E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 335i Maintain Journey

05-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
123Britt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M235i AT

335i Maintain Journey

Been awhile since I last posted -- but I read the E90post on a regular basis.
Some thoughts on my E90 over the past year:

Tires - wow new RE970 Bridgestones are very quiet - getting 25k on a set
with yearly BMW alignment -- just too loud past 25k -- like them better than prior Mich A/S Plus.
Had rear pass drive shaft replaced -- surprised it went bad at 80k
Running and stumbling at 80k -- had BG service -- did help but I am educating myself on the walnut blasting by summers end.
In addition to BG service I did replace spark plugs and installed the BMS catch can. The OCC was easy to install -- the PVC disconnect was the hardest part. I only notched the cover instead of cutting off the entire back cover flange.
BMW Perform Struts (F&R V.1 for 133.00 Tischer) running for 25k still smooth and excellent for the cost -- the rears were easy --- I will never tackle the fronts again -- took me 2 days to clear the strut / spring from under wheel well.
Lighting -- Installed LUX V5.2 --- These are GREAT! One of my best mods -- easy to install and worth it in every way. With the LUX installed -- my DRL stood out as old and amber. Replaced with MTEC DT-440 -- this was a PIA -- Drivers side took 6hrs while PASS only took 30min. It all depends on how your clips holding the bulb are located. Looks better but my advice -- buy the best and longest lasting bulbs out there -- you do not want to do this twice. I also swapped out the turn signal bulbs with a clear bulb -- they help bring it together - Angle Eyes / MTEC / D1s Xenon / Clear Turns.
Walnut Blasting -- purchasing all the key tools -- thinking I can buy them and rent a compressor -- all for under $200.00 --- beats the 1k the dealer wants to do the job.
Oil Changes -- I continue with 5k mile changes -- M1 0w-40 Mann filter and have started using Seafoam in the tank as injector cleaning. Always running 93 octane but just started running top-tier gas. Even started running ethanol free gas -- WOW!! what a difference but at 4.15 gal it is not cheap.
Clutch with gutted restrictor valve -- shifts are so smooth -- Highly recommend this low cost & old mod. Dealer tech told me that my E90 shifts better than any he has driven.
TAKE CARE & Happy M-DAY!
Appreciate 0