E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > K750i will not connect to car via bluetooth

10-04-2006, 03:50 PM   #1
castleking
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i Msport 2006

K750i will not connect to car via bluetooth

Just upgraded my phone to a Sony eric K750i and i'm having a problem pairing it up with the car! I get to the stage where it says enter pass code so I enter it in the phone then the car says enter pass code, after I put the same code in the car it seems to accept it for about 20 seconds but meanwhile my phone is still trying to connect with the car and is displaying a message "The other device must enter same passcode" It just displays this message until I have to turn the phone off.
Can anybody help?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2006, 06:08 PM   #2
MarcusCatterall
England
Rep
Drives: E90 325i M Sport

Hi,

I have the same phone, and recently had the same problem with my new 325i M Sport.
The issue is with the firmware of the phone. Mine was a version earlier than the version that is supposedly compatible (according to www.bmw.co.uk/bluetooth).

I've updated the phone firmware via http://www.sonyericsson.co.uk and although the phone now pairs successfully I'm still having one issue.
The phonebook is synchronised successfully with the car, I can receive phone calls no problem. But if I try to make a call from the phone book on via the iDrive, the audio only comes out of the phone. I've tried to manually transfer the audio back to the car but the phone says something like "Connection Failed".

If, however, I make a call from the phone itself, the audio comes out of the car speakers fine - but it kind of defeats the object of "hands-free" !!

If you need assistance upgrading the phone firmware let me know.

Cheers,

Marcus
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 02:58 PM   #3
vamc.mc
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i

i have the 2006 325i without IDrive and my K750i works flawlessly with my car's bluetooth..I was able to transfer all of my address book from phone to the car and also make calls from the car without any problems.
BTW I am having the R1DB001 on my phone...thats the latest firmware...so check out the versions on your phone and even though i am not sure if it will resolve the problem but maybe give it a shot after updating the firmware and see..
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 03:06 PM   #4
Ucan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Download the Sonyericsonn software updater from their website. It automatically updates your phone to the latest firmware.

Ucan
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 04:17 PM   #5
castleking
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusCatterall
Hi,

I have the same phone, and recently had the same problem with my new 325i M Sport.
The issue is with the firmware of the phone. Mine was a version earlier than the version that is supposedly compatible (according to www.bmw.co.uk/bluetooth).

I've updated the phone firmware via http://www.sonyericsson.co.uk and although the phone now pairs successfully I'm still having one issue.
The phonebook is synchronised successfully with the car, I can receive phone calls no problem. But if I try to make a call from the phone book on via the iDrive, the audio only comes out of the phone. I've tried to manually transfer the audio back to the car but the phone says something like "Connection Failed".

If, however, I make a call from the phone itself, the audio comes out of the car speakers fine - but it kind of defeats the object of "hands-free" !!

If you need assistance upgrading the phone firmware let me know.

Cheers,

Marcus
Updated the software from Sony Ericsson and the phone now works correctly thanks for all the advice guys.
Marcus: regarding your problem I had the same trouble at first but I messed about with the settings in the profiles of the phone and got it to work.
Sorry I cant tell you what I did exactly because I fiddled around that much in the end I didnt know what I had done, but when I am in bluetooth mode the profile says that the phone is silent but the ring in the car works but when out of bluetooth mode the phone rings as normal.
Hope this helps somewhat.

Pete
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 04:25 PM   #6
Ucan
Private First Class
Rep

Nice to see that it worked out. Enjoy your car and the phone.

Ucan
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2006, 07:49 AM   #7
MarcusCatterall
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by castleking
Updated the software from Sony Ericsson and the phone now works correctly thanks for all the advice guys.
Marcus: regarding your problem I had the same trouble at first but I messed about with the settings in the profiles of the phone and got it to work.
Sorry I cant tell you what I did exactly because I fiddled around that much in the end I didnt know what I had done, but when I am in bluetooth mode the profile says that the phone is silent but the ring in the car works but when out of bluetooth mode the phone rings as normal.
Hope this helps somewhat.

Pete
Your welcome castleking.
I'm still having trouble with the dialling out from iDrive problem.
Can you tell me which firmware version you have on your K750i , and can you work out what you did to get it to work.

Thanks,
Marcus
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2006, 12:55 PM   #8
castleking
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

Quote:
Your welcome castleking.
I'm still having trouble with the dialling out from iDrive problem.
Can you tell me which firmware version you have on your K750i , and can you work out what you did to get it to work.

Thanks,
Marcus
If I were you this is what I would do. It worked for me.
First do a master reset on the mobile.
Reinstall the firmware from SE 2649 is the version I have.
Delete the name of your phone in the car.
Re-pair the phone and let it download the addressbook etc.
Get a mate with a mobile to sit in the car with you who will phone you and this way you can play around with the settings in the phone.
I set the phone up with bluetooth turned off and set my preferences.
Then with bluetooth on my mate rang me up and I played around with the profiles until it was set up correctly.
Strange isnt it that the SE 630 that I had previously worked like a dream out of the box but when you upgrade to a newer phone you end up with a lot of pissing about.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2006, 02:30 PM   #9
castleking
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

Any luck yet Marcus?
I have gone over the process again to check what I did.

Mine is set as follows:

In profiles chose port.hands free
volume 0
silent off
vibrating alert off
increasing ring off
keysound silent
divert calls off
allowed callers all callers
answering mode normal
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #10
MarcusCatterall
England
Rep

Hi castleking,

Thanks but still no still no joy.
I've done a "master reset" on the phone.
Set the profile as you suggest (although i'm using the "In Car" profile - can't see why this should make a difference tho)

as i said the bluetooth works fine except dialling out from the idrive menu. i can receive calls fine and i can make calls from the phone itself - the audio comes out of the car speakers, but if i try to dial out either by entering a number in iDrive or by selecting a contact from the address book in iDrive - the audio comes out of phone - and while the call is in progress, i've even tried to "Transfer" the sound to the car but it says "connection failed" - even though its already connected!!!!

one other thing to note is that the first time I try to dial out from iDrive it does actually work, but if i cancel the call, and then try dialling out again, it refuses to do it - it seems that once its done it the first time - thats it.

castleking can you confirm that you dial out from iDrive successfully more than once?

cheers,

Marcus
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2006, 08:31 AM   #11
castleking
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

Quote:
Hi castleking,

Thanks but still no still no joy.
I've done a "master reset" on the phone.
Set the profile as you suggest (although i'm using the "In Car" profile - can't see why this should make a difference tho)

as i said the bluetooth works fine except dialling out from the idrive menu. i can receive calls fine and i can make calls from the phone itself - the audio comes out of the car speakers, but if i try to dial out either by entering a number in iDrive or by selecting a contact from the address book in iDrive - the audio comes out of phone - and while the call is in progress, i've even tried to "Transfer" the sound to the car but it says "connection failed" - even though its already connected!!!!

one other thing to note is that the first time I try to dial out from iDrive it does actually work, but if i cancel the call, and then try dialling out again, it refuses to do it - it seems that once its done it the first time - thats it.

castleking can you confirm that you dial out from iDrive successfully more than once?

cheers,

Marcus
Yes I can confirm your question everything works as it should however today I have noticed that when I receive a call when in the car the phone rings as well as the in car speakers not sure if this i correct the SE T630 went silent when paired with the car.
Does yours?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2006, 11:11 AM   #12
MarcusCatterall
England
Rep

Quote:
Yes I can confirm your question everything works as it should however today I have noticed that when I receive a call when in the car the phone rings as well as the in car speakers not sure if this i correct the SE T630 went silent when paired with the car.
Does yours?
My phone does ring as well as the car speakers - but this is something you set in the profile - the "silent mode" - it shouldnt affect the bluetooth functionality though.

One more thing castleking, can you tell me firmware version on the phone itself.
To find out, do this:
goto the desktop on phone. then press > * < < * < *

< and > means press left/right with joystick , * means the star key

You should get a service menu, click Service Info, then Software Info, then the firmware version is on the first line. mine reads "R1CA 021"

Cheers,

Marcus
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2006, 05:11 PM   #13
castleking
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

Quote:
My phone does ring as well as the car speakers - but this is something you set in the profile - the "silent mode" - it shouldnt affect the bluetooth functionality though.

One more thing castleking, can you tell me firmware version on the phone itself.
To find out, do this:
goto the desktop on phone. then press > * < < * < *

< and > means press left/right with joystick , * means the star key

You should get a service menu, click Service Info, then Software Info, then the firmware version is on the first line. mine reads "R1CA 021"

Cheers,

Marcus
Didn't know you could do that. Yes it says the same as yours.

Regarding the silent mode does that mean you have to change it back when you are out of the car?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2006, 06:06 PM   #14
Ucan
Private First Class
Rep

I updated my K750i firmware last week and mine reads R1DB001. Apparently you're using an older firmware version. Why don't you just stick with my advice and download the Sonyericsson's software updater application to your computer. It's going to update your K750i with the latest firmware automatically.

You can see the list of K750i firmwares here:

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=92737

You can download the software updater here:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...21839&esi=true

Ucan
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2006, 03:13 PM   #15
castleking
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucan
I updated my K750i firmware last week and mine reads R1DB001. Apparently you're using an older firmware version. Why don't you just stick with my advice and download the Sonyericsson's software updater application to your computer. It's going to update your K750i with the latest firmware automatically.

You can see the list of K750i firmwares here:

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=92737

You can download the software updater here:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...21839&esi=true

Ucan
I did just that on your and marcus's recommendation but the latest update does not alter the firmware number that you quote. I must admit it solved a lot of the problems I previously had but there are still some minor niggly problems that still are annoying.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2006, 06:23 PM   #16
Ucan
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I did just that on your and marcus's recommendation but the latest update does not alter the firmware number that you quote. I must admit it solved a lot of the problems I previously had but there are still some minor niggly problems that still are annoying.
Interesting. You may try to find another way of downloading the latest firmware (the number I have).
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2006, 01:12 PM   #17
MarcusCatterall
England
Rep

Thumbs up

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that I updated my phone to the latest version: R1DB001.

The dialing out now works fine from the iDrive phonebook - the audio comes through the car speakers.

It's still doesn't work if I enter in a number and dial, but at least it will dial from the phonebook.

Thanks for the help.

Marcus
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2006, 01:59 PM   #18
castleking
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that I updated my phone to the latest version: R1DB001.

The dialing out now works fine from the iDrive phonebook - the audio comes through the car speakers.

It's still doesn't work if I enter in a number and dial, but at least it will dial from the phonebook.

Thanks for the help.

Marcus
How did you update to the R1DB001?
On the ericsson site i only managed to update to the R1CA 021
from the 2649 update
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2006, 05:42 PM   #19
MarcusCatterall
England
Rep

Yep used the SonyEricsson updater.
But I think it depends on the version of the phone, if its branded, eg vodafone, orange, o2 etc. it may not get the latest.

Mine is unbranded so it updated to the latest.
Appreciate 0