E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Crankshaft Pulley Tensioner - Any recommendations

04-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
BimmerW
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320d/320i

Crankshaft Pulley Tensioner - Any recommendations

Hi All,

My 320d recently had the crankshaft pulley tensioner replaced, a non-OEM part was used (not sure what exact make it was - will find out by garage soon)

However, noticed in the morning the car would sound really noisy but then it would get slightly quiet.

Now, it's been observed that its the crankshaft pulley tensioner playing about, so looks like as if the belt is about to come off.

So it seems the part has become faulty.

Now, is there an alternative manufacturer? as the BMW part is around £300 odd!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 01:56 AM   #2
jkas1984
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 320d m sport

I had the same problem, I used a meyle pulley and my engine just vibrated really bad.

I was replacing mine as preventive maintenance and after having the trouble with the meyle pulley I put the bmw pulley back on and had no problems.

So there are gates, febi etc lots of brands. Continental make them aswell I would go for gates or continental but at least if you buy the bmw pulley it will work fine.
Appreciate 0