E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > I have a bluetooth module of some kind but doesnt work.

02-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #1
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep
Drives: Audi

I have a bluetooth module of some kind but doesnt work.

So I bought this car about 2 years ago.. and I love the car its a 09 328i 6 spd ZSP with idrive... For a long time I thought I didn't have bmw assist because I don't have blue tooth, sat radio or telephone which I assume would only show up if I have bluetooth..I do have voice commands, haddrive with usb connection and able to play DVDs..

Well taking a second look at at the options I couldn't shake the fact that I do indeed have a menu option for BMW assist, however, when I click on it it just goes to blank page. So I looked on bmw website and it says 2009's have bmw assist that support the convience package/safety package and online search...

So my question is do I have bmw assist and what all will it unlock if I get it acitvated? Will the telephone button on my steering wheel do something?

Last edited by bender rodriguez; 02-04-2013 at 04:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 11:21 PM   #2
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep

And from my understanding you can add fetaures to your car by having new software flashed and FSC codes?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 12:14 AM   #3
JustinGTP
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '13 MINI Paceman JCW

You need to subscribe to BMW Assist to get a list of options in the BMW Assist menu in iDrive. Just call the BMW Assist number and ask them to see if your car has it.

I also think you're getting confused. BMW Assist has nothing to do with the telephone button on your steering wheel. There is an SOS button that flips down near the sunroof switch, that's what you press when you want to speak to a BMW Assist operator in an emergency. It sends your location to them also from your GPS. To use BMW Assist for Concierge, that is in your menu when BMW Assist is activated.

The steering wheel button is for Bluetooth Telephone.

And Mr. Ritz is confused also, he is talking about adding the ComBox for ConnectedDrive, but you need an FSC code for that and by adding ConnectedDrive, you lose BMW Assist. FSC Codes are also used to upgrade your map version on CIC equipped iDrive models. CCC iDrive uses DVD. Your car is CIC.
'09 LCI 335i E90 in BSM over Oyster Dakota Leather, Manual, Sport, Navigation, Individual Audiophile, Executive, Active Steering, JB4 + MHD BEF, 335is Exhaust w/AWE Tuning Tips, AFE DCI, Euro Tails/Fog Light Switch, various painted and other OEM + mods, 19" M5 reps summer
'13 MINI Cooper S Paceman JCW R61in Light White & Black Roof/Mirror Caps/Sport Stripes, Loaded + Rare
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 01:22 AM   #4
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep

Thanks justinGTP.. Well I checked my vin online I see I have Telematics access request,but dont see bmw assist listed as an option

rod.date 2008-10-21

Close Options
Code

Description (interface)

Description (EPC)
S1CAA SELEKTION COP RELEVANTER FAHRZEUGE Selection of COP-relevant vehicles
S249A MULITFUNKTION FUER LENKRAD Multifunction f steering wheel
S255A SPORT-LEDERLENKRAD Sports leather steering wheel
S2S1A LM RAEDER STERNSPEICHE 286/MB BMW LA wheel star spoke 286
S2VBA REIFENDRUCKANZEIGE Tyre pressure display
S403A GLASDACH, ELEKTRISCH Glass roof, electrical
S441A RAUCHERPAKET Smoker package
S481A SPORTSITZE FUER FAHRER/BEIFAHRER Sports seat
S4ABA EDELHOLZAUSFUEHRUNG NUSSBAUM WURZEL Fine wood trim burr walnut
S521A REGENSENSOR Rain sensor
S534A KLIMAAUTOMATIK Automatic air conditioning
S544A GESCHWINDIGKEITSREGEL. MIT BREMSF. Cruise control with brake function
S563A LICHTPAKET Light package
S570A STAERKERE STROMVERSORGUNG Reinforced power supply
S5GAA ALARMANLAGENVORBEREITUNG Preparation alarm system
Code

Description (interface)

Description (EPC)
S609A NAVIGATIONSSYSTEM PROFESSIONAL Navigation system Professional
S620A SPRACHEINGABESYSTEM Voice control
S653A HIGH DEFINITION RADIO High Definition Radio
S676A HIFI LAUTSPRECHERSYSTEM HiFi speaker system
S693A SATELLITENTUNER VORBEREITUNG Preparation BMW satellite radio
S697A AREA-CODE 1 Area-Code 1 for DVD
S6FLA USB-AUDIO-SCHNITTSTELLE USB/audio interface
S6UHA TRAFFIC INFORMATION Traffic Information
S704A M SPORTFAHRWERK M Sports suspension
S760A INDIVIDUAL HOCHGLANZ SHADOW LINE High gloss shadow line
S840A HOCHGESCHWINDIGKEITSABSTIMMUNG High speed synchronisation
S8SCA LAENDERSPEZ. TELESERVICEFREISCH. Telematics access request,country-spec.
S8SPA COP STEUERUNG Control unit COP
S925A VERSANDSCHUTZPAKET Dispatch protection pack

Close Standard equipment
Code

Description (interface)

Description (EPC)
S3APA GRAUKEIL-FRONTSCHEIBE Windscreen with grey wedge
S497A MITTELARMLEHNE IM FOND Centre armrest, rear
S520A NEBELSCHEINWERFER Fog lights
S645A RADIO-STEUERUNG US BMW US Radio
S823A HEISSLAND-AUSFUEHRUNG Hot-climate version
S845A AKUSTISCHE GURTWARNUNG Acoustic fasten seat belt reminder
S850A ZUSAETZL. TANKFUELLUNG EXPORT Additional Export tank filling
S853A SPRACHVERSION ENGLISCH Language version, English
S876A FUNKFREQUENZ 315 MHZ Radio frequency 315 MHz

Last edited by bender rodriguez; 02-04-2013 at 01:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 01:34 AM   #5
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep

Im going to call in the morning is it 200 + 200.. I care more about the conicerager than the safety functions..

Do you think bmw assist is worth the money?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 03:30 AM   #6
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

Do you have the SOS button on your overhead console or not? That is the 100% surefire way to tell if you have BMW Assist.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #7
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECaddict View Post
Do you have the SOS button on your overhead console or not? That is the 100% surefire way to tell if you have BMW Assist.
I don't have it but I had an indy shop look it at today.. he said the configuration is kind of wonky.. and my vin lists telematics that BMW assist uses..

"Telematics is the combination of information and communications technology to send and receive data via telecommunications devices. It is used chiefly in Internet, telephone and mobile communication services as well as in vehicle telematics. Vehicle telematics can assist the driver in a wide range of situations and deliver useful information directly to the vehicle. BMW Telematics improves mobility and increases traffic safety. "
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #8
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep

So I called bmw assist and they said I dont have assist but I have telematics which they said is used to send info to the dealer like when I need stuff replaced..

So from my understanding I have the gsm phone but no assist mod..????
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #9
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep

Ok so I took a look in the trunk under the matt.. I have a box with a bluetooth symbol on it.. However it says nothing about being bmw and that it was made in hong kong??!?!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 03:58 PM   #10
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep

So I have the BT module in the car not sure if it includes bmw assist or what.. But anyways my blue tooth doesnt work either!!!

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #11
BOBKUR
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ritz View Post
So I have the BT module in the car not sure if it includes bmw assist or what.. But anyways my blue tooth doesnt work either!!!

Have you read the OWNERS MANUAL'S
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #12
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBKUR View Post
Have you read the OWNERS MANUAL'S
YES!!!! I did when I got the car.. And the 3 indy techs dont see any blue tooth options on the idrive.. yet here we are I have a module
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 02:49 AM   #13
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

That's the MULF module and it is used for USB/iPod integration. You don't have the BMW Assist option so the Bluetooth function is not enabled.

You can retrofit Bluetooth by installing the antenna and mic and get the car coded. Search around the forum for more info.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #14
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECaddict View Post
That's the MULF module and it is used for USB/iPod integration. You don't have the BMW Assist option so the Bluetooth function is not enabled.

You can retrofit Bluetooth by installing the antenna and mic and get the car coded. Search around the forum for more info.
Just got back from bmw they told me they can't do it :C
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #15
MrQuickR1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

I am really surprised for an 09 with nav your car does not have these what should be standard on BMW, features.
Well, it's not the end of the world. It's nice to have BT but you will live. You love the car....on the next one make sure you know what you have before signing. I too have learned a few things for the next buy.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #16
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuickR1 View Post
I am really surprised for an 09 with nav your car does not have these what should be standard on BMW, features.
Well, it's not the end of the world. It's nice to have BT but you will live. You love the car....on the next one make sure you know what you have before signing. I too have learned a few things for the next buy.
Well, a dealership that will do it can upgrade the car for about 260.00.. Everything is there it just needs programing but I can't get any of the dealerships to say it even has BT.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #17
CruzS4e92
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i coupe

this surprises me as well, i have bmw assist/bt but no nav. sport package but no cold/premium. some really bizarre option combinations on these cars

'09 328i coupe 6MT Sport
SG/CR - BMW SSK/alcantara boot - 30% Llumar - Shadowline - BBS Style 197 - LUX H8 V3 LEDs - OEM Aero Lip
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #18
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzS4e92 View Post
this surprises me as well, i have bmw assist/bt but no nav. sport package but no cold/premium. some really bizarre option combinations on these cars
Mine is pretty decked out but yeah it is missing some weird stuff to.

ZSP Sports package, idrive Pro, Voice activation (worthless) harddrive, USB and iphone stuff (I dont use apple)

But then it lacks BMW assist and blue tooth....Which in turn leaves the idrive pro pretty gimped...And lacks cold package and prem..

But then it is wired for an alarm and sirrus but dont have that either lol.. Some of this stuff is pretty basic on japanese cars.
Appreciate 0