E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Headlight washers

12-04-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
gsm
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330d SE Touring

Headlight washers

Evening all, following on from the thread about losing the washer cover plate and attachment, I managed to catch mine just before I lost it.
Can anyone advise me on how to re-fit it, I looks like a snap in fitment but I don't want to put to much pressure on it.
thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2010, 03:02 PM   #2
MrRigma
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, 330D 2 x Elise S1

It's an easy fitment job. They just snap on. The way I did it was to start the car, windows down. Start a wash from the outside though the window, run to the front, grab the sprayer and click it on. They are quite strong so you'll have to be quick!!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2010, 04:24 PM   #3
gsm
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330d SE Touring

many thanks for taking the time to write a reply, it sounds odd but i'll give it a try, probably when it's dark so nobody see's me. thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 03:21 AM   #4
Osian85
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: E90 318d M Sport

Along the same lines, because of the cold weather lately i noticed one day my headlight washer was still out! frozen, and when i tried to sort it out the whole thing came out in my hand! bugger. once it was all defrosted enough i shoved it back in hoping to fix it and its gone back in, and flush with the bumper, but i havent tried it yet as its still too cold and i reckon the system wouldnt work.

Does anyone know about these / ever messed with them? is it just a push fit and should be ok now or should i take it to BMW? im a bit worried of the bugger falling out when driving....
Appreciate 0