, and possibly buttonwillow someday. I'll be going in the bimmer for a year or so. As soon as I can, I'll be getting a third car for just track purposes, a Z06. What I want to know is, what coilover, sways, and wheels you guys recommend.

I've been looking at all the pictures in the gallery and the BBS CH's are classic. I really like the staggered size of 19x8.5 and 19x9.5. I might opt for some CCW SP16A custom made from www.ccwheel.com.

As for the coilovers, looks like many of you like the KWV2's. I really want to get a coilover that is daily driving compliant and externally dampening adjustable. I have experience with Ground Control, Koni, Bilstein PSS, and H&R. The Koni's and Bilstein coilovers were my favorite. I see the only sways available are the H&R. Are there any other brands you guys recommend for all parts? I'm about to pull the trigger for the parts in the coming week. One more thing, what vendors should I contact for the parts?

Thanks in advance to all that reply.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2006, 12:26 AM   #2
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Eibach also makes sway bars. Don't forget to visit the E90 Aftermarket Suspension Guide (aftermarket options list) in the Suspension and Brakes discussion forum.
      11-29-2006, 09:13 AM   #3
lcrain
Captain
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, TT-RS

I would go with some e46 M3 offset wheels for a more aggressive offset. looks amazing on the e90
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2006, 09:28 AM   #4
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosplya
Hi fellas,
I'm the Bosplya. Just like my plates will say. I'm in Norcal. I'm about to get my first bimmer. I'm replacing an Audi A4 2.0t quattro and supercharged CTS-V for the bimmer. I hope I'm making the right choice. I want to get your advice and suggestions on modding the bimmer.

The car I ordered is a E90 Sedan 335i, 6spd, titanium silver, black leather, nav, sirius, sport pkg, and heated seats. I plan to go to the track 3 times a year, thunderhill, laguna, and possibly buttonwillow someday. I'll be going in the bimmer for a year or so. As soon as I can, I'll be getting a third car for just track purposes, a Z06. What I want to know is, what coilover, sways, and wheels you guys recommend.

I've been looking at all the pictures in the gallery and the BBS CH's are classic. I really like the staggered size of 19x8.5 and 19x9.5. I might opt for some CCW SP16A custom made from www.ccwheel.com.

As for the coilovers, looks like many of you like the KWV2's. I really want to get a coilover that is daily driving compliant and externally dampening adjustable. I have experience with Ground Control, Koni, Bilstein PSS, and H&R. The Koni's and Bilstein coilovers were my favorite. I see the only sways available are the H&R. Are there any other brands you guys recommend for all parts? I'm about to pull the trigger for the parts in the coming week. One more thing, what vendors should I contact for the parts?

Thanks in advance to all that reply.
first off, grats on your car

to answer some of your questions. yes, BBS CH's are an excellent choice, as they allow plenty of room for a big brake kit if you opt to go for that. and they also look very nice and classy. BBS is one of the most well respected brands among bmw enthusiasts.

secondly, i'm surprised you haven't mentioned an ecu tune and exhaust, since your car is a 335i. for a pretty decent $3,000, you can have 330whp and 357lb/ft torque on 93oct. that's compared to ~275whp and ~299lb/ft stock. believe it or not, this will make your car significantly faster (an estimated 0-60 in 4.3 seconds), and doesn't really compromise reliability as long as you respect the speed and pick your spots during daily driving. your warranty being voided will depend on your dealership. i'm sure as long as your car doesn't have significant problems, no one will really notice.

i'm also not sure who makes a lightweight flywheel for the 335i, or if it's available yet, but if you like ferrari/porsche like revving that is the mod to get.

now the suspension, i've been around the bmw scene since the e30, and bilstein has been around since then, probably longer. i've heard far more positive stories than negative stories about bilsteins and they also seem to be a very well respected brand in the bmw community. take a look at AC schnitzer or Hamann catelogs, as they have been professionally tuning BMW's for a long time as well.

browsing through the forums for a while should answer all your questions.

hope his helps
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2006, 09:39 AM   #5
E90T
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90

Mods? Why, you can get an OEM sports package, OEM sport wheels and even OEM tail replacments. Mods....

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2006, 09:40 AM   #6
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

if you want to head to the track www.hookedondriving.com puts on some good events at T-hill, Buttonwillow, Laguna.... (vast majority T-hill)

sways, springs/shocks, and maybe brakes would be a good place to start
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2006, 10:51 PM   #7
Bosplya
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz
first off, grats on your car

to answer some of your questions. yes, BBS CH's are an excellent choice, as they allow plenty of room for a big brake kit if you opt to go for that. and they also look very nice and classy. BBS is one of the most well respected brands among bmw enthusiasts.

secondly, i'm surprised you haven't mentioned an ecu tune and exhaust, since your car is a 335i. for a pretty decent $3,000, you can have 330whp and 357lb/ft torque on 93oct. that's compared to ~275whp and ~299lb/ft stock. believe it or not, this will make your car significantly faster (an estimated 0-60 in 4.3 seconds), and doesn't really compromise reliability as long as you respect the speed and pick your spots during daily driving. your warranty being voided will depend on your dealership. i'm sure as long as your car doesn't have significant problems, no one will really notice.

i'm also not sure who makes a lightweight flywheel for the 335i, or if it's available yet, but if you like ferrari/porsche like revving that is the mod to get.

now the suspension, i've been around the bmw scene since the e30, and bilstein has been around since then, probably longer. i've heard far more positive stories than negative stories about bilsteins and they also seem to be a very well respected brand in the bmw community. take a look at AC schnitzer or Hamann catelogs, as they have been professionally tuning BMW's for a long time as well.

browsing through the forums for a while should answer all your questions.

hope his helps
The reason I hadn't mentioned chip and exhaust is because I'm worried about my warranty. The other reason I'm worried to add those types of mods is because this is the first year BMW released the 335i TT. I'd like to wait and see how the motor responds the first year. By then, I can guage with the help of other owners, especially the Vishnu tuned, the reliability of this motor. One other thing, I'd like to see a flash uploader as opposed to adding a piggyback xede ecu or whatever that is.

Didn't know about the flywheel, good to know.

Ward, as a matter of fact, that's the group I've been attending track days with. I've been with a few different groups, and I really took a liking to HOD(Hooked on Driving). As soon as spring comes around, I'll be out there in the 335. By the way, did you get their recent email with the schedule for next year?

Things are going as planned. I have guys lined up for the Supercharger on the CTS-V, CCW wheels, coilovers, and swaybar. So it looks like I'll have some extra mod money available.

Hmm.....I'm feeling a UUC shifter and e-brake handle. Do any of you know who makes a nice short shifter? UUC's website says, "Coming Soon".
      11-30-2006, 11:00 PM   #8
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

nice, I'll see you out there next year then man,
I'll be in the sterling gray Z4 and driving in group B
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2006, 10:07 AM   #9
ALTWheelsE90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Im perfectly happy with the car as is. Most of the factory stuff will be replaced with aftermarket stuff, so not getting every option is not a big deal. However, the one complaint I do have is that the headliner and pillars are not wrapped with the same color material as the seats (whats up with that???).
`07 BMW 3 Series Sedan + 2 Turbos + H&R Race Springs + 19 inch staggered gold center/polish lip wheels = (Damn, I need more mods because I bought the car with no options and my car feels a lil naked!!!)
Appreciate 0