E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > GOT A SET: 335i turbos for turbo upgrade development support

Closed Thread

02-03-2010, 06:01 AM   #1
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

Exclamation GOT A SET: 335i turbos for turbo upgrade development support

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Update: GOT A SET

Hi,

I'm looking for a set of 335i turbos in mint condition, low milage and build date 2009 or 2010 ( 8mm actuator rods, thicker bushings, basicly the most recent OEM design ). I need those turbos for supporting a turbo upgrade development, done by a very reputable company .

While a first version of the turbo upgrade is currently road- and track tested ( here in Europe, very successful ), a second version is being developed by upgrading turbine and compressor wheel and making everything reliable. The new design is needed to check whether a wastegate upgrade has to be performed on most recent OEM turbos or not.

The turbos must be shipped to Switzerland.

Please send a PM if you have something to offer.

Thanks,
Eugen

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 08:49 AM   #2
marcel b
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

too many people are upgrading their turbos... makes me wanno do it as well And I so told myself not to tune my car....
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 09:12 AM   #3
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel b View Post
too many people are upgrading their turbos... makes me wanno do it as well And I so told myself not to tune my car....
I know that song... I remember when I said to myself that a simple remap with 360hp was more than enough...now I'm at more than 400hp and aiming for 500hp with the upgrade...

But BTT, sorry Eugen for the OT!

Alpina_B3_Lux
      02-03-2010, 06:06 PM   #4
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.n335 View Post
Hi,

I'm looking for a set of 335i turbos in mint condition, low milage and build date 2009 or 2010 ( 8mm actuator rods, thicker bushings, basicly the most recent OEM design ). I need those turbos for supporting a turbo upgrade development, done by a very reputable company .

While a first version of the turbo upgrade is currently road- and track tested ( here in Europe, very successful ), a second version is being developed by upgrading turbine and compressor wheel and making everything reliable. The new design is needed to check whether a wastegate upgrade has to be performed on most recent OEM turbos or not.

The turbos must be shipped to Switzerland.

Please send a PM if you have something to offer.

Thanks,
Eugen

The second stage will be undergoing durability testing and performance testing at the end of next week The full Stage 2 rebuild will be on the 'Ring once the snow disappears However I have a full day MSA testing session at Brands Hatch in less than two weeks time and that will show up how well the new version runs under extreme temps.

It is very doubtful whether any further wastegate actuator upgrades will be needed, as long as the turbos are running the new 8mm spec version. If it is an original set of turbos (on the 6mm rods) then a new set of 8mm actuator assemblies can be purchased from BMW and retrofitted to the turbos. New bushes will then be machined to the dimensions that are now proven to work reliably at the highest temperatures. New 8mm actuator rod assemblies are inexpensive - about €60 (Euros) per turbo
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 06:10 PM   #5
john boxter
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e93

what benifet will the new 8mm actuators give?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #6
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by john boxter View Post
what benifet will the new 8mm actuators give?
The 8mm actuator rods are much less prone to heat-induced distortion of the arm. The 6mm versions had a tendency to distort with high turbo temperatures, and this then led to the wastegate diaphragm not sealing properly against the turbo body
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread