E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Africa > 335i Coupe delivery

12-08-2006, 01:15 PM   #1
Jonn335
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: F07 535 GT

Garage List
335i Coupe delivery

Hi I ordered my 335i in August,and the dealer tells me now it will be july before i get one, although he assured me it would be march. has anyone else had this long a wait or should i try another dealer?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2006, 02:44 PM   #2
BuckJon
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Coupe

I ordered mine in November and won't be getting it until March. I know the little factory place closes for a couple weeks here shortly. I don't think my car will get built unitl around mid Jan. So after delivery and all that puts it sometime in March. July seems a little far off man. You could still check other dealers too, see if maybe they have any existing orders they can alter for you.
      12-11-2006, 04:07 AM   #3
Broken1
Addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i M-Sport

It's worth trying to ask at another dealer. The way it works here in SA is each dealer gets an allocation of cars, so you're dealer might have sold their Jan allocation, Feb allocation and March allocation etc.

If they previously assured you March and now say July it could be due to their allocation changing, or other people being slotted infront of you (maybe BMW SA needs cars, or a family friend of the DP wanted one).

When I bought my E90, I had some poeple telling me 6 month wait, when I found Hyde Park Auto had allocations for the next month, and I got my car 4 weeks later...

Which dealer did you buy from?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2006, 05:06 AM   #4
Jonn335
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
I ordered from auto atlantic, and now i have phoned arround, and another dealer can give me a Feb build, so i am now waiting for Auto Atlantic to let me know if they can do the same, they are still being vague. If they cant tell me feb for sure i am going to the other dealer
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2007, 05:15 AM   #5
adamr
Major
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 RS

Garage List
phoned two dealers Club motors and Alberante, they both indicated delivery is now July/August for both the 325 and 335, when in Nov last year they indicated Feb/MArch 07 ... according to Alberante the cars are "trickling" in ... maybe its because of the worldwide demand for the cars ...

well i am selling the 325i no premium (seeing how every dealer out there is selling these cars for R40k premiums!!) ... its got like 200km on the clock so its new! waiting for the 335i connvertible coming in April/March ... ordered through Alberante BMW ...

If you want a Z4M-Coupe instead of the 335i, there is one at Club motors Berea City .. white with imola interior .. i decided id rather take the 335i convertible ... it was my order but not gonna take the car ...more in love with the E92/E93

2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
|PCM with NAV and GSM|Roll Cage|PCCB|Xenons|Sports Chrono Plus|PASM|Leather Pack|Silver Seat-belts|
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 03:13 PM   #6
Jonn335
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
i got a build no. at last, for feb. so i should get the car end of march or sometime in April.
I think I will pur in an order right away for an M3, the wait is going to be LONG for that one.
      01-16-2007, 03:22 PM   #7
Sp82
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5/G30 5er

wow..thats horrible
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 04:22 PM   #8
SA 325i Coupe
Enlisted Member
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 325i Coupe - Black Sapphire -

We are so sidelined in South Africa.

It kills me to read how US customers order today and have build details in a week, and after another 2 weeks the car is completed, waiting for shipping!!

John335 - I reckon our cars were probably on the same vessel. I also ordered with Auto Atlantic. And am waiting for the call to take delivery any day now!

Mine's a 325i.
When yours arrives - hope the 335i is incredible!!! It will likely be worth the wait, as frustrating as a 6 month wait is though!!!!

Delivered 30/03/07 !!!!
Image coming soon...
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2007, 03:12 AM   #9
adamr
Major
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 RS

Garage List
which ship you guys on?

2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
|PCM with NAV and GSM|Roll Cage|PCCB|Xenons|Sports Chrono Plus|PASM|Leather Pack|Silver Seat-belts|
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2007, 12:35 PM   #10
SA 325i Coupe
Enlisted Member
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 325i Coupe - Black Sapphire -

Any closer to your car Jonn335??

Delivered 30/03/07 !!!!
Image coming soon...
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2007, 05:12 PM   #11
radiofrequency
Field Marshall
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP, 2021 M2 Comp

hi everyone, yes the coupes are in very short supply, even in the usa. we are able to log into the owners circle on the bmw usa website and using a vin or production number are able to track our cars, however it is very unreliable. my salesman got the car to tampa bay, florida prepped and ready to go within 3 days after the ship docked in south carolina - this is a fair feat as there is a customs delay and then a 12 - 18 hour truck transport from the port. the car is well worth the wait though; here is my post from earlier today on a different thread:

just picked up my 335i coupe, ex cape town, live in florida, usa. after test driving the car with nav, decided against it as that second binnacle in the middle of the dashboard just looks wrong (to me, anyway!), and the hump always appeared to disturb my vision - just my opinion. also, i have had poor experiences with oem navigation as it obsoletes fairly quickly. this happened on my porsche and mercedes, so now i use the garmin 360 nuvi, at around $500, i don't care if it obsoletes! enough of that, my coupe came with jet black paint, black dakota leather, premium, sport, steptronic, paddles, comfort, ipod usb - listed at $47 500. a bargain in my mind, the logic 7 stereo is very, very good, and coupled with the usb ipod option is incredible - all of your ipod menu's appear on the radio display! comfort key is fabulous, no need to take the key out of your pocket, simply walk up to the car and get in and push START. i can really get used to this! the motor, well, if your on this forum, you must know all about bmw engines, but this one is a killer, smoothest acceleration i have ever experienced, and my last car had an amg 55 motor. how does this price compare with sa? are your cars optioned in a similar fashion. and yes, there is a long wait for coupes in the usa....
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 03:15 PM   #12
MBC0104
Registered
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black 335i Convertible

1 year wait

Hey all,

I ordered my 1 in August 2006 when i saw the spy pics on wheels 24. I finally took delivery in September after dealing with BMW Germany. I was told delivery would be no later than March 2007 - then April - then May.

I mentioned to the idiots that i need the car for my best mates wedding in May and they said it would be no issue.

Clearly it was !!!

So.. I decided not to deal with these moneys any longer and sent an e-mail to Germany (customer service) cc. Wolfgang Stander (MD South Africa - ex now) and Dr. Punke - chairman. Got an instant responce and was sent a screen dump of exactly where my car was in the order system.

Love the cars -- Hate the Co.
Appreciate 0