E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Does uplugging the actuator in the trunk cause the service engine light to come on?

04-21-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
vgrani1g35
2009 335i
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i sedan

Does uplugging the actuator in the trunk cause the service engine light to come on?

My 09 335i sedan has less than 2k on the odometer and i recently have been having problems like the battery almost going dead..it sounded like it wasnt going to start when i pressed the start button..and then the service engine soon light came on..does this have anything to do with unplugging the actuator in the trunk? i have keyless go and when u shut the engine..it doesnt shut the radio or navi off until it locks..thought this was weird when i got it..like it would drain the battery.. i dont think the actuator is related but should i plug it back in before i take it in or it doesnt really matter..any info would help
2009 e90 335i/premium/sport/cold weather/navi/6spd/ipod/hd radio/comfort access/logic 7/35% tint all around/hardwired passport 8500/h8 gp thunder angels/black sapphire over saddle brown/gloss black grills/black sapphire reflectors
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 03:23 PM   #2
invariant
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgrani1g35 View Post
My 09 335i sedan has less than 2k on the odometer and i recently have been having problems like the battery almost going dead..it sounded like it wasnt going to start when i pressed the start button..and then the service engine soon light came on..does this have anything to do with unplugging the actuator in the trunk? i have keyless go and when u shut the engine..it doesnt shut the radio or navi off until it locks..thought this was weird when i got it..like it would drain the battery.. i dont think the actuator is related but should i plug it back in before i take it in or it doesnt really matter..any info would help
No, unplugging the exhaust flap actuator in the trunk will not cause SES light come on. I have had it unplugged for half a year or so.
Appreciate 0