E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > '81 Diesel VW 'Caddy' Pickup For Sale

06-17-2015, 01:30 PM   #1
rhiext
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

'81 Diesel VW 'Caddy' Pickup For Sale

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Selling my '81 VW diesel 'Caddy' pickup. I'm the third owner of this great little truck, and it's still going strong. Truck is a 5-speed, and has 280K miles on the clock, primarily put on it by second owner as commuter vehicle. Needed painting when I got it (original tan single-stage paint fade/failure issues, not rust), so I opted for the Amber Fire Pearl as pictured, to protect and refresh the truck, but also match the 'pumpkin' interior that these factory tan vehicles have. I feel the result was a good one, punctuated set upon the 17" Enkeis. Truck is in great shape and a strong runner, and original other than the earlier mentioned 'facelift'. Over the last several years, I've had less and less time to 'spend with' and enjoy the truck, and quite frankly it deserves better. Looking for a good home where it can be enjoyed as much as we have. A great little project or 'toy' opportunity for a fellow fanatic. I should note that the driver's side window mechanism operates a little rough and will need some attention in the future. Vehicle located in DC Metro/Northern Shenandoah Valley area. $5.5K/OBO.

Message me if you're interested. Thanks.

Attached Images

Last edited by rhiext; 09-27-2015 at 04:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 03:42 PM   #2
rhiext
Enlisted Member
Rep

Pickup bed photo added as requested. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 11:56 AM   #3
rhiext
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for your interest.... Yes, new tires and battery replaced just a few weeks ago. As for your MPG question, I don't drive the vehicle frequently enough to say, but the second and previous owner (father of a childhood friend of mine) utilized the truck as a commuter vehicle and regularly reported ~50 MPG. That said, the truck has been a lightly driven, extra, novelty or 'toy' type of vehicle during the 11 years I've owned the truck.... but it's been completely reliable for me during this time. Are you from DC/Metro area? Let me know what you think, as I'd love to do business with you. Best,
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 08:51 AM   #4
rhiext
Enlisted Member
Rep

Sorry for delay, yes truck still available. Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 04:35 PM   #5
rhiext
Enlisted Member
Rep