E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > E92s and TNT Tint

08-04-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
AaronLBeltran
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

E92s and TNT Tint

Before you bash me with , I've already done so. I even revived some old threads with no responses. With those threads relating to TNT Tint, there wasn't a lot of feedback with E92 owners and the dot matrix. However, there was great feedback in general about the quality of work done.

I'm getting tint within the next two weeks, and I'm already swaying going to Matt at TNT Tint because of all the positive feedback he's received. I know other shops put vinyl over the dot matrix, and to some that looks fine, but not to me.

For the E92 owners that went to Matt at TNT Tint, can you answer the questions below?

Which film was recommended?
How long was the process from start to finish?
What did he do about the dot matrix?
Any effects on electronics?
How much was the cost?
Pictures of tint done(specifically the dot matrix)?

Last edited by AaronLBeltran; 08-04-2011 at 04:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 04:47 PM   #2
danny156b
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronLBeltran View Post
Before you bash me with , I've already done so. I even revived some old threads with no responses. With those threads relating to TNT Tint, there wasn't a lot of feedback with E92 owners and the dot matrix. However, there was great feedback in general about the quality of work done.

I'm getting tint within the next two weeks, and I'm already swaying going to Matt at TNT Tint because of all the positive feedback he's received. I know other shops put vinyl over the dot matrix, and to some that looks fine, but it seems half-ass to me.

For the E92 owners that went to Matt at TNT Tint, can you answer the questions below?

How much was the cost?
I got mine done at TNT Tint back in March.

Matt recommended Madico film.
He wanted me to leave the car with him for 6 hours or so.
He did nothing special for the dot matrix.
There is no effects on electronics.
Cost around 200.

I don't have any pics at the moment but mine turned out pretty shitty on the dot matrix. I went to him because of all the good feedback on here about him being a perfectionist and all but I wasn't really satisfied with the result. He does not use the vinyl strips and just told me to see what happens when it dries out. I went back a week later hoping to get the dot matrix fixed but all he could say was all the e92's he does turn out differently. He did a good job overall and I am not gunna spend another couple hundred dollars to re-tint to make it perfect. My only regret is that I didn't go with darker tints lol
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #3
AaronLBeltran
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny156b View Post
I got mine done at TNT Tint back in March.

Matt recommended Madico film.
He wanted me to leave the car with him for 6 hours or so.
He did nothing special for the dot matrix.
There is no effects on electronics.
Cost around 200.

I don't have any pics at the moment but mine turned out pretty shitty on the dot matrix. I went to him because of all the good feedback on here about him being a perfectionist and all but I wasn't really satisfied with the result. He does not use the vinyl strips and just told me to see what happens when it dries out. I went back a week later hoping to get the dot matrix fixed but all he could say was all the e92's he does turn out differently. He did a good job overall and I am not gunna spend another couple hundred dollars to re-tint to make it perfect. My only regret is that I didn't go with darker tints lol
He didn't keep re-doing it until you were satisfied? I've seen a couple people say he re-did the back window 3-4 times to their satisfaction. What % did you get?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #4
danny156b
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: WRX

Nah one time is enough for me. I don't have the time to go back 3-4 times to get it done right. He should have gotten it perfect from the first time but it seems like its the same everywhere else. I'm still happy with his work. I just didn't like how the dot matrix turned out. I got 35% all around btw.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #5
EngineCo52
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Montego 328xi CPE

when i got my tint done (not by TNT) they put a strip of black vinal over the dot matrix so it wouldnt bubble, looks great, just an option for you to consider

E9x Picture Game-8 Points-Roundabout, Something Remarkable(stack of 50 g's), Cruise Memorabilia, Dirt Road w/ Trees, Michael Jackson, Police Station ,Dress-Up Funny, TPMS
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #6
AaronLBeltran
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny156b View Post
Nah one time is enough for me. I don't have the time to go back 3-4 times to get it done right. He should have gotten it perfect from the first time but it seems like its the same everywhere else. I'm still happy with his work. I just didn't like how the dot matrix turned out. I got 35% all around btw.
If you could post pictures sometimes that'd be cool, since I'm thinking about getting 35% all around. (Legal with medical waiver)
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 05:11 PM   #7
AaronLBeltran
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineCo52 View Post
when i got my tint done (not by TNT) they put a strip of black vinal over the dot matrix so it wouldnt bubble, looks great, just an option for you to consider
I was considering doing that at LA Tint, just wanting to see the results from TNT Tint.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #8
boom
My X5d tows my spec miata to the track.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 35d

Do not go to TNT tint. I had my old e92 done there. Matt talked my ear off about random bs for two hours AFTER I arrived to pick my car up. I arrived to vet the car at 6:00pm on a Saturday and didn't leave until after 8:00. I had dropped it off the night before so matt had it all day. The tint job was fine and the dot matrix was acceptable but the dumb sob had sprayed it with water numerous times and never dried it. It had huge water spots on every surface. I washed and waxed it the next day but the spots remained. I would have had to clay it to get them out. as it turns out I slammed it into an suv two days later so never got to the clay part. I don't blame matt for that...
The dude talked incessantly about how in demand he was, etc. but his work was nothing special. The water spots are what really pisses me off.
My replacement e92 was just tinted at Ziebart. $229, lifetime warranty. They'll do the vinyl for $49. I'll do that next.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 05:49 PM   #9
AaronLBeltran
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post
Do not go to TNT tint. I had my old e92 done there. Matt talked my ear off about random bs for two hours AFTER I arrived to pick my car up. I arrived to vet the car at 6:00pm on a Saturday and didn't leave until after 8:00. I had dropped it off the night before so matt had it all day. The tint job was fine and the dot matrix was acceptable but the dumb sob had sprayed it with water numerous times and never dried it. It had huge water spots on every surface. I washed and waxed it the next day but the spots remained. I would have had to clay it to get them out. as it turns out I slammed it into an suv two days later so never got to the clay part. I don't blame matt for that...
The dude talked incessantly about how in demand he was, etc. but his work was nothing special. The water spots are what really pisses me off.
My replacement e92 was just tinted at Ziebart. $229, lifetime warranty. They'll do the vinyl for $49. I'll do that next.
Thanks for the info.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 06:48 PM   #10
Jhalf
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 335i e92

what is the dot matrix?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 07:24 PM   #11
1N54E92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F30 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhalf View Post
what is the dot matrix?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540071

Since you have a E92, look at the top 4 inches of your rear glass.... all the tiny black dots that keep the tint from sticking to the window.

Last edited by 1N54E92; 08-04-2011 at 07:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 07:29 PM   #12
1N54E92
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I'm getting tint within the next two weeks, and I'm already swaying going to Matt at TNT Tint because of all the positive feedback he's received. I know other shops put vinyl over the dot matrix, and to some that looks fine, but not to me.

How much was the cost?
Go to LA Tint in Sterling...highly recommended. tell them Bryan ( the guy with black 335i coupe who showed up 30 minutes late) referred you if you go.

F30 328i M-Sport (current), F30 328i Luxury (retired), E92 335i Sports ( retired), E30 325 ( retired)
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #13
Mflip335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
I got mine done at ziebart too and I wasnt too pleased. They used metallic rather than ceramic and it kind of messed up my comfort access. Its also my fault on my own part because I shouldve done more research on what type of tint to get. As far as vinyl, I didnt like how they were going to do it outside the windshield.
      08-06-2011, 07:44 AM   #14
boom
United_States
Rep

I have no issues with my nav and the metallic tint. LAtint sold me on the ceramic bc of nav issues but that is complete bs. Don't have comfort access. The exterior vinyl seemed a little strange but I'm willing to try it. I'll post pix after it's done.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 08:04 AM   #15
1N54E92
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have no issues with my nav and the metallic tint. LAtint sold me on the ceramic bc of nav issues but that is complete bs. Don't have comfort access. The exterior vinyl seemed a little strange but I'm willing to try it. I'll post pix after it's done.
Exterior vinyl ? never heard of it. Please post some pics.

F30 328i M-Sport (current), F30 328i Luxury (retired), E92 335i Sports ( retired), E30 325 ( retired)

Last edited by 1N54E92; 08-06-2011 at 09:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 08:25 AM   #16
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

WTF!!! exterior vinyl? really?

is someone told me that's what they are doing, I'd get the hell out of there.

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #17
AaronLBeltran
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Boom, please tell me that was a typo and they really didn't put the vinyl on the exterior? I have mine set up on Thursday at LA Tint in Sterling, but from what I've heard from other members, they put the vinyl on the interior.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 02:50 PM   #18
boom
United_States
Rep

I have not had it done. They will put it on the exterior of the window covering the dot matrix area. I don't know how it will look but I'll take pix if I do it. I don't know what the big deal is. I don't think it would look bad.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 07:54 PM   #19
AaronLBeltran
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Can anyone that's had their e92 done at LA Tint in Sterling verify that they put the vinyl on the interior and not exterior?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 09:09 AM   #20
1N54E92
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Can anyone that's had their e92 done at LA Tint in Sterling verify that they put the vinyl on the interior and not exterior?
Interior..

Appreciate 0