E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > FS: Used JB4 G5 ISO Board N54 - $100.00

12-21-2015, 08:40 PM   #1
B335T E92
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335xi E92

FS: Used JB4 G5 ISO Board N54 - $100.00

I have a JB4 G5 board (no harness - just board and enclosure). It was in my car for less than a year and is in PERFECT visible condition; however, I removed it due to some misfires I had only at WOT (was not the plugs or coils) I was having with the JB4 in the car.

From what I can see, there is absolutely no visible damage, staining, or burning anywhere on the board (when the enclosure is opened). I just do not have the time to mess with it and figure out if its firmware, the board, or my car causing the misfires that I had only at WOT. It may just need a firmware update for all I know but purchase knowing this in advance. .

I live in DC and willing to ship. Make me an offer.
2009 BMW 335xi AWD FTW - The B335T - Titanium Silver Metallic - Coral Red Interior - MHD e40 Tune v. 7.1 - Alpina Flash - CP-E Kittyless Downpipes - Fuel It Stage 2 LPFP - VRSF 5" Stepped FMIC - BMS DCI - VRSF CP - TIAL BOV - M-Tech Rear Bumper - M3 Rep Sideskirts - BBS CK 18" Wheels - Akebono Pads - 3D Custom CF Roof, Mirror, and Front Reflector Wrap - CSL Rear Trunk Spoiler - Smoked Turn Signals - DVD in Motion - 20% Tints
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2015, 02:38 AM   #2
Lambo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Not interested in the board, but I am interested in your problem. Did you just replace the JB4 board with hopes to fix the misfire issue? Or did you remove the JB4 entirely and go back to stock ECU?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2015, 01:13 PM   #3
B335T E92
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335xi E92

Hey Lambo,

This has actually been a long, long road. I actually am no longer selling the board because it is not the issue.

Long and short, I have been having misfire codes in cylinders 1, 4, and 6 for about 6 months at WOT with some major backfires at WOT. Other codes along the way were low pressure sensor (replaced), multiple misfires, misfires in entire bank, etc. Car has been running crazy lean at WOT - like hitting a wall.

Ended up replacing all plus, coils, LPFP with a Fuel-It Stage 2, the low pressure sensor, and did a backend pump flash through MHD because the car was running extremely rich and lean. Did the backend last night and changed the FOL from 70 to 90. The car drives better but still misfires at and near WOT. Any ideas would be appreciated; we may replace TMAP and O2 sensors next. I am on index 11 injectors and have had the HPFP replaced multiple times and it is running fine.

Mods: JB4 G5 ISO, CPE Downpipes, VRSF Charg Pipe, Tial BOV, Alpina Flash, BMS backend pump flash, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP
2009 BMW 335xi AWD FTW - The B335T - Titanium Silver Metallic - Coral Red Interior - MHD e40 Tune v. 7.1 - Alpina Flash - CP-E Kittyless Downpipes - Fuel It Stage 2 LPFP - VRSF 5" Stepped FMIC - BMS DCI - VRSF CP - TIAL BOV - M-Tech Rear Bumper - M3 Rep Sideskirts - BBS CK 18" Wheels - Akebono Pads - 3D Custom CF Roof, Mirror, and Front Reflector Wrap - CSL Rear Trunk Spoiler - Smoked Turn Signals - DVD in Motion - 20% Tints
Appreciate 0