E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Non-turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > FS: Used BMS Powerbox - $200 shipping included

11-02-2010, 08:40 AM   #1
Taxvictim
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i, Titanium Silver 6MT

FS: Used BMS Powerbox - $200 shipping included

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
SOLD SOLD. I have a 2007 328Xi with an automatic transmission. This is the worst transmission/engine combo BMW has ever produced. (It was a big mistake to give up a stick drive.) Our older E46 auto drove great, and my wife's X3 auto drives great. So I was hoping this BMS Powerbox might help fix the acceleration lag in my Xi.

While the Powerbox definitely made the throttle response better, it did not cure the pauses and lags while the all-wheel-drive transmission is down shifting. So, because the car is going back to the dealer for some routine work, I decided to pull the PBX out. (I'm still under extended warranty, and didn't want to be accused of a mod that voids the warranty.) Now that it's out, I'm not going to put it back in.

The unit was installed in December of last year. I've probably put about 15k miles on the car since it was installed.

I do not have the original box. The installation instructions are available at http://burgertuning.com/BMS_Power_Box.html.

Can ship US Priority mail anywhere in the US, included in the purchase price.

When I get home, I'll post a pic of the unit.

Last edited by Taxvictim; 11-09-2010 at 06:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
Taxvictim
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i, Titanium Silver 6MT

Sold.

Last edited by Taxvictim; 11-05-2010 at 09:02 PM..
Appreciate 0