E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Installing Alpine PXE-H650 into E92 advice

02-20-2014, 03:20 PM   #1
320Dean
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 325D

Installing Alpine PXE-H650 into E92 advice

So I managed to source a brand new Alpine PXE-H650 for £200 which I think is a good deal correct me if I am wrong.

I haven't committed fully to this yet so I can get another DSP.

I intend on installing it myself and just wondering if anyone else has done it and how they've wired it up.

I have the basic audio package with I drive consisting of 4 x 4" mids and 2 x 6.5" subs professional I believe it is. Anyway that's what it used to be I now have the MB quart set in front and hertz 2 way coax in the rear powered by an alpine 4 channel amp. Greatly improved sound but no quite right I am having the system coded next week some time to give the hifi output which I've been told will improve current setup further.

I am currently having a custom made 12 inch sub enclosure made to sit in the rear arch and have ordered a pioneer sub and vibe lite box bass 1 to power it.

I want to reduce the low frequencies to the under seat subs and the mids in the doors and allow the sub to bring it back. The MB's have good bass but are unable to correctly produce certain bass lines maybe due to not having the hifi coding or hardware limitation.

Looking for wiring diagrams and location of the factory amp to tap into.

Thanks in advance I am going to need all the advice I can get.
Appreciate 0