E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Installed Procede today :)

07-20-2007, 11:01 AM   #1
charlielu
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Installed Procede today :)

Installation

Was suppose to do it yesterday but friend had a bit of girl trouble so didn't happen. Did it this afternoon myself with my gf, was very lucky to have it installed with no problem at all.

Did do a lot of stupid mistakes though, like the first part where you have to use a small screw driver to release the tube that contains all the wires, I accidentally poked my screw driver in the tube instead of of the tabs, thank god it didn't puncture.

The grounding wire was also kinda tricky, cause we can't actually connect to the grounding next to the windshield wiper valve thing so I kinda just improvised and connected it to the spot opposite closest to our ECU unit, hope it doesn't stuff up in the future.

I also cut off 1/2 the plastic that covered the fuse wire from the procede cause I thought u had to actually plug the thing into the fuse itself. Luckily I stopped 1/2 way after I visited the forum and saw that you needed to put in the J shaped copper hook thing into the fuse wire THEN connecting it to the fuse.

Apart from those little silly mistakes, the install was pretty straight forward and took a total of 3 hours.

Results

You can definetely tell the difference straight after installing it. Coming from an Audi A6 3 Litre Quattro to a 335i was already pretty insane. After the procede it was just plain nuts.

I don't really know much about cars so I can't really get into the specifics of how much hp and torque I gained but probably the most significant change I feel in my 4 hours of testing after the installation was how fast the car went from 60-80.

The car definetely feels more powerful, especially after 3k rpm where the needle just goes straight to 5k and then 7k.

Anyways, its 2am right now, feeling dead tired after the install + 4 hours of testing driving from Sunnybank to Beaudesert.

Overall I'm very satisfied, if anyone is in Brisbane, the number plate is VIVA88, and it's alpine white. If you see me driving around, give me a yell.

Peace,
Charlie
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 Carrera S

That is good news Charlie. It's good to see we are getting quite a few PROcede owners in OZ now.

Your post reminds me of my install. It is quite fiddly but such a relief after it is finished and the engine runs without any errors.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2007, 08:34 PM   #3
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

That's a good write up that should help future people.

We have a few Brisbane people on this forum now so we should get a meeting happening sometime soon.

Enjoy your Procede !!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2007, 09:27 PM   #4
scheps
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TTMK2

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlielu View Post
...if anyone is in Brisbane, the number plate is VIVA88, and it's alpine white. If you see me driving around, give me a yell.
definately seen your car around. not sure about number plate. But i cant imagine too many whites atm..... i dont think i will have enough time to give you a yell.....
hehehe
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2007, 10:09 PM   #5
danielt
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 F87 M2 / 2013 M5 LCI comp

Garage List
yeah alpine white was my first choice but then i decided on sparkling graphite

looking foward to seeing how my non-proceeded car keeps up with your proceeded car ... might just have to order one after we meet up!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2007, 11:13 PM   #6
graham999au
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Coupe

Have you noticed any significant change to fuel economy with the Procede installed?
2011 E92 335i M Sport Coupe/DCT/Black Sapphire/Oyster/Bamboo Grain/Sunroof/OEM Performance Exhaust/Individual Audio/Heated Seats/TV/Folding Mirrors/6FL iPod/6NF Extended Connectivity/Internet/ACS Roof spoiler/ACS Aluminium Peddles
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2007, 11:55 PM   #7
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham999au View Post
Have you noticed any significant change to fuel economy with the Procede installed?
Driving any performance orientated turbo car means you are better off not looking at fuel economy IMHO.

From my experience it drank just as much driving hard before the proceed as it did after installing it. That said it does drink less than my last car (Liberty GT) so that's a good thing.

One thing you do notice, normally with the car in stock you tend to really mash the peddle longer to get up to speed, with the proceed your letting off the gas a lot sooner so I assume that would only help the fuel consumption.

Regards,

S
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2007, 04:13 AM   #8
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
any car that begs you to floor it will be thirsty...