E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > kenwood kac-7204

09-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
terminator2k2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90

kenwood kac-7204

hi there, need some advice really on this.....

ive just brought and installed the bmw apline kit, sound is a lot better but lack of thumpy bass....i have a e90 2006 with ccc system.

now because the bass was a bit poor i went out and purchased a kenwood kac-7204 amp and a kenwood 10" subwoofer.

i brought this amp as it has auto senseing from the high level input, to switch the amp on and off.

ive installed this and now the problems......the woofer level is very low, even with the gain control turned right up. and the amp is not switching off when there is no signal from the headunit. ive taken the inputs for the kenwood amp from the same inputs to the alpine amp.

ive even disconnected the alpine amp , so the kenwood gets all the signal from the head unit, and it acts the same.....

anyone installed this amp? or have any ideas....

chris
Appreciate 0