E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Kyung Baek aka Jbe90 is a scammer!!!!

08-27-2009, 04:46 PM   #45
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

This thread needs to go away....

...I think it is funny that folks are automatically taking the OPs side and slamming the vendor without any proof.

What we DO know is that the OP was deceptive about sending cash - which turned out to be a credit card payment.

Paypal and banks are like Vegas - they never lose, so a vendor is wise to wait until he has the funds in hand before he ships - to keep a buyer from stopping payment through his credit card.

That said, there is also a lot of funny stuff going on with the vendor as well (assuming what the OP said was true) in that one can always reverse a transaction. If he has already withdrawn the funds then there is no excuse to ship the parts right away.

This thread needs to go away - at least until there are facts to talk about.

One thing that should have tipped the OP off is an unsolicited email trying to sell him something - and then not investigating the seller before he sends money.

If the OP is leaving the country real soon then he doesn't need the part now anyway - he could have ordered it at his leisure for delivery when he got back.

Like I said - both sides stink and it is foolish to jump in now and take sides..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 04:48 PM   #46
Tyrant 3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i

Well first off I posted logs...second off read this... http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266164 and tell me there is no proof of this guy doing this?

We do know I was deceptive by saying I sent cash? Your missing the point...I sent the equivalent to cash in the eyes of paypal. The point was to show no "pending" titles were put on the money when he got it.

Lastly note that I'm the one out almost $400 and this guy is sitting pretty over there with everything. Shit dude read the post before you post your opinion.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #47
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92-Lighting View Post
ouch
I just read. Wonder if they all got their refunds... Seems like a whole slew of people bought from this guy. Really curious why so many deals fell through. JPE90 is looking more and more like a scammer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Well, I haven't had a personal account in years, so maybe things have changed since back then.
But i remember when I had upgraded a while back, transaction speed was quicker.
So I really don't have any current experience with a personal account.

And actually, whenever I have sold anything on here (or craigslist or eBay) I have told the buyer that until the money has 100% cleared, I will not ship. Of course, this was agreed upon prior to any money be sent.

Maybe you two should have talked more before you sent him the money

But fyi, posting on here, and pissing him off isn't going to do anything...

the only thing the mods here can do is ban him.

Otherwise, you really gain nothing from this.... except him getting mad and wanting to make you more mad by taking his time...

I know you want your money, and you deserved it yesterday, but raising up hell (usually) doesn't help...
Plus, considering all your posts have basically just been on here, you yourself don't have much of a reputation here (yet).
I guess sellers in the future may be reluctant to sell you things in the future?
I don't know, just a guess.

Nonetheless, gl with getting your money, and patience really is a virtue...
it's only been like a day and you're already going crazy....
Business transactions, small and big, take time...
it takes Medicare almost 10 days to pay my company.... and Medical gave us stupid IOUs.... but there's nothing one can do about it because the world doesn't revolve around us :P
+1

After all these posts, not sure if seller is a scammer or not. You said that he previously scammed people, whom he later paid back. If he were truely a smart scammer, he would make a new account with no negative feedback attached to pose as seller. Not saying he couldn't be lazy/idiot.

I understand OP is in a hurry to get his tune, but I could also understand how jbe90 wanted to wait until his funds cleared. You have low post count just like him, so I'd have been wary of you being a scammer as well(not accusing you of being one). Just be a bit more patient. JPE90 even messaged you himself advising you charge back.

I really doubt he's really using paypal as a pseudo creditcard. OP, you still have plenty of time to chargeback if it looks sour by Saturday. Just relax and worry about buying that JB3 after you get back from your trip. You're in no danger of losing your money. In fact you should think of the time you've wasted here as the cost of you learning to be more cautious when dealing with anonymous buyers online.

BTW, this guy is a private seller. You can't use the same standards as professional paypal merchants to judge him. Competency varies, we're all just human.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 04:59 PM   #48
KnuckleZ
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 09 AW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
why not just wait until you get back from germany? Then the OP could get a 1.4 version without the upgrading portion.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #49
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceb View Post
...I think it is funny that folks are automatically taking the OPs side and slamming the vendor without any proof.

What we DO know is that the OP was deceptive about sending cash - which turned out to be a credit card payment.

Paypal and banks are like Vegas - they never lose, so a vendor is wise to wait until he has the funds in hand before he ships - to keep a buyer from stopping payment through his credit card.

That said, there is also a lot of funny stuff going on with the vendor as well (assuming what the OP said was true) in that one can always reverse a transaction. If he has already withdrawn the funds then there is no excuse to ship the parts right away.

This thread needs to go away - at least until there are facts to talk about.

One thing that should have tipped the OP off is an unsolicited email trying to sell him something - and then not investigating the seller before he sends money.

If the OP is leaving the country real soon then he doesn't need the part now anyway - he could have ordered it at his leisure for delivery when he got back.

Like I said - both sides stink and it is foolish to jump in now and take sides..
I'm still giving both of them the benefit of the doubt too. Just looks like OP is more in the right by evidence provided so far. I will say that OP seems to be overreacting a bit. Not enough time to be scared IMO but he is going out of town, so I can understand the added stress.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #50
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Finally, some life in this place.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 05:26 PM   #51
cjava
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant 3
JB jsut sent me this...

Quote:
Dude, if you paid with a card, you could get a refund right away. Just call your credit card company and dispute the transaction. Then paypal will charge me and take the refund back.

I wish you told me this before... .
Here's what he's doing:

He has done is already withdrawn the funds from PayPal. When you do a CC chargeback, you will get your money back, but PayPal will be pissed off and lock your account. You may get banned from PayPal.

His PayPal account will go negative and become locked, but he won't care since he already has the money in hand.

PayPal will send threatening e-mails to him but ultimately fail. Eventually it will go to some collection agency, which crooks would laugh at.

You did the right thing by using a credit card. Never, ever pay for anything on PayPal linked to a checking account.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 05:28 PM   #52
poorcollegekid
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 325I, Graphite/Gray Auto

Still waiting on my refund from Jbe90 also...

I tried to buy a set of wheels way back in March and we finally agreed to just refund a couple months ago. I posted something way back when asking if anyone knew anything on him. I talked to Paypal last night for the 2nd time and they said they would reopen disputes past the 45 days if there are enough complaints against him. I advise all of you that feel like you're stuck to call Paypal and file a claim against him like I have done. Jbe90, I'll drop my dispute right when I get my refund. Do the right thing.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 05:30 PM   #53
STICKY335
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Coupe

Worse comes to worse bro just file a chargeback ur 100% to get your money back...
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 05:42 PM   #54
Spitfirocks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i 07

Im local to this guy. Need any help?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 05:57 PM   #55
InS0mNiAc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335I Montego Blue

Sounds like this isn't his first spin around the block when it comes to fraud.....
      08-27-2009, 05:57 PM   #56
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorcollegekid View Post
I tried to buy a set of wheels way back in March and we finally agreed to just refund a couple months ago. I posted something way back when asking if anyone knew anything on him. I talked to Paypal last night for the 2nd time and they said they would reopen disputes past the 45 days if there are enough complaints against him. I advise all of you that feel like you're stuck to call Paypal and file a claim against him like I have done. Jbe90, I'll drop my dispute right when I get my refund. Do the right thing.
New plot twist. What's gonna happen next? Does jbe90 have bad reviews yet?

When's the lynch mob being formed? Keep me informed. (just noticed how all parties involved in this have low post counts)

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 06:00 PM   #57
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by InS0mNiAc View Post
Sounds like this isn't his first spin around the block when it comes to fraud.....
Ironically, this one fact makes me think JBE90 may be somewhat innocent. How many people are dumb enough to use the same account to scam people for over 3 months off and on?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #58
InS0mNiAc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335I Montego Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
Ironically, this one fact makes me think JBE90 may be somewhat innocent. How many people are dumb enough to use the same account to scam people for over 3 months off and on?
Well I guess that depends on how well it works
      08-27-2009, 06:03 PM   #59
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymaker View Post
Whenever I read these thread about people ripping off people I always wonder to myself. Instead of ripping people off for chump change, why don't these scammers just get a job instead? Heck, even a shit day job has got to be better than petty larceny and all it's trappings. And, at a job you even get to meet some LADIES. Ripping people off on internet forums you just get to meet a bunch of car dudes. Seems like a lose, lose to me. Besides you should always try to think big. Working at a "too big to fail" bank seems like much better bang for the scam buck, than poaching on internet forums.
I get your point but not sure if you're trying to be sarcastic there. Random jab at the banking industry?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 06:03 PM   #60
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Tyrant 3,

Let's round up as much of the Chicago bimmer crew as we can and take this guy out. I want to see the look on his face when a ton of bimmer's with pissed of Chicagoans roll up for this douche looking for payback.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 06:07 PM   #61
PokGuy
The Ma of all E90's
Rep
Drives: the neighbors craaazzzyy!

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by toymaker View Post
Whenever I read these thread about people ripping off people I always wonder to myself. Instead of ripping people off for chump change, why don't these scammers just get a job instead? Heck, even a shit day job has got to be better than petty larceny and all it's trappings. And, at a job you even get to meet some LADIES. Ripping people off on internet forums you just get to meet a bunch of car dudes. Seems like a lose, lose to me. Besides you should always try to think big. Working at a "too big to fail" bank seems like much better bang for the scam buck, than poaching on internet forums.
to you this is a scam. to him this IS his job
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 06:09 PM   #62
crazed792
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
Well, the interesting thing to me is that despite the thread where I think 3 people complained, not one gave any negative feedback to his itrader, so he is still positive. Because of that I would think, "hell yeah, I can use this account to do it again!" If I were a scammer with an account that I got to be a + account.
      08-27-2009, 06:09 PM   #63
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by InS0mNiAc View Post
Well I guess that depends on how well it works
True, but I'd think people would wisen up and check/remember me if it worked well enough. Maybe I'm just a better criminal mastermind.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 06:13 PM   #64
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag824 View Post
Tyrant 3,

Let's round up as much of the Chicago bimmer crew as we can and take this guy out. I want to see the look on his face when a ton of bimmer's with pissed of Chicagoans roll up for this douche looking for payback.
Chicagoans
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 06:15 PM   #65
wellwell
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

i sympathize for the OP, but it has always been buyer beware. Especially in the world of interent commerce. it is always best to not give the benefit of the doubt. i always ask for a phone nuber to discuss any transaction. much easier to smell the bullshit that way. perform your due diligence
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 06:15 PM   #66
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

REPRAZENT!
Appreciate 0