E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Big Motoring World, Independent Used BMW Cars for Sale in West Malling, Kent, Reviews

11-09-2010, 11:00 AM   #529
philreid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 325i M Sport

Bump! Let's not let this Big Motoring World thread slip down the list...
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2010, 08:58 AM   #530
gks8888
Registered
Rep
Drives: 325cic convertible auto

First of all, I just want to say I don't work for Big Motoring World.

My experience with them have been so-so. I went down there twice before putting down a deposit for a car that I loved.

After test driving a few cars I had my heart set on a car and put down a deposit and told them the repair work I wanted done on the car both outside and inside and told them I would return to pick up the car in two weeks.

Two weeks later, I came to pay the remaining balance and collect the car only to find that the repair work had been done on the inside but not to the exterior. They told me they would get it sorted whilst I cleared my payment and it would be ready for me after I've paid etc. I refused (of course) to pay until I can see the car is repaired to the state that the salesman promised.

Two hours later they have done the repair work so I sorted out the payment of the balance. I must say the whole process on the day took about 5 hours in the end. I was quite frustrated when I left but after having driven the car for two weeks, all that have gone away and I'm just admiring the beast of a motor it is!

Also, during the two weeks between putting down the deposit and picking up the car, my car was still posted on their website with £1k knocked off the price. I called them up and my sales guy said the car has been taken to the back and am not on display (i actually went down there to check one day after work as I was around the area and he wasn't lying), and he admitted that it was to attract people to come look at the cars. Personally, I do not approve of that at all!

All in all, they have a huge selection of cars down there (especially 3 series convertible, which is what I went for in the end) at a much lower price than most dealers and they seemed to be in pretty good state generally. Likely to have high mileage for some cars. It's worth going down there for a look if you're not too bothered about after sale services and just want to have a nice looking car in a good condition with a pretty 'cheap'ish price.

Good luck guys
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #531
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

^^^

Still not quite worked out that coming on here and pretending not be connected with Big Motoring Wassocks just reinforces the image that they will say anything and quite happily lie if they think it will do them good.

It doesn't work - if you'll lie about this, what confidence can anyone have in your cars?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2010, 09:51 AM   #532
snellfish
We Fear No Foe
England
Rep
Drives: 320d M-Sport

gks8888 are you chinese/asian?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2010, 10:19 AM   #533
Baby Dave
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: E90 320d m sport

Or possibly a lying gob shite??
      11-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #534
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Dave View Post
Or possibly a lying gob shite??
rofl!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2010, 10:57 AM   #535
NightVisitant
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M-Sport 2011

This has to be the most evil thread. How can you be so mean to the Big Motoring World people.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #536
E92BSM10
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: E92 320D M-Sport Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by gks8888 View Post

My experience with them have been so-so. I went down there twice before putting down a deposit for a car that I loved.

After test driving a few cars I had my heart set on a car and put down a deposit and told them the repair work I wanted done on the car both outside and inside and told them I would return to pick up the car in two weeks.

Two weeks later, I came to pay the remaining balance and collect the car only to find that the repair work had been done on the inside but not to the exterior. They told me they would get it sorted whilst I cleared my payment and it would be ready for me after I've paid etc. I refused (of course) to pay until I can see the car is repaired to the state that the salesman promised.

Two hours later they have done the repair work so I sorted out the payment of the balance. I must say the whole process on the day took about 5 hours in the end. I was quite frustrated when I left but after having driven the car for two weeks, all that have gone away and I'm just admiring the beast of a motor it is!

Also, during the two weeks between putting down the deposit and picking up the car, my car was still posted on their website with £1k knocked off the price. I called them up and my sales guy said the car has been taken to the back and am not on display (i actually went down there to check one day after work as I was around the area and he wasn't lying), and he admitted that it was to attract people to come look at the cars. Personally, I do not approve of that at all!

All in all, they have a huge selection of cars down there (especially 3 series convertible, which is what I went for in the end) at a much lower price than most dealers and they seemed to be in pretty good state generally. Likely to have high mileage for some cars. It's worth going down there for a look if you're not too bothered about after sale services and just want to have a nice looking car in a good condition with a pretty 'cheap'ish price.

Good luck guys
Do you really think we are stupid enough to believe you
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #537
Baby Dave
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

And by posting they re kindle the post,bell ends
      11-12-2010, 11:18 AM   #538
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

best. thread. ever.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2010, 11:18 AM   #539
russtic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gks8888 View Post

Good luck guys
Do they never learn???
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2010, 11:22 AM   #540
Baby Dave
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

No, but it keeps us laughing
      11-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #541
E92BSM10
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: E92 320D M-Sport Highline

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2010, 02:29 PM   #542
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual

I made the mistake of contacting Big Motoring World via email as i was on the look out for a E65 730d Sport, as i could not locate any on their site.

Anyway, they called me the next day and said have a look on the site, as they defintley have a 730d Sport in the colour I want and within the price range I was after. I said that all i saw yesterday was a 730i Sport on the site and no diesels.

So i got onto the site, it was not a 730d Sport, but the 730i Sport I saw on the site the previous day, so I thought I would leave it at that and not bother with them, seeing as they cant tell the difference between a 730d and 730i.

Since then, they have been calling me and leaving voice mails(although I dont answer it ), telling me that they have the 730d sport in stock, and to call them straight away to arrange a viewing.

Hopefully, they might get the message after a while!

After reading this thread, it seems I have had a lucky escape!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2010, 03:22 AM   #543
Sportplus
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 318i M Sport E91

Spent the last hour reading this, How thick do this crowd think we all are!!

The pic of Vic and Bob clutching the handbags was a classic

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 02:51 PM   #544
russtic
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Def worth a read...

Don't let this thread die
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 02:57 PM   #545
225_AB
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Big motoring world will you ever learn? By coming on here and posting as satisfied customers (which you obviously arent) you merely succeed in keeping this thread up there as the first hit on search engines thus helping to prevent people from buying cars from you. For this public service I salute you for your selfless act. Keep up the good work.

Oh you also give us all a bloody good laugh.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 02:45 AM   #546
Daeths
Rep
Drives: x3

if this comes out twicew apologies, my pc crashed.

Newbie to the forum and just had to join after googling BIG MOTORING WORLD to share my experience.

My wife bought an X3 with full BMW service history and a years MOT. Picked the car up 3 months MOT and missing service book. Offered a free MOT - wuppity wup, should have been done already - and advised the service book was in their filing system definitely existed because the sales guy had seen it - yeah rite, you lie for a living and decided to take advantage of a female who was clueless about cars (with respect to my missus).

After calling every week for three months (YES 3 MONTHS) I was told that they had found the book and it was in the post. On receipt a week later, I dindn't have the warmest of feelings so rang the main dealers who had stamped the book. Feck me every one of them said they had never serviced my car and on checking the BMW system the vehicle had never been serviced at a main dealer.

So, I rang BIG MOTORING WORLD (who are liars, con artists and now beginning to get verbally aggressive) who fobbed me off with the line that they had made a mistake and that they had given me a service book for an identical X3 in terms of colour and engine/trim etc but with one number different on the reg - BIG MOTORING WORLD you are full of shit.

I marched down there and saw the 'Manager'. He was a retarded spiv who was as stupid as he was slimy and proceeded to tell me the car was never advertised with a full service history. I showed him my file with the original advert with print date, he told he I had doctored the document, I told him he was a cunt and that Trading Standards would be advised and they would have access to his computer records which would corroborate my facts.

He then changed tack and became my 'best friend' in a way I assume he normally reserves for his prospective customers. Cutting my rant short, I got a full refund and then promptly reported him to Trading Standards when the cheque cleared.

Do not do business with Big Motoring World, they are crooked.

As an aside, anyone who has bought one of their cars and been impressed with the quality of the wheel refurbs beware. Many of their vehicles have aftermarket replica wheels which are of an inferior quality AND INFRINGE ON BMW's COPYWRIGHT/PATENT.

Furthermore would you want to drive a car with potentially dangerous replica wheels, particularly for say a heavy X5 or a performance 540 ??

I am so glad I found this thread...I think it has given me closure

Keep up the good work guys and DON NOT BUY FROM BIG MOTORING WORLD.

If the guys at Big Motoring World, Wrotham are reading this and are unhappy with any of the facts, please feel free to post up on here or alternatively come round my house - you have my details. But the fact that you are gutless cocksuckers intent on ripping off uneducated buyers and or women just about sums you lot up.

Thank fuck for Karma...can't wait until you get yours
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 03:31 AM   #547
Daeths
Rep

Forgot to mention, the rear washwipe water didnt work from day 1. Took it back to them within a week they looked at it and scratched their arses for 4 hours and said they didnt know what was wrong with it. I went onto an X3 forum and in less than ten minutes identified the washer pipe that travels across the rear footwell was split and filling the well with water.

Front seat out, rear squab out carpet up, replaced and rerouted pipe so it is not under foot and all fixed in an hour and a half. Only problem was airbag light needed resetting as seat had been removed.

So Big Motoring World Wrotham, not only are you crooked, but you are not even knowledgeable regarding known faults with the marque you sell. In isolation I could live with this, but in conjunction with everything else...

Do not buy from BIG MOTORING WORLD, WROTHAM who sell BMW 1 2 3 5 6 X series
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 03:39 AM   #548
Daeths
Rep

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...rld%22&nmt=Big

It's been removed from Piston heads but hopefully will raise the counter for this thread...

Dont buy from Big Motoring World
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 03:55 AM   #549
Daeths
Rep

Aaron Perks - General Manager
Aaron Perks is our General Manager and has dedicated 10 years to the Big Motoring World cause. Bringing 25 years of used motor trade experience to the table Aaron has helped pushed the company to new heights and continues to do so on a daily basis.

Call us on 01732 220555

Not posting personal data as this is exctracted from their own site

http://www.bigmotoringworld.co.uk/about-us/the_team/3/

Big up Arsehole Aaron and the Bullshit Motivated Wankers massive he is responsible for
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 04:16 AM   #550
russtic
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeths View Post
Aaron Perks - General Manager
Aaron Perks is our General Manager and has dedicated 10 years to the Big Motoring World cause. Bringing 25 years of used motor trade experience to the table Aaron has helped pushed the company to new heights and continues to do so on a daily basis.

Call us on 01732 220555

Not posting personal data as this is exctracted from their own site

http://www.bigmotoringworld.co.uk/about-us/the_team/3/

Big up Arsehole Aaron and the Bullshit Motivated Wankers massive he is responsible for
Glad you got it sorted.
Appreciate 0