E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Becoming your own boss

07-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #23
Surfatwork
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs View Post
Its a tough one, but my advice would be to plan, plan, plan. For pretty much every eventuality you can imagine. Consider the 'What is most likely' type scenarios. How much do you need to earn v how much do you want to earn. Start with the end in mind - i.e one day you will leave the potential business - so is that a sale, a buy out, etc....
I agree that planning is essential, but it is not a one-time activity to be done at the start. It is critical to keep reviewing the plans as you go along and keep adjusting.
and forgot to mention - have fun. if you aren't, what's the point?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #24
jimmylad
Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d sapphire black

Partnership - never again . .

In saying that my mrs is a partner in our business so all monies stay in the family. I am taking on my lad next week as an apprentice so that will be 3 of us.

I could never work for anyone again. The though of 40 hours a week sounds nice and i would feel part time presently but i love the getting work part & the money can be quite nice. Some days i earn nothing if i'm not working and some days it's £900 less the vat n tax but it averages out over the month. Hated being in a factory as i felt like a prisoner and just looked at the clock all day. Now i dont concern my self with the time as such. Get the job done and get paid and very often dont stop for dinner. Never take a day off sick unless the back goes and cant move but your attitude changes when it's for you. It has too.

I would say its never been easier especially with the internet which is where 75% of the money is made for me.

Can you not start up whilst in employment and go from there?

Good luck what ever you choose.

Jim
Appreciate 0