E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > world cup 2010 match ball rsa

11-27-2009, 11:06 PM   #1
amalgamator
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 535xi

world cup 2010 match ball rsa

hi everyone,
i know there are some football fans here...just wanted to see if anyone knew if this was the official game ball for the upcoming world cup. i just picked this up to kick around at national sports (some big sale), the sales associate pulled it from the back where he mentioned they had them delivered. adidas was going to release the ball next week during the group drawings in capetown. i just wanted to know whether the sales associate pulled a fast one on me or not. thanks.

Last edited by amalgamator; 11-28-2009 at 12:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2009, 12:23 AM   #2
MuchMoore
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i

It might have the same pattern screened on it, bit the stitching of the ball will be different. Typically those match quality balls are ~$120 also.
      11-28-2009, 12:27 AM   #3
amalgamator
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 535xi

the one i picked up was obviously a replica not the match ball, just curious about the pattern, not really digging it if the ball will look like such.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2009, 01:43 AM   #4
tolkino
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 BSM E92 328i xDrive

There's the other pattern which has South African flag colors, although I'm not sure what the official one will look like. As far as I know it will be released Dec. 4th
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2009, 08:20 AM   #5
The English Hacker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i / 2000 VW GTI

Same screening, different construction:

adidas and FIFA present the adidas “JABULANI”, the Official Match Ball for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™. The “JABULANI”, which means “to celebrate” in isiZulu, features a South African inspired design and radically new technology. The new match ball will be available in retail from December 5th onwards.

The newly developed “Grip’n’Groove” profile provides the best players in the world with a ball allowing an exceptionally stable flight and perfect grip under all conditions. Comprising only eight, completely new, thermally bonded 3-D panels, which for the first time are spherically moulded, the ball is perfectly round and even more accurate than ever before.

The name:

The name ”JABULANI” originates from the indigenous language isiZulu, one of the eleven official languages of the Republic of South Africa, which is spoken by almost 25% of the population. Literally translated, “JABULANI” means “to celebrate”. Football is a passion that unites the world. The name of the new match ball appropriately pays tribute to the passionate football celebration international fans will enjoy in South Africa next summer.

The design:

Eleven different colours are used in the adidas “JABULANI”, the eleventh adidas World Cup ball. These 11 colours represent the 11 players in every team, the 11 official languages of South Africa and the 11 South African communities that make the country one of the most ethnologically diverse countries on the African continent. The colourful design brings together the tremendous diversity of the country in harmonious unity. Four triangle-shaped design elements on a white background lend the ball a unique appearance in African spirit. And like the outer facade of Johannesburg’s Soccer City Stadium, individual design elements also capture the colourfulness of South Africa.

3-D panel shapes:

The Match Ball for the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ features a completely new, ground-breaking technology. Eight 3-D spherically formed EVA and TPU panels are moulded together, harmoniously enveloping the inner carcass. The result is an energetic unit combined with perfect roundness. Following the first tests, players all over the world are enthusiastic and are promising many goals with the new ball.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2009, 08:23 AM   #6
iPodAddict
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerGrey View Post
Same screening, different construction:

adidas and FIFA present the adidas “JABULANI”, the Official Match Ball for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™. The “JABULANI”, which means “to celebrate” in isiZulu, features a South African inspired design and radically new technology. The new match ball will be available in retail from December 5th onwards.

The newly developed “Grip’n’Groove” profile provides the best players in the world with a ball allowing an exceptionally stable flight and perfect grip under all conditions. Comprising only eight, completely new, thermally bonded 3-D panels, which for the first time are spherically moulded, the ball is perfectly round and even more accurate than ever before.

The name:

The name ”JABULANI” originates from the indigenous language isiZulu, one of the eleven official languages of the Republic of South Africa, which is spoken by almost 25% of the population. Literally translated, “JABULANI” means “to celebrate”. Football is a passion that unites the world. The name of the new match ball appropriately pays tribute to the passionate football celebration international fans will enjoy in South Africa next summer.

The design:

Eleven different colours are used in the adidas “JABULANI”, the eleventh adidas World Cup ball. These 11 colours represent the 11 players in every team, the 11 official languages of South Africa and the 11 South African communities that make the country one of the most ethnologically diverse countries on the African continent. The colourful design brings together the tremendous diversity of the country in harmonious unity. Four triangle-shaped design elements on a white background lend the ball a unique appearance in African spirit. And like the outer facade of Johannesburg’s Soccer City Stadium, individual design elements also capture the colourfulness of South Africa.

3-D panel shapes:

The Match Ball for the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ features a completely new, ground-breaking technology. Eight 3-D spherically formed EVA and TPU panels are moulded together, harmoniously enveloping the inner carcass. The result is an energetic unit combined with perfect roundness. Following the first tests, players all over the world are enthusiastic and are promising many goals with the new ball.
This. I totally want to try this ball out and see what the differences really are.