E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > $600 a month for my 325i - who's laughing at me?

03-22-2006, 07:18 PM   #23
seatown_guy
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Ok, I got the neg. price down to $37,150 with them. That's $1550 over invoice. I'm fine with that, these guys need to make something! $2000 at delivery, $570 per month payments.

Bottomline, I already signed for this car. To go back in and get $1000 back and $30 per month of my payments, I'm happy.

Plus, I am getting great service from these guys. They give you the floormats. Plus, when the car arrives on truck from the prep center, they call me up that same morning and I can have the car in 6 hours. I hear about a lot of guys waiting 3-4 days for their dealership to prep the car, etc.

Thanks everyone for your help in teaching me about this.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2006, 07:25 PM   #24
Romulus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 05 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seatown_guy
That's $1550 over invoice. I'm fine with that, these guys need to make something!

Plus, I am getting great service from these guys. They give you the floormats.
That's the attitude they wish everyone had.. "but we can't stay in business at this price!!!! is what they say. gimme a break.

if i were you i'd go back and try to negotiate (look at the contract, rip it up, then demand another deal). you're paying at LEAST 750 more than you need to, and if you wanted you could drop another 1000 off the price. (500 over invoice is very very fair).
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2006, 08:19 PM   #25
seatown_guy
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Bro, I've been in business long enough to know what's worth it and what's not. I would never deal with a customer for 10 hours, hassle over a deal, etc. for $500 profit. So, when you say $500 is "very very fair" I think you're off. I hear about some guys getting $500 over invoice on here. But, they're in small towns in the middle of a cornfield like you. Trust me, I grew up 3 hours from you in Mason City. Thing is, a $200k house in Omaha is $600k here in my city. Kids at Starbucks, parttime are given full benifits, and $12 per hour. It's just a different market. So, I called 5 dealers in the Northwest and asked for their best prices. This was the best, after hassling them for 2 hours today.

There comes a point when guys whine so much about price on their Bimmer that it seems to ruin the fun of it. So, you think I'm out $750 - I'll make that much in the next 3 days. And, my rep still likes me. And, I'm completely happy with the purchase and will enjoy my car not for what I paid for it, but the experience of a great car. I'm not the whining girl that begged for $750 off after all is said and done.

Another thing is that I think taxes are higher here. We pay 9.1% - many of you guys seem to be paying closer to 6%.

Either way, I get my car in 20 days and I'm drivin' the hell out of it.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2006, 09:13 PM   #26
kickpoint
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 325i

Congrats seatown. I'm glad you where able to come to an aragement that you are comforatble with. You don't have to justify anything to us. It's your car, and as long as your happy... Enjoy the heck out of it, and I hope you get it soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2006, 09:56 PM   #27
Romulus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 05 M3

Quote:
Bro, I've been in business long enough to know what's worth it and what's not. I would never deal with a customer for 10 hours, hassle over a deal, etc. for $500 profit. So, when you say $500 is "very very fair" I think you're off.

So, you think I'm out $750 - I'll make that much in the next 3 days. And, my rep still likes me. And, I'm completely happy with the purchase and will enjoy my car not for what I paid for it, but the experience of a great car. I'm not the whining girl that begged for $750 off after all is said and done.
If you've been in the business long enough, why are you on here asking others how badly you got ripped?

Quote:
I am not about to be taken, just not my style.
Quote:
This sucks...really going to change that feeling driving off with a BMW. Makes me upset that I am paying too much.
Quote:
So, you think I'm out $750 - I'll make that much in the next 3 days.
Which is it? Do you care or not that the dealer got more money from you than they had to?

I was just trying to tell you how deals go for ALOT of other people, and possibly save you some money.. I don't get why you're so defensive all the sudden. There's nothing wrong with $500 over invoice, period. Read through the "how much are people paying for their E90s" thread, 1500 is slightly above average. Perhaps you should take your frustration out on yourself or the dealer for getting ripped, not me.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2006, 04:00 AM   #28
kickpoint
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 325i

I just wanted to repost a couple of questions I had. Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickpoint
the MF is the one area that relates and will vary based on your credit right?
Quote:
why not capitalize the taxes, tags, and other fees? Doesn't it just follow the same methodology of not reduce cap cost on the car itself. By paying this upfront you are reducing your monthly at the expense of your out of pocket cash. I what I'm getting at is if you don't pay any cap cost reduction, then why would you pay for the taxes, etc?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2006, 01:54 AM   #29
fibercus
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

When you qualify for BMW Finance u qualify for the current rates (i.e your entitled to .00195 if thats whats current)

Theres no levels in between, correct me if I am wrong, but any increase is Dealer Profit / spread (bank paying them difference between current rate and what they pull of getting you to sign for)
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2006, 11:13 AM   #30
marketman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2000 323it

Quote:
TD - First, there seem to be a couple of us from MD here on this forum. Small world. Second, the MF is the one area that relates and will vary based on your credit right? Lastly, why not capitalize the taxes, tags, and other fees? Doesn't it just follow the same methodology of not reduce cap cost on the car itself. By paying this upfront you are reducing your monthly at the expense of your out of pocket cash. I what I'm getting at is if you don't pay any cap cost reduction, then why would you pay for the taxes, etc?

MF is NOT based on your credit - At BMW eiother you qualify or you do not.
      04-01-2006, 11:17 AM   #31
marketman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2000 323it

Oh - and thank you Seatown for exposing the "whining girls" in here........... about half of these guys in here wear man panties.

especially Beto Pereria , et al ............