E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Quad Diffuser for Cyba 4" tips

04-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
mpaulino
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quad Diffuser for Cyba 4" tips

I've been reading the forum for quite some time, but I just purchased my e90 335 a few months ago so this is my first time starting a thread.

About 3 weeks after purchasing the car, I was rear ended which resulted in two quarter sized holes in my rear bumper. I just got the check from the guy's insurance company, so I'm purchasing a M-Tech rear. I was already planning a muffler delete, so this is a perfect time to do a quad setup with Cyba 4" tips (the big ones!) as seen in this thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=quad+diffusor

Anyways, I'm trying to stay away from the Duke Dynamics one because of all the complaints I've heard. Plus my car is pre-lci and I've heard DD fitment is even worse on them than LCI models. I'm contemplating ordering a diffuser and using a dremel, but I'm not sure which style I would use since it looks like some of them would look like crap if the cutouts were enlarged. The one below from JL is a perfect example because of the way the bumper sticks out around the quads. Name:  BMDI9006-5T.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  37.4 KB

Does anyone have suggestions/pictures of bumpers they have used a dremel on in order to fit quads? Other options that I'm missing? I've searched and found a lot of M3 rep bumpers and quad diffusers, but it seems that DD makes the only one that will fit the 4" tips on an e90 (Cyba only sells one for the e92/93 I believe).

Thanks,
Mike
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

If you click on the link on my sig, I did quads out of my stock bumper. But anybody shop will do it out of the diffuser it's pretty simple.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 04:04 AM   #3
ObiChen
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11'E90 / 18'F82

Garage List
2018 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
Neither JL performance style quad nor JL 3D style quad will fit a 335 exhaust cuz the outlets are way too close to the side. They are designed for 325/328 quad setup.

And, neither DD quad nor JL quad will fit a 4" quad setup cuz the width of the outlet for both of them is 7.1". Most likely you will need a customized diffuser.

Personal suggestion, 3" quad is enough, 4" is too big for a Euro car. Go for DD quad diffser for 335, and let the bodyshop worry about the fitment. It can be perfect.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
mpaulino
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm gunna order the m-tech from JG Mods and start out with cutting the diffuser that comes with it. If I don't like it, I'll find something else or get someone to make a custom one.
-Mike
Appreciate 0