E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Non-Automotive Classifieds > iPhone 4s and 5 (used/new)

Closed Thread

01-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #1
328B
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | E92 M3 | E90

iPhone 4s and 5 (used/new)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
iPhone 4s | White | 32g | Sprint | BAD ESN | was used for a month and is in new condition comes with box and all cables (phone has bad ESN numbers and is a SPRINT phone) once again it has bad ESN #'s.. Phone is in new condition. $320

iPhone 5 | 16g | AT&T | White | Brand Spanking New | Item is in new unwrapped condition $600

Sorry but prices are not negotiable. Phone will be full insured and either overnighted or two day

TRADES WELCOMED!

STRAIGHT TRADE
CASH + TRADE
TRADE + CASH FROM ME

wtb: intake for a 328i xdrive 2010 sulev n51
18" rims w/snow tires or without
e90 side skirts
OR???

Last edited by 328B; 01-06-2013 at 10:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
bmbarclay
Current M3 Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E90 M3

$320 for a bad ESN phone?

Last edited by bmbarclay; 01-06-2013 at 01:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #3
328B
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarclay410 View Post
$320 for a bad ESN phone? lol.
Yes, phone is like new condition. Just unlock phone and your good. Bad or good phone is selling for $400 on ebay.
      01-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #4
bmbarclay
Current M3 Addict
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Boston View Post
Yes, phone is like new condition. Just unlock phone and your good. Bad or good phone is selling for $400 on ebay.
but you're screwed if something goes wrong with it. Bad ESN means its been reported stolen and if you take it to a cell provider they are told to confiscate the phone. Apple stores wont touch it either. GLWS

PS: good guy for being honest and saying that it has a bad ESN though
      01-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
328B
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
but you're screwed if something goes wrong with it. Bad ESN means its been reported stolen and if you take it to a cell provider they are told to confiscate the phone. Apple stores wont touch it either. GLWS

PS: good guy for being honest and saying that it has a bad ESN though

Bas ESN does not mean it is stolen. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???!!! Please educate yourself before you bash anyone's thread, you are hurting me as a seller for no reason.

PS. Your screwed once you unlock a phone, apple wont touch that either.
      01-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #6
tigermack
OPN DIFF
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 10' E90 M3 6MT LB

Garage List
2010 M3  [0.00]
1995 BMW e36 325i  [7.91]
2006 BMW e90 330i  [8.34]
I think as long as you don't use Sprint with the bad esn, you will be fine.

Autocross vids https://www.youtube.com/user/tigermack
https://www.instagram.com/tigermack
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #7
bmbarclay
Current M3 Addict
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Bas ESN does not mean it is stolen. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???!!! Please educate yourself before you bash anyone's thread, you are hurting me as a seller for no reason.

PS. Your screwed once you unlock a phone, apple wont touch that either.
I am an Apple Genius. I am educated, most likely more than you are. Bad ESN means that is was reported lost or stolen. You can look it up anywhere. Im not bashing your thread, i just know the market for apple products well since i work on them all day long. I'm not bashing you as a seller, simply attempting to warn potential buyers. You aren't screwed once you unlock a phone, you're confusing unlocking with jailbreaking. There are tethered unlocks, factory unlocks, sim unlocks and plenty of other software versions. Please do not bash me personally, I did not bash you at all. GLWS
      01-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #8
328B
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am an Apple Genius. I am educated, most likely more than you are. Bad ESN means that is was reported lost or stolen. You can look it up anywhere. Im not bashing your thread, i just know the market for apple products well since i work on them all day long. I'm not bashing you as a seller, simply attempting to warn potential buyers. You aren't screwed once you unlock a phone, you're confusing unlocking with jailbreaking. There are tethered unlocks, factory unlocks, sim unlocks and plenty of other software versions. Please do not bash me personally, I did not bash you at all. GLWS
Clearly you are a liar and not a Apple Genius. So if you could please get off my thread.

A phone with a bad ESN# yes could be stolen, or reported lost.... But that is only if the current ESN is in use. A phone with a bad ESN could have several reasons why it has been blacklisted. You would have known this if you was a Genius. But seems like you possibly jumped the gun on wikipedia.
      01-05-2013, 10:55 PM   #9
bmbarclay
Current M3 Addict
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Clearly you are a liar and not a Apple Genius. So if you could please get off my thread.

A phone with a bad ESN# yes could be stolen, or reported lost.... But that is only if the current ESN is in use. A phone with a bad ESN could have several reasons why it has been blacklisted. You would have known this if you was a Genius. But seems like you possibly jumped the gun on wikipedia.
Whether you believe me or not is not of large importance to me. Why does this phone have a bad ESN? You are correct that a bad ESN doesn't always mean a phone has been lost or stolen, however, in most situations, that is the case. Most phones that come in and are confiscated are bad ESN phones that have been reported lost or stolen. We refuse phones that have been opened by an unauthorized service or an individual. The ESN number is individual to each phone, so its always in use. If someone buys your phone and it has been marked for a bad ESN for the reasons we discussed, you will have a huge problem on your hands, and moreover a very unhappy customer. BUYERS BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Seller, GLWS. I hope that you don't get in trouble with this situation.
      01-06-2013, 12:24 AM   #10
328B
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Whether you believe me or not is not of large importance to me. Why does this phone have a bad ESN? You are correct that a bad ESN doesn't always mean a phone has been lost or stolen, however, in most situations, that is the case. Most phones that come in and are confiscated are bad ESN phones that have been reported lost or stolen. We refuse phones that have been opened by an unauthorized service or an individual. The ESN number is individual to each phone, so its always in use. If someone buys your phone and it has been marked for a bad ESN for the reasons we discussed, you will have a huge problem on your hands, and moreover a very unhappy customer. BUYERS BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Seller, GLWS. I hope that you don't get in trouble with this situation.
What is wrong with you?? No carrier/business is legally allowed to confiscate, so they don't! Whom ever told you this is wrong, 100% wrong! Why are you implying my phone is stolen/lost?? It is neither one!

So every phone with a bad esn# is stolen/lost. All the phones on ebay with a bad ESN is stolen? WOW! Police must be very busy.

Your clueless! Stop trying to justify the stupidity remarks from your previous posting. You are not a GENIUS but a HYPOCRITE!"You are correct that a bad ESN doesn't always mean a phone has been lost or stolen, however, in most situations, that is the case."

Clearly you have ruined the thread for me and other potential buyers. I clearly stated details about each phone, and you felt the need to continuously imply one of my phones is stolen/lost. Clearly you have been in the market for a iphone for some time(stats), and felt the need to attack my thread.

I hope your HAPPY you ruined my thread for no reason. YOU MUST BE PROUD!!

GO APPLE!!!
      01-06-2013, 01:28 AM   #11
bmbarclay
Current M3 Addict
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What is wrong with you?? No carrier/business is legally allowed to confiscate, so they don't! Whom ever told you this is wrong, 100% wrong! Why are you implying my phone is stolen/lost?? It is neither one!

So every phone with a bad esn# is stolen/lost. All the phones on ebay with a bad ESN is stolen? WOW! Police must be very busy.

Your clueless! Stop trying to justify the stupidity remarks from your previous posting. You are not a GENIUS but a HYPOCRITE!"You are correct that a bad ESN doesn't always mean a phone has been lost or stolen, however, in most situations, that is the case."

Clearly you have ruined the thread for me and other potential buyers. I clearly stated details about each phone, and you felt the need to continuously imply one of my phones is stolen/lost. Clearly you have been in the market for a iphone for some time(stats), and felt the need to attack my thread.

I hope your HAPPY you ruined my thread for no reason. YOU MUST BE PROUD!!

GO APPLE!!!
You really need to go back and thoroughly read each of my posts. I never directly said that your phone was stolen or lost. I simply said that a bad ESN usually means that a phone has been reported stolen or lost. As for the confiscation, this was information relayed to me when my iPhone 4 was stolen. I reported it stolen to both Apple and AT&T, both of which assured that they would be legally entitled to confiscate the phone if the situation occurred that someone attempted to activate my phone. Once a phone is flagged for whatever reason, its ESN (CDMA phones(Sprint, Verizon etc)) or IMEI (GSM(AT&T etc)) would be put into a registry for lost and stolen phones.
[QUOTE\]So every phone with a bad esn# is stolen/lost.[/QUOTE] No, as I clearly stated above, and in fact, you quoted yourself in a pitiful attempt to make me look ignorant, not every phone with a bad ESN is lost or stolen, however, 9 times out of ten, that is the case. I have a hard time believing that I am the only guilty part in ruining your thread. You have clearly demonstrated an immature persona that has only further revealed a very childish intelligence level on your behalf. If you had been mature about this and perhaps reasonable, this lovely debate might not have occurred and perhaps your thread would have been unmolested as it currently has. Instead, you decided to attack me personally, which angered me and now you have caused a big stink in your thread over a minuscule accusation. Furthermore, your actions to repeatedly deny with the utmost effort that your phone may have been previously reported lost or stolen only further suggests that in in fact has a bad ESN for that exact reason. All that i have done is revealed what you are clearly trying to hide and continue to deny. Again, ill go ahead and clarify here, I AM NOT SUGGESTING THAT YOUR PHONE HAS A BAD ESN BECAUSE OF BEING REPORTED LOST OR STOLEN. GLWS Have a nice night.

Last edited by bmbarclay; 01-06-2013 at 01:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 02:40 AM   #12
328B
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

"but you're screwed if something goes wrong with it. Bad ESN means its been reported stolen and if you take it to a cell provider they are told to confiscate the phone. Apple stores wont touch it either. GLWS"

"You are correct that a bad ESN doesn't always mean a phone has been lost or stolen, however, in most situations, that is the case."

"I am an Apple Genius."

"Most phones that come in and are confiscated are bad ESN phones that have been reported lost or stolen. We refuse phones that have been opened by an unauthorized service or an individual."

"As for the confiscation, this was information relayed to me when my iPhone 4 was stolen."

"BUYERS BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Seller, GLWS. I hope that you don't get in trouble with this situation."

"I am educated, most likely more than you are"

"Please do not bash me personally, I did not bash you at all."

All here for you!! Not only did you lie about being a Apple Genius you are also a hypocrite. You clearly imply not only you are an employee of Apple, but also my phone has/was stolen.

You dont work for Apple
You dont know what your talking about
You dont confiscate phones
You did ruin my thread
You are a huge hypocrite

GIVE ME A BREAK, LOOK AT WHAT YOU HAVE POSTED!

Last edited by 328B; 01-06-2013 at 02:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #13
Mick007
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i Coupe

nerds trying to 1 up each other... lol i use to be like this with a friend of mine in middle school.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #14
328B
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick007 View Post
nerds trying to 1 up each other... lol i use to be like this with a friend of mine in middle school.
Nerds.. Exactly

This is you eleventh post, welcome to the forum.