E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > grumbling groan front left???????

12-12-2015, 10:24 AM   #1
jamhot
Rep
Drives: 335i FBO

grumbling groan front left???????

I've started to get what sounds like an uneven grumbling rubbing groan type noise when I hang a left. Can sound like a cyclic rumbling which I can also feel through the foot well (RHS) heard most when I accelerate slightly at a specific wheel angle but tends to groan more like that. I even hear it very occasionally and slightly while going in a straight line. It comes and goes like a light knocking sort of noise like as if I was flicking plastic when the road camber goes slightly uneven in that case. It isn't the oil cooler vent because I completely removed it to see if it still does it and no joy.

Kind of lost because it doesn't sound quite like a wheel bearing. Its like my tyre is catching something by the sound of it but nothing is even close when I inspect with the wheel at different angles.

Anyone else had this issue?
Appreciate 0