E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > High Resolution E90 Facelift (LCI) Photos!

07-10-2008, 09:50 PM   #23
Saigon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM E92 335i Coupe

wow that e90 looks way better, looks like a completely new redesign!

M-Sport | BMW Performance | Beige l Piano Black l Sport l Premium l Heated l Navi | Steptronic l Comfort Access l Logic7 l iPod & USB |
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 09:51 PM   #24
cosmos515
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: I find what I keeps

I have read all the bulletins and I still do not understand why the i-Drive became so complex in nature. I thought the reason for i-Drive was less buttons and now BMW is adding buttons. The thing is I understand why Gen 1 of i-Drive did not succeed and that was because the demographic of the 7er was old. Now that the age is coming up with the technology it is becoming more accepted. So why all the new buttons?
      07-10-2008, 09:55 PM   #25
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOffshore View Post
great images thanks for sharing, don't like the wagon at all, I think they are wasting their time and money on these...they don't sell around here, where on earth are they selling enough of these to justify making them or at least bringing them into the US market?
That is a typical narrow minded response, you obviously do not travel or understand the view of the rest of the world. There are actually a lot of people that prefer the wagon in the US but since there is no 335 option they do not buy them.

Outside the US the world is anti-SUV for the most part b/c they actually care about the saving fuel and how things drive. Wagons sell very well in every other locale and there are some people that require the added versatility of a wagon and refuse to buy a gas guzzling SUV. Wagons handle just as well as sedans and can also cart the family and gear around....
Interesting to note that wagon sales in the US have been increasing since the gas prices began to rise... hmmm I wonder why?
      07-10-2008, 10:02 PM   #26
mundo74
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos515 View Post
I have read all the bulletins and I still do not understand why the i-Drive became so complex in nature. I thought the reason for i-Drive was less buttons and now BMW is adding buttons. The thing is I understand why Gen 1 of i-Drive did not succeed and that was because the demographic of the 7er was old. Now that the age is coming up with the technology it is becoming more accepted. So why all the new buttons?
Same here that is why I am loving my 08 idrive
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 10:03 PM   #27
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
The new buttons make it easier as they are ergonomically placed much like a mouse button. The shortcut buttons were actually part of the original concept for iDrive in the Z9

The slide feature of the controller was designed to remove the buttons though it made the system more complicated to produce and for some to use. BMW has decreased the actual complexity in producing the system and thus the cost associated with the controller, in 2008 they removed the haptic portion to free up some processing power and complexity while adding the programmable buttons to make it easier to use...

These buttons make sense and they are placed not to clutter things up and are easily "learned"

I am loving the look of this car!
      07-10-2008, 10:07 PM   #28
d3l0n
I love the ///M3, but I want 550hp ///M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW330iE90

Garage List
it looks awesome man.. great improvement. I wanna see night shots of those tails lit up and video. Anxious for Mtech and absolutely adore that new HOOD!

I am almost certain now, also, that the mtech version will be available for the sport version. Simply because... look at the mtech on the 550i Sport (the sport wheels and mtech kit on that monaco advertised one is soo so so sick )

E90 should receive the same treatment with this LCI.

So.. .the CS looked like a shark...
the 7 looks like alien like, tho derived from the cs
and the new e90 lci looks alienated...

hmm

alien shark is the theme for bmw! lol

like it or not guys, pics, at times, don't do a lot of newly designed cars justice. You have to see em in person. Also, BMW is gonna lead the way in certain designs and or upping the standards.. Audi is doing great, and the shots of that new Eclass looks crazy (can't wait for a sport version). This is the direction they are going.

I feel a lil bad that SG color is discountinued...:-/ I wonder if their will be a new dark gray? I dont really like space gray...
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 10:09 PM   #29
ironic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

sexy!

Widebody 335i Project Car BUILD | PHOTOSHOOT
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 10:16 PM   #30
beauderek
Client Advisor/Radio DJ
Rep
Drives: 2006 bmw 330xi/2019 bmw 230i

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Glad mine's pre facelift. Taillight shape looks f'd up. I like the LED's but they should've kept the same shape. Now the headlight looks pretty cool. Wonder if it could be retrofit.

I was hoping for updated sideskirts. If the M-tech looks like more like the e92's, I'd want it for my car. Might not fit though.

f22 230i delivered 12/27/18/Seaside Blue/Oyster Sensatec/Manual/Heated front seats, Track & Handling package/CF mirrors and rear spoiler/M Sport front bumper/Shadowline trim/M Performance shift knob/1 Series (f21) M Sport steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 10:27 PM   #31
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I'm loving it.
      07-10-2008, 10:30 PM   #32
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i

woooooow! huuge improvements on the facelift. nice pics.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 10:31 PM   #33
rocco
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 AW ZSP

Quote:
Good observation re: 7-series.

A back-button will be nice, and perhaps the ability to save things like trip computer to shortcut button will be helpful (not sure if that's one of the improvements), otherwise iDrive is hands down the best UI of any manufacturer-integrated navi system.

I have no need for any of those extra buttons, the only thing i'm hoping for is an ability to upgrade to the new navi software.
      07-10-2008, 10:37 PM   #34
bluespeed117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Garage List
2007 e90 328i  [0.00]
ugh, those tailights are nasty. The headlights are sexy. Will these fit in the current e90 or no.
      07-10-2008, 10:51 PM   #35
BLITZ
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E34 525i M-Technik

I love it. Have you noticed the rear looks very angry like the old BMW's.

07-10-2008, 10:52 PM   #36
titaniume90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Different start stop button surround

The headlights look like they may fit. Also just a shot in the dark, but the grill almost looks like it would fit the current bumper atleast the bottom part, and maybe trimming the hood to get it to fit the rest.

The rear tails make the rear look not so bulky, they went for a sleeker luxury look
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 10:52 PM   #37
waterp7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespeed117
ugh, those tailights are nasty. The headlights are sexy. Will these fit in the current e90 or no.
With the new hood and front bumper, i doubt it. You'd need to buy those parts plus the new headlights.

Same thing with the taillights. You'll need a new trunk.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 10:57 PM   #38
BLITZ
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E34 525i M-Technik

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapezzul View Post
That is a typical narrow minded response, you obviously do not travel or understand the view of the rest of the world. There are actually a lot of people that prefer the wagon in the US but since there is no 335 option they do not buy them.

Outside the US the world is anti-SUV for the most part b/c they actually care about the saving fuel and how things drive. Wagons sell very well in every other locale and there are some people that require the added versatility of a wagon and refuse to buy a gas guzzling SUV. Wagons handle just as well as sedans and can also cart the family and gear around....
Interesting to note that wagon sales in the US have been increasing since the gas prices began to rise... hmmm I wonder why?
In Germany there are loads of tourings.

The UK has followed suit with the US where there are alot of Suv's especially with the introduction of the ML and X5 in the since the late nineties.
      07-10-2008, 11:04 PM   #39
casestack
roving hedonist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 Silver/blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapezzul View Post

HEAR,HEAR!!
Wagons---while most people buy SUVs is a mystery to me. Some of us use our cars as work vehicles, and storage and the option to configure our cars to the requirements of our jobs is a big factor. Ease of parking, ease of loading and unloading combined with the same handling traits of a coupe make wagons very attractive---when you are spending all day--12-14 hours working in and out of a vehicle---parking at 7-10 different stops/garages/sites a day, moving in and out of hotels and so on, the wagon reigns supreme. Combine this with the SAME creature and luxury comforts of an E92 or E90 and the wagon-with the right powertrain (335i or 335D) becomes a very compelling vehicle. Audi and Volvo do not turn away from this market. BMW has yet to understand that some of us really and truly lust after a vehicle such as a 335 deisel wagon with the very same sporting bloodlines of the E92. Yes, when we are behind the wheel-we would love to see ourselves in a M3 or E92 coupe-but our jobs and finances dictate a workhorse carriage--we just want the hot bits-the DCT tranny, the M-tech kit, the nice alloys, the sport tuned road hugging suspension, the twin turbo tech AND the gas mileage of a Diesel or frugal twin-turbo direct injection-whipped cream smooth revvin' in-line 6 that nobody does as well as BMW. AND we want it in a "LONG ROOF" E91 wagon. Not an AUDI or a WOW-VO.
So come on BMW-N. A. give us the 335D E91 Touring!
And give us the spec that gives an American customer who is driving a "wagon" the same street cred it has in Europe!

Anybody at BMW NA listening?

Malbec
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 12:06 AM   #40
neo871
Major
Romania
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive MPPSK

wow....i can't belive the final pics are out! it looks really nice, can't wait to get mine!!!

hope we will see pics of the new M kit soon!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 12:12 AM   #41
[SIPUT]
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: sparkling graphite 320i

the headlight looks cheap IMO...and whats with that white thing on top of the headlight?
as for the taillight i still prefer blacklines....

oh well maybe it will grow on me
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 12:14 AM   #42
cncmastr
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 ZCP, F85, E70, G07

Garage List
2018 X5 M  [0.00]
2020 M2 CS  [0.00]
2005 BMW X5 4.8is  [0.00]
2006 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by red.66mustang View Post
Very nice LCI. Noticed a couple of things:

1) Looks like the light next to the Xenon on the headlights get e92/e93 style corner illuminating feature

2) Cooled/Heated cupholder appears to be gone in the picture showing the iPod with Aux imput

3) What is the little button below the foglight button (picture showing interior from Drivers door)

4) Looks like the main Taillight is the same shape as previous non-LED lights---quick factory conversion perhaps???

#3 is the rear foglight button for countries outside the US.
      07-11-2008, 12:45 AM   #43
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SIPUT] View Post
the headlight looks cheap IMO...and whats with that white thing on top of the headlight?
as for the taillight i still prefer blacklines....

oh well maybe it will grow on me
+1

Also, the hump in the hood looks too much like an X hood. The front bumper is nasty, almost old Camaro looking.

I'm happy with my MY08
      07-11-2008, 12:46 AM   #44
bsd107
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i E90

Nice to finally see the "896 Blue Water Metallic" on the sedan pictures.

Note that for the US, the MY09 335i sedan will have 17" Style 284 wheels. Sports Package will give 18" mixed tires with Style 287 wheels.

Can anyone tell from the pics which size wheels are on the 335i Sedan? Are the 18" Sports Package wheels shown in the Sedan pictures?
Appreciate 0