E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Quick Test Drive - Vishnu PROcede Stage 3 CANbus

03-26-2009, 12:58 PM   #1
StartupJunkie
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Sedan+2 Baby Seats

Quick Test Drive - Vishnu PROcede Stage 3 CANbus

Howdy Folks,

I went by Vishnu today to get the changes for CANbus-PROcede for my car.

Shiv was generous enough to let me try out his car while mine was being updated. All I can say is WOW! This setup is very impressive, there is SOOOO MUCH torque throughout the entire RPM range. The thing that stuck in my mind was how smooth the power delivery was. Smooth does not mean that it is not exciting, smooth means smooth. There is a nice linearity of throttle position vs. what is delivered on the road. It is what you would expect ... light application --> light power, slam it --> melting tires and worn brakes (sorry).

I got to compare the ride against various stage maps and it all has the same smoothness with varying levels up top. I also wondered if you could really "feel" the torque difference of 30 ft.lbs when you're up in high 360s ... the answer is "Yes, you can".

The code clearing is as easy as pie ... It even simpler in person than the youtube video (if you can believe that). Though I tried to clear the codes while driving, that didn't work (also not very safe).

Not to spill any of the spoilers, but there are OTHER AMAZING things you can do with CANbus integration. These "things" will save people lots of $$$ not having to spend it in other places. I was really happy getting what I got with the initial purchase, but these addons have made the deal sweeter for me.

Shiv - thanks for letting play with your car ... you've helped me figure out where to spend my income tax return!! I just need to wait for my Helix IC groupbuy to complete and figure out what I behind the downpipes.

Junk
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 01:04 PM   #2
cocoturkey
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 08' e92 335i

I'm sure people will love the new features!!!!! I really can't wait to see what the "OTHER AMAZING THINGS" are....

What I love the most is Shiv's super lighting fast customer services!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 01:37 PM   #3
ontopofm
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: stock

no more canbus review please, i cant afford the upgrade
OP enjoy the features
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 02:10 PM   #4
sn0w
Rep
Drives: 335i

yes, it's easy to clear codes, we all like that. But the question is: how often are you actually throwing those codes? It's a great feature, but I would hate to have it a a necessity to driving.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 03:10 PM   #5
StartupJunkie
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Sedan+2 Baby Seats

Well I was throwing them on purpose (wrong maps) to see if it could be done.

I've had my proceed for 6 weeks and no codes. But that is a very short usage cycle.
Appreciate 0