E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Dreaded brake squeal at low speeds

10-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #45
jomegared
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Me too...

I'm in the same boat, and out of warranty. Even though, the best solution to this is to try the CRC Break Silent between the break pad and the caliper. This makes the most sense to me.

It was explain in another thread that the squeal is coming from the pad rubbing against the caliper and resonating. When I apply the break, I get no squeal so this makes the most sense. I just don't see how the break pad wear sensor could create such a loud metallic squeal.

I'm still waiting to try the break silent on the back of the pads. (Trying to collect tools) I'll let you know how it goes.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #46
jomegared
United_States
Rep

Mr. 5, the OP of this thread, shows a DIY for this. Try this and let us know.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76418
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 12:11 PM   #47
gmiller
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeptheuroalive View Post
While I know this has been beaten to death, I still have not seen any fix that permanently fixes this from what I've read. The threads always end up with either the issue coming back after getting the pads, rotors and sensor replaced by the dealer or the thread just dies with no results. I've searched for probably 5 hours total reading up on it and after calling BMWNA I'm not exactly happy with how they are handling this. If I have to got to aftermarket stuff I have no issue with that, but I can't find anything that says this will fix the issue and spending a few hundred dollars on a hunch isn't a good idea to me.
i know exactly what you are talking about. only happens at like 20mph when im slightly turning right. for some reason it only happens on the left side. i just recently took it to the dealer and they told me new brake pads and sensors will fix the problem. so i did that and for about 2 days there was no noise when i slightly turned right on the left side. i was so happy....then it came back. i have not been back to the dealer since because they proly wont do anything except to look at it again and charge me money. i asked an european perf shop and they said a permanent fix would be aftermarket rotors and pads would do the trick. well i dont want to spend the money on that just to fix the squealing. this makes me want to get rid of the car. its embarassing.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 11:55 PM   #48
jomegared
United_States
Rep

I feel ya' gmiller. I just bought my first bmw and couldn't be happier. Aside from the most annoying sound that just so happens, well, every time I drive. :*( Anyway, I would still complain to the dealer that what they said would fix it didn't. Give 'em hell, tell them that you don't want the new parts if it doesn't fix it. At least try to get some free work out of it.

As for me, I just bought some CRC Disc Break Silence and am going to do what Mr. 5 did in the link I posted above. I'm just waiting to borrow some tools.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #49
EAS
Rep
Drives: VF620 M3

Bedding in your brakes should help you solve your brake squeal:

http://www.coolcarbonperformance.com/faq.html
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #50
tanginaglaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Add me to the list of brake squeal problems. Mine sounds like its coming from the rear brakes. I told my dealer about it and they couldn't resolve the issue. I did notice that it was quiet for a couple of days after I tracked my car. I think I'm going to try the CRC stuff.
Appreciate 0