E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > June Deliveries? Lets get the party started!

05-08-2008, 01:14 PM   #111
AJerman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

ARE YOU FKN KIDDING ME?!

First I don't make the boat Monday, and now Courage is actively being pushed back. Now the damn boat isn't even going to make it to Charleston until June 1! I'm so pissed.
      05-08-2008, 01:38 PM   #112
Jet335i
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 F96 X6MC, '11 E92 M3

wow thats a kick in the balls man...sorry to hear that. what's with the courage leaving 1 day after faust but arriving in nyc 2 days before it?
      05-08-2008, 01:43 PM   #113
eddievedder101
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by godot View Post
Hey Eddie,
Check out the Wallenius Wilhelmsen shipping schedule here:
http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...pe=generatePDF

Basically from the date your production is complete, figure around 3-4 days for a train to take your car from the factory to the port. Then using the Wallenius Wilhelmsen (love that name) schedule, find the next ship that is scheduled to depart Bremerhaven and arrive in NYC and Charleston. If your car gets to the port less than a couple of days before the ship departs, you may or may not make it on that one, in which case look for the next ship making the same route.

So if you're finished on May 13, you probably won't make the Courage which departs on 5/16. The next ship after that is the Integrity, leaving Bremerhaven on 5/20, hitting NYC on 6/2 and SC on 6/7. (I'd guess your car will be routed thru NYC.) Once it lands, figure a few more days for preparation and transport to your dealer.

On a different topic, I liked your work with Pearl Jam.

Godot and others,

Thank you for your detailed responses...very much appreciated. Nice to know others are out there in the same position of waiting impatiently and basically in the same boat as me (pun intended hopefully in a week or two). I will definately be checking into the shipping schedules above...mide june or earlier for final delivery sounds awesome.

On your separate topic...wish i was the real eddie vedder (would have ordered at least an m3 then) ...pear jam is touring the east coast early june if you do still have interest.

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 01:54 PM   #114
AJerman
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet335i View Post
wow thats a kick in the balls man...sorry to hear that. what's with the courage leaving 1 day after faust but arriving in nyc 2 days before it?
Faust has 2 extra stops that Courage doesn't before NY. Sweden and Canada.
      05-08-2008, 03:17 PM   #115
BuddyB
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335 coupe

In (on) the same boat - Hopefully

Just wanted to say hello, fellas. I've been tracking the production of my jet black 335 coupe and see that some of us may be on the same boat. Production of my car was competed 4-29 and at the port of Bremerhaven on May 2nd. Hope I make the Mignon or Tasco !
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 03:20 PM   #116
AJerman
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyB View Post
Just wanted to say hello, fellas. I've been tracking the production of my jet black 335 coupe and see that some of us may be on the same boat. Production of my car was competed 4-29 and at the port of Bremerhaven on May 2nd. Hope I make the Mignon or Tasco !
Mine finished production on the 29th and was at the port on the 2nd as well, and I didn't make Tasco. However, ZTZ was finished on the 29th as well and made it. You should be able to track by VIN # by now. Enter your VIN here: http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTrac...trackType=Auto to check it out.
      05-08-2008, 05:02 PM   #117
MikeMidd
Thrillin' and billin'
Rep
Drives: Three-Three-Five

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJerman View Post
ARE YOU FKN KIDDING ME?!

First I don't make the boat Monday, and now Courage is actively being pushed back. Now the damn boat isn't even going to make it to Charleston until June 1! I'm so pissed.
Hey, think of it this way - I ordered on April 29, and won't enter production (!!!) supposedly till the second week of June.

That makes me almost 100% for sure a JULY delivery.

At this point, I'm just hopeful I have it by late July, when I had wanted to take it on a trip. And it probably means I can't do PCD because of that trip and my time off from work.

I'm so excited for the car, and so bummed about what I've heard from the 800 number about the delivery situation.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 05:04 PM   #118
AJerman
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMidd View Post
Hey, think of it this way - I ordered on April 29, and won't enter production (!!!) supposedly till the second week of June.

That makes me almost for sure a JULY delivery.
Yeah, that really sucks dude. I guess it's just because it was all ready to go and I entirely expected it would get on that boat, and everyone else with me did get on except me, so it's just disappointing now.

I can't imagine yours really is going to take until June to enter production. Sounds like your dealer really screwed that one.
      05-08-2008, 05:39 PM   #119
MikeMidd
Thrillin' and billin'
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, that really sucks dude. I guess it's just because it was all ready to go and I entirely expected it would get on that boat, and everyone else with me did get on except me, so it's just disappointing now.

I can't imagine yours really is going to take until June to enter production. Sounds like your dealer really screwed that one.
I'm waiting to hear back from him.

Sorry to vent around here - I'm stoked for you guys who have your Bimmers on the way. Any of you in the DC area are welcome to invite me along for a ride!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 08:17 PM   #120
eddievedder101
Private
Rep

Just talked to a BMWNA rep who said my car was scheduled for week 20 production but that it also says "production started..." She said my production week isnt confirmed yet and couldnt understanjd why it said production started...

She also gave me my vin number...doesnt this mean that it must be in production?? I thought the car didnt recieve a vin number until some point in the production process (the body shop?)

ANyone have any thoughts as to what this all means?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 09:03 PM   #121
AJerman
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievedder101 View Post
Just talked to a BMWNA rep who said my car was scheduled for week 20 production but that it also says "production started..." She said my production week isnt confirmed yet and couldnt understanjd why it said production started...

She also gave me my vin number...doesnt this mean that it must be in production?? I thought the car didnt recieve a vin number until some point in the production process (the body shop?)

ANyone have any thoughts as to what this all means?
Sounds like your CA or whoever you talked to is clueless. I can't remember exactly when they assign the VIN number, but production only takes about 7 days from start to finish. Hell, you may make the Courage next Friday depending on when it finishes (though that would be very optimistic, you'd have to be finished probably by tomorrow to at the latest to MAYBE make it, so don't count on it). Do yourself a favor and call the 800 number (1-800-831-1117, sad, I have it memorized now), and then press 2 for production status, enter the last 7 of your VIN, or your production number if you have it, and see what it says. I don't trust whoever you are talking to.
      05-08-2008, 10:20 PM   #122
eddievedder101
Private
Rep

Quote:
Sounds like your CA or whoever you talked to is clueless. I can't remember exactly when they assign the VIN number, but production only takes about 7 days from start to finish. Hell, you may make the Courage next Friday depending on when it finishes (though that would be very optimistic, you'd have to be finished probably by tomorrow to at the latest to MAYBE make it, so don't count on it). Do yourself a favor and call the 800 number (1-800-831-1117, sad, I have it memorized now), and then press 2 for production status, enter the last 7 of your VIN, or your production number if you have it, and see what it says. I don't trust whoever you are talking to.

Ajerman,

It wasnt my CA who told me all that...it was a rep from the 800 number. Hard to believe Im in production considering:
1. I got my order number 5/6
2. my OC page is still showing a 2001 740iL as my car
3. the automated 800 still says my car is "scheduled for production with no confirmed date."

No way im in production and have a vin already...but somehow the lady gave it to me???
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 10:31 PM   #123
AJerman
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievedder101 View Post
Ajerman,

It wasnt my CA who told me all that...it was a rep from the 800 number. Hard to believe Im in production considering:
1. I got my order number 5/6
2. my OC page is still showing a 2001 740iL as my car
3. the automated 800 still says my car is "scheduled for production with no confirmed date."

No way im in production and have a vin already...but somehow the lady gave it to me???
You got your production number on 5/6? But when did you order? I looked back and saw you said 4/30. Just because you didn't get your production number immediately doesn't mean they didn't put it in. I didn't get my production number for a couple of days, and OC will always be a few days behind past that.

Anyway, I don't know what's going on with your car. The rep at the 800 number shouldn't be confused like that. They can see exactly what's going on, so I don't see how they wouldn't know. Keep an eye on the automated messages on the 800 number over the next day or two and see if it updates.

I ordered on 4/17, and was in production on the 21st or 22nd, and finished production on the 29th, so it's very possible you're already in production. Maybe you just started production and things weren't completely updated yet. Who knows. I certainly don't want to get your hopes up in case it's really not in production yet.
      05-09-2008, 02:16 PM   #124
MikeMidd
Thrillin' and billin'
Rep

Clinging to hope here...

How long does it normally take for a car to be produced? I have a week 23 date as of now, which is the first week of June (June 1-7). And then is there reliable way to determine how long it takes to go from the factory to the port to onto a ship - or is there so much variety I shouldn't try to predict?

The Asian Chorus leaves Bremerhaven on 6/8, arriving in Charleston on 6/21 - which would make my dream of a late-June PCD possible. But it looks like if I miss that 6/8, the car would have to wait for the Courage on 6/16 and not get to the US until around July 4, which probably knocks out PCD due to travel plans in July for me.

Hmmm...
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2008, 02:51 PM   #125
xraymd
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 M2, 22 Lincoln Navigator

It's variable. Week to produce the car, 2-3 days transport from Regensburg to Bremerhaven, 3-7 days to get on a boat, 14 days across the ocean, 1-7 days at the VPC (depending how busy they are). For PCD, I can't imagine there's much delay from the VPC to Greenville.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2008, 03:17 PM   #126
eddievedder101
Private
Rep

Quote:
You got your production number on 5/6? But when did you order? I looked back and saw you said 4/30. Just because you didn't get your production number immediately doesn't mean they didn't put it in. I didn't get my production number for a couple of days, and OC will always be a few days behind past that.

Anyway, I don't know what's going on with your car. The rep at the 800 number shouldn't be confused like that. They can see exactly what's going on, so I don't see how they wouldn't know. Keep an eye on the automated messages on the 800 number over the next day or two and see if it updates.

I ordered on 4/17, and was in production on the 21st or 22nd, and finished production on the 29th, so it's very possible you're already in production. Maybe you just started production and things weren't completely updated yet. Who knows. I certainly don't want to get your hopes up in case it's really not in production yet.
Just talked to a rep from the 800 number and she said my car started production yesterday (5/8), so you were right Ajerman.
Never felt so good to be wrong. She also said that the cars are not worked on over the weekend (I saw someone ask that somewhere).

Hopefully I will be out of production mid next week.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2008, 03:30 PM   #127
MikeMidd
Thrillin' and billin'
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraymd View Post
It's variable. Week to produce the car, 2-3 days transport from Regensburg to Bremerhaven, 3-7 days to get on a boat, 14 days across the ocean, 1-7 days at the VPC (depending how busy they are). For PCD, I can't imagine there's much delay from the VPC to Greenville.
Hope unclinged...

If I end up stuck in week 23, definitely a July delivery. Am gonna call the CA and see if there's any possibility of moving it up.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2008, 06:13 PM   #128
AJerman
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hope unclinged...

If I end up stuck in week 23, definitely a July delivery. Am gonna call the CA and see if there's any possibility of moving it up.
I really don't see your car taking that long to hit production, but I don't know. I'd think even if a dealer put a brand new fresh order in, P1, it shouldn't take that long, not to mention that they usually modify the next closest order to production so it's only a week or so before production. Just have to wait and see I guess.
      05-09-2008, 07:43 PM   #129
xraymd
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 M2, 22 Lincoln Navigator

Besides, you're in a thread with me and AJerman. So far, that's been nothing but good luck for everyone. (Except for me and him)
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2008, 03:04 PM   #130
MikeMidd
Thrillin' and billin'
Rep

Quote:
I really don't see your car taking that long to hit production, but I don't know. I'd think even if a dealer put a brand new fresh order in, P1, it shouldn't take that long, not to mention that they usually modify the next closest order to production so it's only a week or so before production. Just have to wait and see I guess.
So a week ago, my CA sent me the spec sheet with all my options, pricing, etc. I reviewed it carefully, made sure that all the options, colors, etc. were right. And totally overlooked the fact that it lists the car order as 3-Priority Stock.

Now, with everything I've read, it sure seems like that could be the cause for the later build date, right?

Am waiting to hear back from the CA at Passport. Want to get it shifted to Priority 1 if that helps move things along in the slightest. I'd think that it would make a good difference.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2008, 04:39 PM   #131
mcgeeski
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 Barb Red/Blk Dakota

Thumbs up mcgeeski

I am! Barbera Red/Black Leather/alum/Step w/paddles/ZSP/CA/Nav/ipod & usb
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2008, 05:10 PM   #132
AJerman
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So a week ago, my CA sent me the spec sheet with all my options, pricing, etc. I reviewed it carefully, made sure that all the options, colors, etc. were right. And totally overlooked the fact that it lists the car order as 3-Priority Stock.

Now, with everything I've read, it sure seems like that could be the cause for the later build date, right?

Am waiting to hear back from the CA at Passport. Want to get it shifted to Priority 1 if that helps move things along in the slightest. I'd think that it would make a good difference.
Yeah, definitely make sure he has it set as P1, however, it could have just been the car he modded that was previously P3 and is now P1. That's how they usually do it Just change something that was in the line up to be built just for the showroom that way the customer's order gets through as fast as possible, and why OC usually shows the wrong thing at first.